Author Topic: OER Posters to Decide  (Read 96919 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: OER Posters to Decide
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 11:49:43 PM »
So anyway, show your cards.

No from me.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:54 AM »
Listen,
I know who the two are who dobbed on me anyway  :shh
Now is your chance to man up and voice your personal concerns.
Are you able to articulate your standpoint without fear of retribution?

Oh look....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 02:38:56 AM »
Can I also request that the list of banned words be published in the site rules area of the thread? They don't have to be spelled out but at least communicated so we all get the gist as to why they are banned.

For example, I tried to post a word earlier which is a brand of anti depressant and I was locked out of posting with a forbidden message. But then you can say the word rape.
The former is done by our hosts as an anti-spam mechanism which we (the mods) have no control over. So certain brands of medications or gambling related words (po-ker) will result in the "forbidden" message.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks OE
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
I like the site and for the most part posters are informative on the Tiggers and the game.

Whatever happens, happens.

Go Tigers. :gotigers

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »
punching people in the head is tolerated in your work place?where do you work ?the salt mines of Stalingrad?
im a tradie and most tradies i know will only tolerate so much.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
im happy for change. if it means people stay and it encourages people to join the site so be it. lets see the site grow not shrivel away to nothing.

i will say this though the sites good because it hasnt been overly officious.  so theres pros and cons.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

And why a post to say you reported it?

No need for that either

BTW the person who the original post was directed at in jest (think one of these  :lol is a good indication it was indeed in jest) hasn't complained so not sure what the problem is but for consistency I've removed it

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
Just wondering, is there a sense of irony with a thread about a question of moderation being so heavily moderated?

Has the decision been made and this thread is the first implementation?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

BTW the person who the original post was directed at in jest (think one of these  :lol is a good indication it was indeed in jest) hasn't complained so not sure what the problem is but for consistency I've removed it

Because I'd be called gutless if I didn't so I'm manning up.
He might not have seen it and it's good you nipped it in the butt before he did, was a perfect example of baiting. I'm sure if he did retaliate he'd be copping a lot more than "a snip for consistencies sake". I'm also sure if someone else said that they'd be getting a strike too.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

He might not have seen it and it's good you nipped it in the butt before he did, was a perfect example of baiting. I'm sure if he did retaliate he'd be copping a lot more than "a snip for consistencies sake". I'm also sure if someone else said that they'd be getting a strike too.

I didn't see it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

I didn't see it.
not you ox  was aimed at me.if the post thats not there anymore is to go by. i just ignored it reckon that peees em off more.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

I didn't see it.
not you ox  was aimed at me.if the post thats not there anymore is to go by. i just ignored it reckon that peees em off more.

And that's the thing - we're all big people and all have that option.  Trying to please and calm everyone by over-moderating will only drive more away, we have to be able to have a crack and should only be moderated when it gets purely and overtly abusive, racist, sexist etc.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

I didn't see it.

And that's the thing - we're all big people and all have that option.  Trying to please and calm everyone by over-moderating will only drive more away, we have to be able to have a crack and should only be moderated when it gets purely and overtly abusive, racist, sexist etc.

Nailed it Smokey

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 07:48:02 PM »
Reported.

SNIP

No need for that either

I didn't see it.

Nailed it Smokey

Natural selection.  ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
Just noticed this thread and read through all the posts. Some decent comments here. I've been on the forum for a number of years and only started reporting posts in the last month when I was banned. Not anything personal against the poster or even a complaint - more a comment on the inconsistency of the moderation.
It's a bit like the holding the ball interpretation, I don't care how you interpret it - just be consistent.
So my reporting to moderators is more to do with consistent moderation of the forum.
Personally, it's a soap box so jump on and go for it - you want some sting in the threads, it's makes for an edgy debate.
I don't particularly like incessant negativity but it's a matter of prerogative.
I reckon baiting overly positive posters is poor form and admit to reacting but it's like a mosquito bite.
Sometimes you scratch it and other times you can't be arsed.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.