Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 173941 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #780 on: August 04, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
There is a lot of pressure going from Dusty understudy to leading role and weight of expectation, appreciate his loyalty, has probably stayed for unders.

Everyone knocking him on here really p’s me off.
Please don’t come back with he is on the field and leaves himself open to criticism which he should be able to deal with.

If you have played top level sport under pressure and the expectations of a club on your shoulders I would like to see how you keyboard criticisers would cope.

Cut him some slack, he is only young, had stuck fat, he may be playing with an injury, just be patient and grateful and leave your frustration in your mind and not in public forums.

Jeeeeeezu fair go.

Cmon mate this is a forum. I don’t like it when some posters go out of their way to pick on and take pot shots at players but if a player has a bad game or is in a poor run of form I think it’s fair enough to bring it up to initiate a discussion. As long as you just as quickly comment when they have a good game or are in great form I don’t see the issue.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #781 on: August 05, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
RE-SIGNED!!!!!!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: August 05, 2021, 11:58:40 AM »
There is a lot of pressure going from Dusty understudy to leading role and weight of expectation, appreciate his loyalty, has probably stayed for unders.

Everyone knocking him on here really p’s me off.
Please don’t come back with he is on the field and leaves himself open to criticism which he should be able to deal with.

If you have played top level sport under pressure and the expectations of a club on your shoulders I would like to see how you keyboard criticisers would cope.

Cut him some slack, he is only young, had stuck fat, he may be playing with an injury, just be patient and grateful and leave your frustration in your mind and not in public forums.

Jeeeeeezu fair go.

Cmon mate this is a forum. I don’t like it when some posters go out of their way to pick on and take pot shots at players but if a player has a bad game or is in a poor run of form I think it’s fair enough to bring it up to initiate a discussion. As long as you just as quickly comment when they have a good game or are in great form I don’t see the issue.

I think the scrutiny is fair given Carr's track record for delaying contracts to extract value.

But the criticism is also to be tempered given his age and the lack of Dusty etc.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shai Bolton re-signs for two more year [update]
« Reply #783 on: August 05, 2021, 02:37:52 PM »
‘I just love it at the place’: Bolton a Tiger for two more years

By Celie Hay
The Age
August 5, 2021 — 2.01pm

Richmond’s strong Indigenous culture has influenced Shai Bolton’s decision to recommit the club, where he will play until the end of 2023.

The lively midfielder has been a critical part of Richmond’s recent success, including a breakout year in 2020 when he finished fourth in the club’s best and fairest.

The 22-year-old said the “brotherhood” at Richmond and how the club embraced the Indigenous players motivated him to stay at Punt Road.

“I am happy to be at Tigerland. I have been so excited to be staying here (because) I love all the boys here,” Bolton said.

“We have got a very good Indigenous culture at Richmond as well, and I think it is getting even better. I just love it at the place.”

Richmond selected Bolton with pick 29 in the 2016 national draft and the West Australian has gone on to play 64 games across five seasons.

As the Tigers fight for a position in the top eight, coach Damien Hardwick said it was exciting for the club’s future to have young talent commit.

“It’s very exciting. He is a prestigious talent, as we know, and it’s great he’s committed to the club for the following years,” Hardwick said.

“He is a really exciting player and he is really, really young so we’re really excited about what he is now but more importantly, we’re very excited about what he can become.

“He has really started to come to his own and he’s a matchwinner by his own right but more importantly he makes us better by playing and by having him on the field.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/i-just-love-it-at-the-place-bolton-a-tiger-for-two-more-years-20210805-p58g5o.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #784 on: August 05, 2021, 02:47:17 PM »
Shai Bolton commits to Richmond
Dual premiership-winning youngster Shai Bolton has re-signed with Richmond for a further two years.

“The playing group in general, we all have a brotherhood,” Bolton explained.

“We take football seriously, but it is kind of a different thing at Richmond, where we have a tight group and have fun with each other.

“We make football fun and that is why I like it at Richmond.”

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley said the Club was delighted to extend Bolton’s contract.

“Shai has thrived in our football program since first arriving from Western Australia late in 2016.

“He has worked really hard to improve his game, which he has taken to another level this season, and shown attributes that we rate really highly in the way we want to play.

“Shai’s signing is really exciting news for the club and we are looking forward to seeing him continue to grow across the next two seasons and beyond.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/993857/shai-bolton-commits-to-richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: August 05, 2021, 07:01:54 PM »
Bolton's interview on 7news.

@Richmond_FC star Shai Bolton has revealed to Seven why he’s repaid the faith to Richmond. @TomBrowne7 #7NEWS #7AFL

Watch: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1423204492703518722

Tom Browne claims Ralph Carr told him that Bolton rejected million dollar offers to accept a $700k p.a. contract to remain at Richmond.

Bolton said he loved Richmond. Credited Dusty as his mentor (Dusty's on a fruit diet btw) and the strong indigenous presence at the Club.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #786 on: August 05, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »
Gone up 100k from yesterday.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: August 05, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »
Paul Hasleby: Why I’m glad Fremantle Dockers miss out on Richmond Tigers star Shai Bolton

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/paul-hasleby-why-fremantle-dockers-shouldnt-cry-over-missing-out-on-richmond-tigers-shai-bolton-c-3593727

Hmmm ... didn't say this before today's announcement  :whistle.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #788 on: August 10, 2021, 11:01:05 PM »
AFL360 showed the vision of Bolton getting frustrated on the weekend by North's Kayne Turner's tag and giving away back-to-back 50m with off the ball indiscretions. 

Nick Riewoldt said Shai needs to learn to break a tag if he wants to go to the next level. It's obviously harder for him now with Dusty out as Shai is the one who now gets the attention from the opposition. If Bolton wants to be tagged every week then keeping doing the above as every coach will see that and look to get under Shai's skin so he'll become undisciplined and give away frees.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shai Bolton is on the cusp of a 5 goal game: David King (AFL360)
« Reply #789 on: August 12, 2021, 05:06:16 AM »
David King says Shai Bolton is on the cusp of a five-goal game 👀🔥

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1425404056965566466

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #790 on: August 26, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #791 on: September 08, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »
Richmond national recruiting manager Matthew Clarke revealed the back story to the Club’s recruitment five years ago of Shai Bolton.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1014349/how-the-tigers-landed-shai-bolton

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #792 on: October 06, 2021, 05:40:36 PM »
"The big one for me at Collingwood was Shai Bolton. We were determined as a group to get a small forward...we had him rated between ten and twelve in the draft, and our pick was 30. Richmond had pick 29, and they called out Shai Bolton. Gee we were flat."

- Matt Rendell

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1445637840906326020

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: October 06, 2021, 06:50:50 PM »
And he's got two flags ya flogs

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #794 on: October 10, 2021, 07:44:04 PM »
The Next Generation of explosive onballers who also hit the scoreboard:

High-flying Shai Bolton (19.7d, 3.6cl, 1.2g) keeps improving as a front-half hybrid at the Tigers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/683584/dusty-trac-bont-whos-next-the-stats-that-make-a-superstar