Author Topic: Ins & outs  (Read 7442 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Ins & outs
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 12:12:29 PM »
God help us if these guys play well on sunday, you will never hear the end of it and the devoted fan will come out and say there is nothing wrong with the team as it is.  ::)
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 12:17:57 PM »
Ox - kind sentiments but not warranted.

They are over the hill and we are a complete shambles in even naming them.

Danny Frawley deserves everything that's coming to him come year end and I for one won't feel an ounce of sympathy for him.

He knows he is going down and it appears he is doing all he can to play his mates at the detriment of the development of the club.  For that I hope he never gets another gig elsewhere and rots at his farm.

Lmaoo @ me having mixed emotions regarding playing the duds and wanting to lose in order to get draft picks and me wanting kids coming through and being competitive and to win.  This club has given me a split personality disorder.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Ox

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 12:34:48 PM »
Wont it be a comedy festival if they do play well Punt !
LMAO@All those things being said.

Harry,totally share your personality disordercand also blame the club ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 12:49:31 PM »
Coburg Tigers v Frankston
at Coburg City Oval, Saturday 1.10pm (ABC TV)

Coburg Tigers:

B: Rayson, Zantuck, Hartigan.
HB: Moore, Weller, Carlson.
C: Roach, Fletcher, Talbot.
HF: Houlihan, Morrison, Hilton.
F: Blumfield, Rogers, Pettifer.
R: Dragicevic, Tuck, Marsh.

Inter from: Foley, Raines, Kuret, Pagan, Jackson, Gilmour, Jorgenson, Roberts, Maggiore, McDonald, Carlyle, Young.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9805908%255E19895,00.html

This is the listed Couburg team in today's (Fridays) H/Sun. Make you wonder who's going to play seniors on Sunday.

Good news is we will know on Saturday afternoon  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 12:49:51 PM »
Ox,

Do we have a case for emotional and mental damage from the club.

Maybe we can ask our resident legal representative JohnF.

JohnF in the court room - "Your honour, my clients have endured endless years of mental anguish and torture at the hands of the accused - the RFC.  Prior to their serious involvement and attachment to the accused, my clients were decent, loving law abiding citizens.  Now, your honor, hey have become mentally deranged, forsaken, and need 24 hour supervision.  It is clearly more than just a mere coincidence, your honour.  It is clearly a case of direct corelation betwen the stupid, irresponsible, and bemusing actions of the accused and the mental deterioration of my clients."

Ox

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2004, 01:18:36 PM »
Rollin Harry. ;D ;D

Mate, we have enough evidence to take out a class action against the the whole AFL.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2004, 01:28:55 PM »
Greg Hutchison on the radio this morning said Duncan was a certainity to play. KB asked him if the 4 named inclusions were to add some hardness to the side to which Greg replied that they were included to add "experience" to help out the youngsters.

Notice Hilton, Pettifer and Hartigan are named in the Coburg line-up above. How Chaffey's "form" this year is still being "rewarded" 12 weeks into the season is mindboggling. Mind you the past few weeks he has some mates in that department.  :-\.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2004, 01:40:37 PM »
Jackson is listed on the bench.  Wonder if he is gonna play ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2004, 01:58:44 PM »
Greg Hutchison on the radio this morning said Duncan was a certainity to play. KB asked him if the 4 named inclusions were to add some hardness to the side to which Greg replied that they were included to add "experience" to help out the youngsters.

Notice Hilton, Pettifer and Hartigan are named in the Coburg line-up above. How Chaffey's "form" this year is still being "rewarded" 12 weeks into the season is mindboggling. Mind you the past few weeks he has some mates in that department.  :-\.

How can it be "helping" these youngster watching under- performing "experienced" senior players getting games week after week at the said youngsters expense?

Seriously, if they want "hardness" they shouldn't drop Hartigan. Despite having spent most of the last few weeks on the bench - "hardness at the footy" is one thing this kid has - never takes a backward step.

Perhaps it is a conspiracy? Maybe the thought of the kid gettng a "Rising Star" nomination is too much for the Club to bear :o
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »
Don't ask me WP how it helps our young players when they'll be regularly seeing on Sunday helicopter kicks and hot-potato handgrenade handballs from these senior blokes. Hey I only watch the team each and every week  :P.

Don't believe it's a conspiracy. At least a conspiracy would mean they have a plan. I think we can definitely count that out just based on that. The lights are on in the coaches committee room but nobody's home! You've just got to feel for our young players the way most are yo-yoed when it comes to team selections. How they're meant to develop into top footballers screwed around like that god only knows  :'(

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2004, 04:20:37 PM »
My sournces tell me that Richo felt a "twinge" in his hamstring and is being rested this weekend.
Looks like an uphill battle from here!

Ox

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2004, 05:16:57 PM »
You're right WP,It's a poor,poor decision to play DK and Rodgered over young Hartigan.
Purely a decision made by a fool for a fool and as such is only further exposing
the stupidity of our coach and coaches.

These guys should never be allowed to work at pro level ever again.
The shame they have brought on our club is symbolic of their lack of knowledge
and IQ in general.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2004, 05:33:22 PM »
The lights are on in the coaches committee room but nobody's home! You've just got to feel for our young players the way most are yo-yoed when it comes to team selections. How they're meant to develop into top footballers screwed around like that god only knows  :'(

It's almost at the point where you'd consider going to watch Coburg over Richmond.

I'm not even gonna attempt to try and work out what they're doing. :P >:( ::)  If you can work it out MT, feel free to let the rest of us know.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2004, 05:52:12 PM »
In so far as playing full games and being in a winning environment counts for anything, I suppose its good that the young blokes are kept away from the seniors.  Then again, having the youngsters around the likes of Adam Houlihan and Billy Nicholls isn't any better.

lmfaooooo@being damned if we do and damned if we don't.

lmfaooooooo@our split personalities being in full effect, with Richmond supporters taking Richmond to court in a class action, winning the class action and sending the RFC bankrupt, and then the Richmond supporters rattling tins to keep the RFC afloat, then taking out another class action, suing the club again, the club going under, the supporters rattling tins again etc.

lmfaoooooo@battered Richmond supporter syndrome.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Duncan and Blumfield in - Rory out
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 04:42:01 AM »
By Dan Oakes, David Reed
realfooty.theage.com.au
June 12, 2004

Frawley is banking on experience to get a more consistent four-quarter performance against the Dockers tomorrow, welcoming the return of former Essendon premiership player Justin Blumfield and club stalwart Duncan Kellaway.

"Those guys were always going to play when they were right to play and this week was the perfect opportunity to bring them back in," Frawley said.

Blumfield and Kellaway have not played this season.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/11/1086749893703.html