Author Topic: Tigers vs Roos  (Read 11391 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Tigers vs Roos
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2004, 11:58:54 PM »
It was a pleasure to watch Daniel Wells pull our pants down and bend us over.

LMAOOOO@John liking to watch.

What about Dr Who copping th big Sav.

;D ;D ;D

Ray Who tried hard but the supply to the Sav was too good.

lmfaooo@me wanting to say so many things but not wanting to push it.
lmfaoooo@me doing smilies becuase i'm trying to kick the "lmfaoooo" habit

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2004, 01:37:19 AM »
I heard part of Danny's press conference and he was speaking about playing Duncan Kellaway next week to give us some grunt - PLUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Play the kids - all of them every single one of them.

I heard Danny say that too WP :o. If that doesn't demonstrate to the Club that they should tap him on the shoulder now and say Danny you won't be coaching us after this year I don't know what does. Talk about living in the past  :P.

I couldn't agree more with your last line WP. Please play the kids now!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2004, 02:16:49 AM »
Fatigue no factor for Frawley
12:25:56 AM Sun 6 June, 2004
Matt Burgan
Sportal/exclusive to richmondfc.com.au

Richmond coach Danny Frawley believes three roads trips in the past month had nothing to do with the Tigers 74-point loss to the Kangaroos at Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

Speaking in his post-match media conference, Frawley said matches in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth were not the reason behind the Tigers' second half fade out against the Roos.

"A lot of people asked 'Was it the three interstate trips or the trip back from Perth?' but you can't unfortunately use that as an excuse," Frawley said.

"It was just the opposition ran a lot harder than us and a lot of our players need to look at their professionalism and are they doing everything in their power to be AFL footballers?"

Frawley backed his players when questioned if they were overrated, but his said the group needed to improve as a whole in a variety of areas.

"I'm the coach of the players, so I've got to support them as much as I possibly can, but there was a few things said behind closed doors that hopefully they'll react to in a positive way," Frawley said.

"We're got a really good, honest leadership group off the field, but I believe when it counts, we need to get our hands dirty and play more collision footy - that's the disappointing part."

"You can't put it on any one individual but as a team and as a football department we have to take fully responsibility for that and the only way out of that is to find some grunt and just work through some issues."

Frawley believes the next two home matches against Fremantle and Carlton at home are 'winnable', while he said the injection of several players will help immensely.

He said veteran Duncan Kellaway will return next week  :o, adding that he still hoped his body was 'up to it', while midfielder Justin Blumfield is 'a realistic opportunity' to resume.

Frawley, however, was remaining cautious on 2003 Jack Dyer Medallist Mark Coughlan, who is still battling osteitis pubis.

"He's a chance (for the VFL next weekend). I'd love to rush him straight back in - that's what our players dearly need," Frawley said.

"He'll play in a couple of weeks, but we'd love to put the name Mark Coughlan and (Andrew and Duncan) Kellaway in there - those boys have got fibre and they've got a fair bit of going, so it'd be good to get them back, hopefully together in the next three weeks."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=153389

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2004, 09:31:09 AM »
"We're got a really good, honest leadership group off the field, but I believe when it counts, we need to get our hands dirty and play more collision footy - that's the disappointing part."

And there in lies another obvious problem. "good honest leadership group  off the field".

We need leaders on the bloody field!

And there doesn't seem to be any - Chaffey, Gaspar (as leaders), in particular were shocking.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2004, 11:42:43 AM »
A club with no leaders-sounds like us.
Our leadership group is comical.

froars

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2004, 11:47:47 AM »
Oh, but Dunc will be back next week to give us leadership lol

Danny is delusional.  He needs as much as help as Smith.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2004, 08:33:27 PM »
I agree WP. The leadership group needs to make it happen on field.
I was apalled at our deterioration in the second half last night and no-one was capable of stopping the rot.
In 2001 we played some very gritty football that prevented some of the avalanches we have seen this year.
Why cant these run ons be stopped via flooding etc.I know its not pretty, but at least with a team such as ours not blessed wth skill, our defeats may not be as severe.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2004, 12:52:01 PM »
Toothless Tigers lack 'grunt': Frawley
By Melissa Ryan
June 6, 2004

Richmond coach Danny Frawley has questioned the commitment of his players and will seek to inject more "grunt" into the line-up this week to arrest the club's three-game losing streak, after the Tigers received a 74-point hammering from the Kangaroos last night.

The Tigers were smashed in the second half by the rampaging Roos, managing to scrounge only five goals compared to the Kangaroos' 17. Saverio Rocca booted eight goals for the victors in a performance that pleasantly surprised coach Dean Laidley.

Frawley was disappointed that his players "went back in our shells, which has been an issue from day one this year" after failing to make the most of early opportunities in the third quarter and providing goals to the Roos through errors.

"A lot of our players need to look at their professionalism and whether they're doing everything in their power to be AFL footballers . . . there were a few things said behind closed doors that hopefully they'll react to in a positive way," Frawley said.

"The next two games are winnable again. We can't get ahead of ourselves, especially the position we're in. With Fremantle, they play a different brand of footy and they'll be keen to come over to the 'G on our home ground. We'll probably play guys like Duncan Kellaway and hopefully his body is up to it. We just need to get some grunt in there, and get it in there pretty quick."

