Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906061 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1575 on: January 24, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
Can anyone think of another situation or player that has had so many different angles and areas of intrigue associated with him? I cant.
Top post RROFO.

Probably Carey was the only one else who had his own circus.  

still has a circus its just that its left town,  with his nut job of a girlfriend

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1576 on: January 24, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
Great post RROFO!

Hey what happened to your signature sign off Stripes???  ;D

I don't tend to use it for short posts. Just out of interest Gracie are you a boy or a girl???  ;D

richmondrules

« Reply #1577 on: January 24, 2009, 05:43:24 PM »
Great post RROFO!

I don't tend to use it for short posts. Just out of interest Gracie are you a boy or a girl???  ;D

lol. All is not as it seems. You didn't see anything ...  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1578 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »
Good luck to the boys training in 40+ degree heat all week  :P.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1579 on: January 27, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »
Great post RROFO!

You know perfectly well FTS

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1580 on: January 27, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »

Sorry Gracie just couldn't help myself.  ;) I don't tend to post as much on Y&B now days because it has now been blocked by the organisation I work for. Must be Pies supporters!  ;D

Stripes/FTS  ???

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:12:04 PM by Stripes »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1581 on: January 28, 2009, 03:15:20 AM »
ohhhBigMalcho on BF has a report on yesterday's training:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13543117&postcount=122

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1582 on: January 30, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »
2009 Training Times
The following Richmond training sessions will be open to the public during the month of February.

Tuesday February 3
9am
Victoria Park

Wednesday February 11
11am
Victoria Park

Thursday February 19
11am
Victoria Park

Tuesday February 24
11am
Victoria Park

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2009/TrainingTimes/tabid/8765/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1583 on: February 03, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »
Training today was an early start (9am) at Vic Park. More milder temperatures than compared to last week's scorchers although it still got hot when the sun was fully out. The session went for just under 2 hours.

The only media was a photographer taking snaps from the stands until a helicopter turned up and kept doing laps of Vic Park in the air for about 10 minutes. Someone must have forgotten to tell them it was an open session lol. About 20-30 fans turned up to watch.

In the rehab group were:
Petts and Sugar who did some laps. Sugar apparently hurt himself at training on Monday and had a bandage around his knee.
Cotch once again did hardly anything. A couple of laps plus some ball-handling and that's about it. He has no strapping around the achillies so he looks fine but he's just not training.
No sign of Tambo or Thursty today. I don't remember JON either but I'll have to check the photos to be sure.

Training itself began with a warm-up kick to kick before they got into the first drill which was a standard pick up a rolling ball along the ground, handball off and then run to the next mark where you then mark and footpass to a teammate.

The next drill was about quick running and movement of footy from one end of Vic Park to the other. Each player had to start at one end of the ground with the footy and then footpass to a teammate who in turn would pass it to someone else inside the centre square. By the time this 3rd guy gained possession the first player would have had to sprint towards him in readiness for the handball receive and then footpass it off again to someone at the opposite end of the ground and then they would repeat the process the other way and have two footys going at once in each direction. This drill seemed made for the upcoming game on the spacious Subiaco Oval. Fairly cleanly done although Jack had a case of the fumbles until he warmed up.

Next up was some match simulation. The main squad was split into 3 groups - 2 groups of forwards/backs at either end of the ground plus the rucks/mids in the centre with one 'team' in white jumpers and the other in blue singlets.
They would continually swap jumpers and singlets to mix the match-ups up but in the group closest to the Sherrin Stand we had the following match-ups:

HF:     Riewoldt up high @ CHF / Polak             Hislop
          Moore/Schulz/McGuane                        Rainesy

F:  Morton                    Post/Gourdis/Hughes         Nahas
     McGuane/Bowden     Silvester/Schulz/Moore     King/Rainesy

It was really great seeing Polly involved in contact work although he never copped any heavy stuff. Most of the forward/defender work was more one-on-one with the forward leading up or out wide to mark the footy.

In the centre we had the rucks Simmo, Gus, Patto and Vickery from what we could see tap it out to various combinations of match-ups out of midfielders Jacko, Foley, Tuck, Lids, Cuz, Cogs, Whitey, Browny. It was a bit of a heart in mouth moment when Cuz was tackled awkwardly around the upper legs/hips while he was kicking the footy at full stretch but he was fine and he got the next clearance from the next ball-up. Whitey, Tucky, Foley and Cogs looked good. Richo of course is now part of the midfield group these days  :thumbsup.

In the main the skills were fairly clean although there were some grubbers. I was told by a friend that in their first scratch match 2 weeks ago the skills were pretty same old ordinary but the scratch match last week was better. My only criticism today was we passed wide into the pockets a bit too much although Morton especially, Nahas and Hislop made the most of it getting their hands on the footy and kicking goals. Gus was putting one hand on the bag in the ruck. He won't be able to do that against an opponent's shoulder or he'll give away free kicks.

After the match simulation it was time for tackling drills under McRae's instruction. They got into pairs and threes and focussed on both pinning both arms as well as pinning one arm and dragging the player to the ground.

And that was it. Whitey, Gus, Morton, Cleve, Browny, Cuz and a few others stayed out longer with David King having nearest to the pin pot shots from the boundary. Clever was also going through his normal goalkicking practice routine.

Photos hopefully to come. Cheers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1584 on: February 03, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »
Great stuff as usual MT.  Was Cuz getting heaps of it in the match simulation drill?  Did he stand out with his skills or were there others at his level?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1585 on: February 03, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
Yep fantastic reporting yet again MT, thanks mate. I have seen the Tiges train last year on the Subi oval and then go out and wallop the Eagles by 77 points. We play that ground very very well and the way we trained on it was the way we played it. We also beat the Dockers there by about 54 points so Subi holds no fear for us. If anything it suits us.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1586 on: February 03, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »
Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Cuz, Gourdis, Cleve, Lids and Jordie // Richo leads everyone to drinks

The boys line-up // Simmo tackling Gourdis

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1587 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »

It's a bit blurry because it's on the other side of the ground but it's pics of the midfield set-ups: Tuck, Thommo, Foley, Cuz, Jacko.

A pic of the spying helicopter // Lukey, Browny, Patto, Sarge, Jack and Cleve

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1588 on: February 03, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »

Warming down

Cuz weaving through // The backline (in the distance), forwards with Royal, and midfield groups.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1589 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
Well done OE, just one thing though, since Gogs has been coming back everyone has says how much body mass he has lost. Well I really didn't think he had, I actually thought the boys around him had just bulked up. Now have a look at that picture with Richo leading them off the ground for drinks. Cogs is behind tuck and his biceps are just as big as they have always been. IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"