Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915011 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1560 on: January 21, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
Great stuff MT, cheers mate.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1561 on: January 22, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »
The pics didn't turn out so good so this is the best of an ordinary lot.

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Jordie, Joel, Rance and co. // The Squad

Whitey with the moves // David King with the defenders in the backgound

Distant shot of Cambo with the midfield group

richmondrules

« Reply #1562 on: January 22, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
lol. In the second shot it looks like possibly King wearing Gourdis' 33 jumper.

Looks like a dress on him. lol.  ;D

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1563 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
tf1961 - with Cleve I'm waiting to see him in a scratch match or intra club game. He's doing all the work at training  and training well in the main so it's hard to critique if he has improved when it comes to actual games.  He definitely has the size now to be a key forward so there's no excuses there. He needs the mental toughness and overall fitness to commit to second and third efforts if he wants to be an AFL player. He got told off once today by Terry to go in harder in the tackling drill. Unfortunately it's hard to give you a proper answer without seeing Cleve under game pressure and scenarios.

Thanks MT- appreciate your reply and can understand where you are coming from. I just have a really good feeling about Cleve being our next FF, he will make it IMO

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1564 on: January 22, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
Brilliant report and photos as always Mighty one. :)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1565 on: January 22, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
Good on you OE, great photo's and thanks.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1566 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
tf1961 - with Cleve I'm waiting to see him in a scratch match or intra club game. He's doing all the work at training  and training well in the main so it's hard to critique if he has improved when it comes to actual games.  He definitely has the size now to be a key forward so there's no excuses there. He needs the mental toughness and overall fitness to commit to second and third efforts if he wants to be an AFL player. He got told off once today by Terry to go in harder in the tackling drill. Unfortunately it's hard to give you a proper answer without seeing Cleve under game pressure and scenarios.

Thanks MT- appreciate your reply and can understand where you are coming from. I just have a really good feeling about Cleve being our next FF, he will make it IMO
Let's hope so tf1961 for our and Cleve's sake. He has a lot of critics amongst our supporters who see him as soft and lacking intensity. As a tall he's just turned 22 and from the 3rd pic we can see he's got the size now so I'm willing to persevere with him but he needs to start showing he can stay in the game even when the goals aren't flowing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1567 on: January 22, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »
thank you MT ...

just some questions ...

1) this may seem like a silly question, but does any player talk to Ben Cousins, encourage him, have a laugh etc with him? all the pictures i have seen in this thread, Cousins seems to not be near anyone when walking off? if not, which player(s) talk to Cousins the most?

2) Mitch Morton completing all sessions?

3) does Nathan Brown seem slower?

4) has Jordan McMahon put on weight?

5) is Coughlan finishing high in the group running the sprints?

6) is it "OK" to go down to training and film Richmond training?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1568 on: January 23, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »
Let's hope so tf1961 for our and Cleve's sake. He has a lot of critics amongst our supporters who see him as soft and lacking intensity. As a tall he's just turned 22 and from the 3rd pic we can see he's got the size now so I'm willing to persevere with him but he needs to start showing he can stay in the game even when the goals aren't flowing.

One of his biggest critics is right here.
Cleve needs to extract the digit massively if he's to make it.

I get the feeling Terry knows Cleve's game & is on his case.
No favours. No walk up starts. Go and work your arse off or you are outta here. 8)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1569 on: January 23, 2009, 12:59:49 AM »
1) this may seem like a silly question, but does any player talk to Ben Cousins, encourage him, have a laugh etc with him? all the pictures i have seen in this thread, Cousins seems to not be near anyone when walking off? if not, which player(s) talk to Cousins the most?
Nah not a silly question. There is hand slapping after each drill with Cuz but he does seem more focussed on his training without being buddy buddy with everyone. I'd give him some slack. We don't see what goes behind closed doors (the players say he's now one of the boys) and he's only been at the Club for just over a month with a young list that he wouldn't know. 18 months ago when Cuz last played consistently many of our young guys now in our 22 were still at Coburg. He'd be familiar with the older guys and Morton but that's about it. Also he's been on a modified training program where early on he was training separately with the first year newbies who themselves would be shy around a Ben Cousins. I think we need to wait a few months and playing some matches together before he becomes truly comfortable at Richmond. He's told fans one-on-one he is enjoying his time here.

2) Mitch Morton completing all sessions?
Mitch missed a couple of sessions a week or so ago with some niggle but now he's back into full training again.

3) does Nathan Brown seem slower?
I wouldn't say slower than last year but he is slower than when he was in his mid 20s. He is getting older. He still has the footy smarts though to create time and space that isn't there.

4) has Jordan McMahon put on weight?
;D  Next!

5) is Coughlan finishing high in the group running the sprints?
I wouldn't say high up as in top 3 but he's not at the back either.

6) is it "OK" to go down to training and film Richmond training?
I wouldn't try it unless you want Tyrone's dad who is our boxing coach to throw you out thinking you're a spy  :lol. You may get away with a 10sec clip using a mobilephone or plain digital camera but that's about it. You could always pretend to be part of the media pack if you're game enough but then the media guys know each other as well as the coaches so they'd blow your cover.

richmondrules

« Reply #1570 on: January 23, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
Nah not a silly question. There is hand slapping after each drill with Cuz but he does seem more focussed on his training without being buddy buddy with everyone. I'd give him some slack. We don't see what goes behind closed doors (the players say he's now one of the boys) and he's only been at the Club for just over a month with a young list that he wouldn't know. 18 months ago when Cuz last played consistently many of our young guys now in our 22 were still at Coburg. He'd be familiar with the older guys and Morton but that's about it. Also he's been on a modified training program where early on he was training separately with the first year newbies who themselves would be shy around a Ben Cousins. I think we need to wait a few months and playing some matches together before he becomes truly comfortable at Richmond. He's told fans one-on-one he is enjoying his time here.

Think we also need to remember what a huge year this is for him personally. There would be a lot of stress to go along with managing more pressure than probably any other AFL footballer has ever had to manage before.

Can anyone think of another situation or player that has had so many different angles and areas of intrigue associated with him? I cant.

He's got to deal with his addiction. Up to three drug tests every week. Media speculation. His past history with underworld types. Some very public mistakes he has made. The tall poppy syndrome. Huge expectations from fans. His possibly suspect body (hamstring history). The fact that he has turn 30 and is not getting any younger. The fact he is in a new town. Making new friends. Being away from football for over a year. The fact that this is his absolutely last chance.

I am not surprised if he is taking the training very seriously and may not seem to be quite as chummy with the guys as some of the others. The training and the football after all is what he wants to do and what he enjoys, he would not want to make a mistake now.

We laugh about the media crap and we have our thread where we make up funny and seemingly ridiculous articles about Cuz and the Burly Man. Funny for us but this is his reality. He makes one false move and it's plastered all over the front page. Facts exaggerated, associations made with very loose ties to reality.

This is a HUGE deal for him and will probably define a fair bit of the rest of his life. Stuff this up and his life changes dramatically for the worse, get it right and a lot of doors open for him.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1571 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »
Great post RROFO!

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1572 on: January 23, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »
Great post RROFO!

Hey what happened to your signature sign off Stripes???  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1573 on: January 23, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
Indeed that is a very insightful most there RROFO.
Plenty on Cuz's plate.

I hope he's getting a lot of support from the club to help him deal with what's going through his head.
No doubt Bond & Livingstone will be well involved with him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1574 on: January 23, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »
Can anyone think of another situation or player that has had so many different angles and areas of intrigue associated with him? I cant.
Top post RROFO.

Probably Carey was the only one else who had his own circus.