Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915692 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1545 on: January 16, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
This is the reason so many of us come to this site.  Keep up the reports and good work MT, is brings us that cant get anywhere near training so much insite.

:clapping

Your profile picture also gets the fans flocking to the site Fluffy!  :lol

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1546 on: January 16, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
This is the reason so many of us come to this site.  Keep up the reports and good work MT, is brings us that cant get anywhere near training so much insite.

That and you avatar  :lol whatever her name is!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1547 on: January 17, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »

That and you avatar  :lol whatever her name is!!!

Oh does she have a name? I have never given that any thought. Might run a thread to name her  :lol
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1548 on: January 17, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »
Someone I know who watches training wondered who's the poster with "that" avatar. Apparently he was reading one of your posts Fluffy when his wife walked in and he had a bit of quick explaining to do to convince her this was a Richmond forum  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1549 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
The 40 degree heat meant not many players ventured outdoors today to train.

http://richmondpickings.blogspot.com/2009/01/back-on-track-pettifer-trains-with-some.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1550 on: January 20, 2009, 03:28:55 PM »
The Wednesday training session time has been removed from the RFC site

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2008/TrainingTimes/tabid/8765/default.aspx

richmondrules

« Reply #1551 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
The 40 degree heat meant not many players ventured outdoors today to train.

http://richmondpickings.blogspot.com/2009/01/back-on-track-pettifer-trains-with-some.html

Nice find One-Eyed. Thanks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1552 on: January 20, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
They showed Cogs at training on TEN news. Sheesh the Punt Rd surface looked awful. More brown grass than green.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1553 on: January 20, 2009, 08:26:08 PM »
So was it a closed session???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1554 on: January 21, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »
So was it a closed session???
It's today but yeah WA it possibly means a closed session.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1555 on: January 21, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
Training today was at a warm Trevor Barker Oval in Sandringham. It's a good place to watch training and Cambo said it's one of the best training grounds. Until Craigieburn comes online we are still moving around here, there and everywhere. It's handy training by the beach as after training finished they all headed down for a 10 minute dip in Port Phillip Bay. They all got into their togs in the changerooms at the oval before walking down to the beach (Julz and Moi would've been in heaven). Well not all as Richo came out in these beige boxer shorts (not a good look  :lol) and even posed for photos with a couple of fans in them  :wallywink. Anyway back to training ...

In rehab was Cotch who again didn't hang around long again. I asked Jade Rawlings about him and Jade said Cotch is doing fine. He's just not training on Wednesday's yet but will be back in two weeks. We also asked a trainer about Cotch and he said 3 weeks  :-\.

Also in rehab were Connors, Polak, McGuane, Thomson.

Browny didn't do much except goalkicking.

The rucks mostly did their own thing. Simmo and Gus were doing marking duels when I arrived. The comic relief moment of the day was when Gus slipped over and then Simmo thinking here is the easiest of marks slipped over too about a second later and the ball went over the both them  :wallywink.

The first drill I saw was a tackling drill. Everyone was wearing those padded puffy tops and they would get in rows facing each other with one player with the ball and the other player facing opposite had to charge in and tackle. They were told by one of the assistant coaches it doesn't matter if you miss I just want you to go in hard and fast. Most of the tackles stuck btw. I overheard a coach tell Cleve that he needed to go in harder.

After a drinks break, for the next drill the squad split into three equally sized groups in the shape of a triangle about 30m apart for a handball/handball receive drill. The main point to it was to run in 3s or 4s into a group of defenders in the middle of the triangle and the attacking team to attract the defenders towards them and then dish of a teammate free in space. Cambo congratulated them on both the standard of handballs and defensive efforts especially from Blingers who was able to close down attackers a few times. The last go at the drill got a bit sloppy though. Cousins make these peripheral visions and footy smart drills look simple. He always has time to spot and execute clean disposal. Mind you the natural footballers in the squad like Jack, Morton and Moore also do well. I'll also add there was plenty of noise from a verry vocal group which was good to hear and see.

Next up was a similar drill but they spread out further to three groups 40m apart and introduced kicking and they took away a number of the defenders in the midde.

Before finishing up they seemed to discuss some tactical ploys in a on-ground lecture. I kept an eye on the group closest to us where Cambo along with Wallace were instructing the mids and smalls defenders on where to be and run to in various scenarios. As part of this they also had Hughes at FF near the goalsquare with Silvester on him plus Jack at CHF (Sarge on him) and Morton up high (Rainesy on him). Rainesy was asked to push up then drop back and in each case Cambo would be advising all the mids (inside, outside and taggers) on what they wanted from them. They started on the 50 then Cambo and Wallace moved the mids up to the wing for more on-field tactical instructions. While this was going on David King had a few of taller defenders with him going through things verbally.

That's what I can remember for now. Any questions just fire away.

Photos to come. Cheers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1556 on: January 21, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »
I forgot to add that JON said he had a shoulder reco after last season as we know and although it is still a touch sore it's all good and he can train fully with it.

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1557 on: January 21, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
How is Cleve looking MT? Is he going to be our FF on a long term basis? Have always thought that once his body matured, he would be the one to target and finish for us up forward. Looks a real classy player when he gets the footy and also seems to time his leads well. Has good hands as well, and as we all know, he is a good finisher.

The midfield that is being built will kick it down his throat IMHO, just a matter of him being capable enough. With Jack and others like Mitch Morton up there as well, our forward line is looking pretty good, but Cleve has to fire!!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1558 on: January 21, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »
Great stuff MT, yet again, thanks for the info on Cotch it would be nice to ge a straight answer though wouldnt it?? What about McGuane, Thompson and Connors are they far off and do we know their injuries? I realise Connors has ankle issues but how far off is he?

Cheers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1559 on: January 21, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
tf1961 - with Cleve I'm waiting to see him in a scratch match or intra club game. He's doing all the work at training  and training well in the main so it's hard to critique if he has improved when it comes to actual games.  He definitely has the size now to be a key forward so there's no excuses there. He needs the mental toughness and overall fitness to commit to second and third efforts if he wants to be an AFL player. He got told off once today by Terry to go in harder in the tackling drill. Unfortunately it's hard to give you a proper answer without seeing Cleve under game pressure and scenarios.

WAT - yep it would be great to have a definitive return date for Cotch. I'm hoping this isn't one of these "1-2 week" injuries that last for ages  :-\. As for Connors he was still limping and wasn't wearing any footwear (ankle only tapped) so he might still be a couple of weeks away. I'm not sure what's wrong with Thommo. He went off midway through training last week but there was no obvious sign of any injury when he walked past. Lukey I don't either. I'm guessing he may have been give a rest today as he looked fine to me.