Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 917120 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »

is Graham Polak training???

Apparently (I'll let you know the exact source if you PM me) Polak can not see below his knees and has no peripheral vision. He needs help to work a treadmill and has no chance of ever playing again. The club has kept Graham on the list for welfare and moral issues only.

Stripes

Really Stripes, can't say I am too surprised though.

Best of luck too Polly and as long as he is happy that is the main thing.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »

Apparently (I'll let you know the exact source if you PM me) Polak can not see below his knees and has no peripheral vision. He needs help to work a treadmill and has no chance of ever playing again. The club has kept Graham on the list for welfare and moral issues only.

Stripes

Really Stripes, can't say I am too surprised though.

Best of luck too Polly and as long as he is happy that is the main thing.

Sad though isn't it. I was hoping against hope he would return.

Stripes

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1412 on: December 09, 2008, 09:50:35 AM »

Stripes

Thanks for the update. Very sad.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1413 on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
On a lighter note.

Can anyone confirm or deny that there is an intra-club practise match planned for tomorrow ?
It's is supposedly going to be held at Coburg.

If so. What time ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1414 on: December 09, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »
On a lighter note.

Can anyone confirm or deny that there is an intra-club practise match planned for tomorrow ?
It's is supposedly going to be held at Coburg.

If so. What time ?
If so then it's likely the majority of our senior list won't be there as they are training elsewhere tomorrow morning.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1415 on: December 09, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

Stripes
I find it hard to believe that we'd let him participate in training drills if that was the case

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1416 on: December 09, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »

Stripes
I find it hard to believe that we'd let him participate in training drills if that was the case
All I know is Polly gets tired and when he does they pull him off the track. We've also be told he is dropping marks for someone whose marking was a strength before the accident.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1417 on: December 09, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »
Isn't it training drills with no contact that he is participating in?

If he is at training due to welfare and morale for his well being then surely he has to be allowed to participate.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1418 on: December 09, 2008, 10:43:45 PM »
Just read on another site that Tambling does have OP and Rance and Cotchin have slight achillies strains. Really peeed for Tambling, can't believe this kids bad luck.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1419 on: December 10, 2008, 09:35:26 AM »
Thanks for the training report MT, it gave me my off-season footy fix!

Re Richies osteitis pubis, it's a treatable condition and he has a couple of months to get it right so its not all doom and gloom.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1420 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »
Re Richies osteitis pubis, it's a treatable condition and he has a couple of months to get it right so its not all doom and gloom.

But he'll miss a shedload of pre-season training which puts him behind the 8ball in what shapes as a key season for him.
Bad luck indeed.

richmondrules

« Reply #1421 on: December 10, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Will certainly open the door for one of the other Mids/HBFers. With Thomson and Hislop coming on board and others like Collins and Raines in the wings it could be hard for Richie to hold his place. Look what happened to Pettifer. Dropped and Morton took his place, Petts found it impossible to regain the position. Possession is 9/10th of the law they say. If Richie misses a few matches to injury or doesn't start the season in the firsts, unless he's obviously a level above one of the other players, he could be stuck in the twos for a wee while.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1422 on: December 10, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
Have to agree with you RROFO. This is going to be a very competitive year for spots with so many good players pushing up at once. Bad timing for Richie. I was hoping he would have his breakout season this year but without a pre-season he may be struggling.

Stripes

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1423 on: December 10, 2008, 12:46:49 PM »
is there any confirmation that he ACTUALLY has OP?? i mean...all the talk have come from people who say they hear things when they go to training.  that doesn't mean jack all.

last year people started rumours that foley had OP half way through the season, which turned out to be false.  i think alot of people just start guessing when they dont' see a certain player at training or in the rehab group.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1424 on: December 10, 2008, 04:06:11 PM »

Stripes

Stripes, not sure who your source is but please tell me it's not this joker.

Everyone is an expert these days and if the Polak thing isn't true then it disheartens me to think of the possible implications that can be caused by someone who spends there time surfing the internet to only plagiarise posts ( factial or not ! ) and make there own.

Follow the link to read the thoughts ( other peoples ) of a  true D!(K Head.
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/blog/2008/12/09/suns-out-guns-out/