Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 407097 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2010 on: August 01, 2022, 11:15:03 PM »
If this game and past month has taught me anything it’s that Lynch is our most important player by some margin.

Even when he’s having an avg game he’s still taking away the opposition teams best defender and often drawing multiple defenders away for our other fwds to benefit.

I can’t believe this was ever in doubt. I couldn’t believe the narrative that if he’s not kicking 10 goals a game he’s a liability and not worth the money. The guy is a jet and insanely important for structure. I think lynch‘sgoal tally is often a result of coaching (sometimes he’s a decoy?) and poor supply. His accuracy in general needs work for sure but sort that out and hopefully he can snag a coleman before he retires

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2011 on: August 02, 2022, 01:07:34 AM »
If this game and past month has taught me anything it’s that Lynch is our most important player by some margin.

Even when he’s having an avg game he’s still taking away the opposition teams best defender and often drawing multiple defenders away for our other fwds to benefit.

I can’t believe this was ever in doubt. I couldn’t believe the narrative that if he’s not kicking 10 goals a game he’s a liability and not worth the money. The guy is a jet and insanely important for structure. I think lynch‘sgoal tally is often a result of coaching (sometimes he’s a decoy?) and poor supply. His accuracy in general needs work for sure but sort that out and hopefully he can snag a coleman before he retires

I never bought into the over the top criticism he would get and the ‘he’s not earning his paycheque’ line that some would throw out. Can’t speak for everyone but personally while I knew he was an important player I don’t think I would have committed to him being clearly no.1. There was a strong case for nank as our no.1 ruck, Prestia carrying our midfield, cotch for his leadership, grimes holding down the defence after rance retired and dusty because he’s dusty. But yeah as I said the past month has shown just what a difference maker lynchy is to our team.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2012 on: August 02, 2022, 12:48:34 PM »
My mistake I misread. Probably from an individual player I might have to say for 2022 prestia is our most important player. Lynch would be very close second as his marking ability and competitiveness in the air flatter our forward entries at times.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2013 on: August 06, 2022, 05:03:11 AM »
Tom Lynch in 2022

43 goals

71 shots at goal

60.6% shot at goal accuracy

12 score assists

126 Inside 50 Targets

42.1%   retention rate

3.0   F50 Marks

39.4%  1v1 Win rate

https://www.afl.com.au/news/812924/what-a-steal-who-is-the-recruit-of-the-year-have-your-say

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2014 on: August 06, 2022, 09:28:41 AM »
From 15 games too including some with very minimal game minutes and a couple of shockers with the yips.

A good season and could have been a huge season but for some poor hammies and yips.

Has basically missed 6 games given he played about 8-9min vs GCS. Kicked 0.4 plus some OOTF vs the drug cheats. Could easily have been on 60-65 goals if his body was managed better thanks Burge or whoever.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2015 on: August 06, 2022, 10:41:09 PM »
Would be all Australian and maybe be a Coleman medalist if he played the full season. In ripping form and so so so important for us.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2016 on: August 06, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »
Really put them to the sword in the third when everyone else was missing. Put the game beyond them and killed their hope.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2017 on: August 09, 2022, 01:03:18 PM »
'Angry' Tiger dominating his rivals

Damian Barrett and Josh Gabelich

- Tigers spearhead Tom Lynch is having 'his most impactful season'

Listen here: https://omny.fm/shows/afl-daily/an-angry-tiger-is-dominating-plus-where-does-hinkl

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2018 on: August 12, 2022, 04:31:47 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column:

IF ...
the stats attached to Tom Lynch’s form are impressive enough (47 goals from 16 matches, and only Coleman Medal-leading Curnow has a better average) ...

THEN ...
his real impact in the Tigers' most unlikely of flag campaigns is not measurable by stats. Presence. He’s had a lot of it in a fine career for two clubs, but he’s never had more than in the past two matches (Port Adelaide and Brisbane).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/817641/if-patrick-dangerfield-was-a-car-then

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2019 on: August 14, 2022, 04:54:34 PM »
Best power forward in the league bar none  :bow

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2020 on: August 14, 2022, 05:06:53 PM »
He’s made me look silly this year. Been huge.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2021 on: August 14, 2022, 05:40:49 PM »
Imagine if he'd played all year. 70 goals you'd think

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2022 on: August 14, 2022, 07:48:56 PM »
All eight goals by Tiger Tom today:

WATCH: https://www.afl.com.au/video/822742/lynch-the-great-bags-career-best-eight

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lynch's career-best haul

Hawthorn couldn't find an answer for the Richmond linchpin, with coach Sam Mitchell trying James Blanck, Denver Grainger-Barras and Sicily on Lynch throughout the game without much success. Everything Lynch touched turned to gold, finishing with 13 score involvements. He kicked three by quarter-time, while he added another four in the third, despite Grainger-Barras upping the niggle on him. With a blowout margin, the crowd's attention turned to a 10-goal Lynch haul but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick played party pooper, benching the forward late.

Source: AFL website.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2023 on: August 14, 2022, 08:23:54 PM »
LYNCH-PIN FIRES INTO FORM

Good luck stopping Tom Lynch in September.

Injury has struck the 29-year-old at times throughout the season, but his form when out on the park has been mightily impressive.

He looked in imposing form from the opening bounce, licking his lips against a Hawthorn defence that - by design no less - had James Sicily playing further up the ground.

By half-time, Lynch had booted four goals and been the most imposing presence on the ground.

“Dominant is an understatement,” Cameron Mooney told Fox Footy at the main break.

“Four goals, 10 possessions and seven marks, a lot of those contested. That‘s a half of football that all forwards dream of.

“He‘s been really dominant from the word go. When he gets that run at it with that beautiful height and ability to jump and those great hands, he’s going to be really hard to stop.

“He‘s in absolute peak form.”

Mooney suggested the Hawks apply far more body pressure to Lynch in the second half and the Hawks did just that, but it was fruitless, such was the dominance Lynch was enjoying.

By the end of the match, Lynch had booted eight goals from his 18 disposals and 12 marks, including a goal assist and 13 score involvements.

Source: Foxsports.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2024 on: August 16, 2022, 05:19:59 PM »
"Is he the best contested mark in the comp?"

Why Tom Lynch looms as the biggest wildcard in this year's finals.

#9FootyClassified

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1559157033856897025