Author Topic: I don't rate Menadue  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't rate Menadue
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
Love his attributes but not sure he's got the mentality to translate that on the field. Hasn't shown any of his "speed" in the AFL.

Ruanaidh

Re: I don't rate Menadue
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:35:06 AM »
As I stated once before expect him to go to the dogs at the end of this contract. Until and after then he will be a half decent VFL player and that will be his limit imo.
Blakely was ripe for the picking and we made another 2nd round blunder.

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:15:21 AM »
I rate him and reckon he'll play 12-15 games this season

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:50:57 AM »
Is a great lovely kick. I expect him to adapt to senior level footy and do reasonably well. Hopefully.  But needs more time.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
I like the kid but it seems people are going past him at a rate of nots.
The one thing he does have is elite pace which will keep him around for a few years to come but he needs to start adding other parts to his game otherwise he will be left behind.

Grigg has a wing at the moment but Menadue needs to make that his. He needs to find more of the footy to start with.

Hopefully with a more attacking game style that will suit him.
I'd like to think he could get to the level of Isaac Smith from Hawthorn. He runs up and down the wing all day with genuine speed and I hope Menadue can do the same.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Great post BT, you're on fire ATM.
Opportunity + Application = improved output.
In theory, his attributes should be above Griggs.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:13:47 PM »
Seriously the kid is a role player. B-grade max. Can only expect so much.

Would play him ahead of the likes of Hunt, Grigg etc.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »
People need to remember this kid was 20kg below ideal weight when drafted. Hes had two yrs and he suffered big time from that lack of size he still looks skinny but he is getting there.The bigger he gets the more confidence he will gain and his ability to compete will improve.
I liked this pick at the time because of the pace run and skills nice height just lacked a lot of size.He was not who i wanted was adamant we needed the big inside mid in Blakeley.

In fact first two rounds i wanted one of Durdin, Lever or Goddard and i leant toward Durdin but would have been happy with any of them. Second round well was all over Blakeley.
Was keen on Oscar Mcdonald with the next and was over the moon we actually took a tall with our next in McKenzie.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »
I like to kid a lot :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »
People need to remember this kid was 20kg below ideal weight when drafted. Hes had two yrs and he suffered big time from that lack of size he still looks skinny but he is getting there.The bigger he gets the more confidence he will gain and his ability to compete will improve.
I liked this pick at the time because of the pace run and skills nice height just lacked a lot of size.He was not who i wanted was adamant we needed the big inside mid in Blakeley.

In fact first two rounds i wanted one of Durdin, Lever or Goddard and i leant toward Durdin but would have been happy with any of them. Second round well was all over Blakeley.
Was keen on Oscar Mcdonald with the next and was over the moon we actually took a tall with our next in McKenzie.

I i cant argue with that
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »

I i cant argue with that
How are Durdin and Lever going?

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 09:47:12 PM »
Clearly Dimwit doesn't rate him either.....or Short.....or Chol.....or Markov.....or Miles. If your a second rate recycled hack though we'll that's right up his alley

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:39 PM »
Clearly Dimwit doesn't rate him either.....or Short.....or Chol.....or Markov.....or Miles. If your a second rate recycled hack though we'll that's right up his alley

Or C Ellis or Lennom
It's like we are flat out refusing to develop our own talent

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 09:56:54 PM »

Or C Ellis or Lennom
It's like we are flat out refusing to develop our own talent

Rinse and repeat from last year.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 09:57:39 PM »
Hmmm apart from Rioli who was given games not on form