Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238034 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »
It's great. You stuffing sad sacks
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »
Love it, won't be a dry eye in the house when he runs Out in that famous jumper  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
Agree, awesome news.  Love it Tigers....

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »
I teared up just reading the article, I'll be a blubbering mess the day he runs out in it!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2015, 03:10:22 AM »
Richmond recruiting officer Luke Williams discusses on the 'Talking Tigers' podcast about what caught the eye of the Tigers' scouts regarding Daniel Rioli ....

* My first experience of seeing Daniel live was back in February - a practice game for North Ballarat he was playing, at Sebastopol. There weren’t a lot of AFL recruiters there that day but those that were there, myself included, were going to watch some of the more higher-touted players that were in the AIS Academy. I came back to our group of recruiters and spoke about these other touted players but also mentioned that there was an Indigenous boy with the surname Rioli that I need to do a lot more work on. He didn’t have a complete game by any means but he certainly showed some traits that we felt we needed to find in this year’s draft. So, we tracked him from there at school footy and TAC Cup.

* I think it’s no secret that the role we expect Daniel to play at AFL level is what the Club’s been missing a bit in the last couple of years. He’s a genuine small forward, who can make something out of nothing, he’s got blistering speed and he’s got a real appetite to tackle. They’re some elements of the small forward craft that are really important and we need. The Draft Combine just capped off his season, really. We knew that he’s a very resilient character and very driven even prior to the Combine.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-11-30/tigers-get-what-they-need-in-rioli

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2015, 08:24:12 AM »
So the club changes the rules again

During Dimma's time all newbies have had to wear high numbers and earn the right to a low number

But now we suddenly make an exception

Good luck to the kid

But gee we flip flop a lot

First World problem 😃

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2015, 08:30:11 AM »
Well, I can see it both ways, great for the kid to inherit Maurice's number however the inconsistencies at the club make you wonder if we are actually following a plan or chopping and changing to suit. A good plan should not be managed like this, it should be tweaked to cope with change but the fundamentals must remain so everyone knows the standards set must be followed. In this case the standard has been broken to accommodate one person and not the club... :-\..not really a team move.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »
oh ffs

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »
oh ffs

More enlightening comments from the supercoach...ffs!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »
Correct me if im wrong. 
Hasnt it been a long standing tradition to give players the number of a relative thats also played the tigers, and this is the first time under Dimma's reign that we have picked up such a player. 
I dont see this as a flip flop, its still sticking to his mantra of new kids (who have no history at the club) earning their higher numbers while also recognizing the past players and any future relative they may come along.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2015, 08:55:44 AM »
Stoked for the kid. Hope he can wear it with pride.

Obviously the club want to market him and get $$$. That's the way the world works....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »
Great decision, stuff the wowsers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
#erection

:shh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »
#erection

:shh
Too early to erect a statue of him Bents..... ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:05:09 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.