Along with Kellaway, coming into line for selection is Justin Blumfield, with both players not having played so far this season. Mark Coughlan could return in the VFL, although Frawley wished he could rush his star midfielder back in from the groin problem that has troubled him this year.

"We've got to make sure we get a team that's going to give our supporters something to cheer for because they've been through a lot this year. We set our season up pretty badly early, we fought back and now we've lost the last three, so it's really disappointing," he said.

The Tigers also were stung by reports levelled against captain Wayne Campbell and Tim Fleming.
Campbell's name was entered in the notebook of umpire Matthew Head during time-on of the third quarter, for striking Kangaroos vice-captain Brent Harvey. Fleming was reported for rough play after an incident in which he collected Ashley Watson late and to the head after Watson had taken a mark.

The Kangaroos' victory was only their second win from the past eight games, and Laidley was pleased with the performance, given the public questioning of his players.

He was also surprised by Rocca's eight-goal haul, not believing that the veteran goalkicker had such a performance left in him.

"Probably not that big, in all honesty. I said before the game that we needed someone to kick five goals, whether it was Leigh Harding, Daniel Motlop, Sav or Drew (Petrie). He did well," Laidley said.

"But he can't be up and down. He needs to be more consistent, same with Corey McKernan. Corey probably knew at half-time that it was just about over but he comes out and does that, that's what he's capable of.

"I don't expect either of them to be best-on-ground but I expect them to show their wares and help Drew or Leigh Harding or Daniel Motlop in the forward line."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/05/1086377191851.html?oneclick=true

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2004, 12:54:23 PM »
Like most others, I’m at wits end to explain anything that goes on with our Club and I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been said before, but it’s good just to get it off my chest all the same.  And usually, I’d just read everyone else’s thoughts and leave it at that, but this is just mind numbing stuff.

I should just stop reading or listening to anything, because it just makes my blood boil.  Do any of them actually understand what the role of a coach is?  Whether it be an assistant, or any other type?

What does it say when the Coach blames players for not being professional enough, after the fact.

"A lot of our players need to look at their professionalism and whether they're doing everything in their power to be AFL footballers . . . there were a few things said behind closed doors that hopefully they'll react to in a positive way," Frawley said.

Isn’t it the responsibility of the coach to know his players, before they get on the field?  The sort of effort they make off the field is more than likely the type they will provide on it.  And as far as I can see, there haven’t been enough who do the hard yards off the field, as that’s what our results show.

People have been saying this for yonks and we’re just waking up to it.  Are we serious?

You only need to look at some of them to know they’re anything but serious.  It just can’t be that hard, can it?

But never fear, the future is almost here.  With a bit of luck, hopefully some of us will still be sane enough to enjoy it.

Ox

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2004, 01:02:29 PM »
Fraudley is happy to be "GOOD MATES" with the team.
That is the limit of his understanding of true leadership.
The problem is,if u're good mates with spud you become a loser
as he has proven over the last 15 years of his career.

I feel your frustrations to a T Tiger Spirit.
I had the same feelings about his statements on the Sunday Footy show
(from which these quotes originally taken).

2005 - A new era.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2004, 02:14:46 PM »
People have been saying this for yonks and we’re just waking up to it.  Are we serious?

Problem is that's been happening both on and off-field all this year. We've got former board members going around like they had nothing to do with getting and keeping us in this mess then claiming to have seen the light. Now we've got after 5 YEARS the current admin and coaching staff claiming they have now seen the light. Who do they think they're kidding! 

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2004, 03:12:06 PM »
Problem is that's been happening both on and off-field all this year. We've got former board members going around like they had nothing to do with getting and keeping us in this mess then claiming to have seen the light. Now we've got after 5 YEARS the current admin and coaching staff claiming they have now seen the light. Who do they think they're kidding!

Themselves, I suspect MT.

You just have to wonder about our Club and where we went wrong.  At some stage, we obviously had people who knew what they were doing.  But now, it’s like we never ever knew how to win and be winners.  And it seems that anybody who was part of the successful times doesn’t want anything to do with us today.

We have people running the place who don’t understand footy and the footy culture, who need a history lesson on the Club they run and generally have no understanding of the purpose of a footy Club, which is to provide an environment for players to get the best out of themselves.

Instead, we turn out unmotivated, uncommitted, selfish players.  And it’s not necessarily all their fault, because an equal portion of blame goes to the Club.

Unless we get into the 21st Century, as far as developing players goes, then they might as well just pull the white sheet over the place and call the undertaker.

It is not right that players are drafted to this Club only to have next to no chance of achieving anything like what they are capable of.  I don’t know why, but that irks me more than anything else.  I can live with losing, as much as I hate it and everything else that goes with it, but most players get one chance at a career and when they get drafted to RFC it’s as good as a death sentence for their career.

It has been the same way for countless careers and unless those running the show put aside their own interests and get a grip on reality and why the Club is here in the first place then just close the doors, because, as far as I can see, somewhere along the way, RFC lost sight of what its core business is.  As evidenced by the achievements of players when they first arrive to when they leave and the results the Club has produced as a whole.

No, we’re too busy playing board room games to be worrying about the football department.  Never mind that this is a “football” club.

Hopefully, I’ll have it all out of my system some time soon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cambo cleared
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2004, 11:53:51 PM »
Cambo has been cleared of his report.