Author Topic: Winning over the next generation of kids  (Read 4270 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Winning over the next generation of kids
« on: June 21, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »
On KB and Doc Turf's show on SEN, they mentioned in passing, after a 7 year old Tiger fan rang in, that they are finding a lot of kids around that age being Tiger supporters nowdays.

Little bandwagoners!  :snidegrin

Seriously though, if that's true then that's great news for the future of the Club  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Winning over the next generation of kids
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »
Imagine if we go back to back .
Unleash the tornado

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
imagine.

and imagine the melts

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
worst back to back ever.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 01:59:29 PM »
yeah but..... we were supposed to have an off year like the buldogs

didnt gaddy lyon and his flog mates suggest the same

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:19 PM »
If we can deliver regular top 4 finishes over the next 10 years with a flag or two along the way, then we will be the biggest club in the comp
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »
If we can deliver regular top 4 finishes over the next 10 years with a flag or two along the way, then we will be the biggest club in the comp

Pretty sure being the reigning premiers, having the largest membership by a significant margin, having highest home attendance and overall attendance make us the biggest club in the comp....

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 06:01:02 PM »
Biggest club in the WORLD.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »
On KB and Doc Turf's show on SEN, they mentioned in passing, after a 7 year old Tiger fan rang in, that they are finding a lot of kids around that age being Tiger supporters nowdays.

Seriously though, if that's true then that's great news for the future of the Club  :thumbsup.

A mate of mine who is a mad Eagles supporter has an 8 year old son who is a mad Tigers supporter. The reason, not our 2017 premiership, but the fact that the kid loved Tigga out of the Winnie the Pooh books.

Have always thought that is an angle we should look to try and develop.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

A mate of mine who is a mad Eagles supporter has an 8 year old son who is a mad Tigers supporter. The reason, not our 2017 premiership, but the fact that the kid loved Tigga out of the Winnie the Pooh books.

I have a number of Tiger mates who 100% picked us cause they loved Tigers when they were kids.

I think Dad offering to take any of my mates to the footy with us may also have worked a charm  ;)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »

Pretty sure being the reigning premiers, having the largest membership by a significant margin, having highest home attendance and overall attendance make us the biggest club in the comp....

8 years ago that was Collingwood. To influence a generation we need to deliver  successful decade to embed them...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »

I have a number of Tiger mates who 100% picked us cause they loved Tigers when they were kids.

I think Dad offering to take any of my mates to the footy with us may also have worked a charm  ;)

100% that plays a role in atttacting young supporters. Was actually discussing this with my bombers supporting mate, surely they’ve lost out on a lot of kid members by not having an animal let alone a cool one like a tiger.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 09:54:24 AM »
There is a reason we are pushing 100,000 members.
There is a whole lot of 20 30 and even teens that were Richmond raised and it's just some unexplainable tribal thing, you stick and you stick fat.
Me and my mates kids are in thier mid 20s and have always been just as fantastical as us. As hard as that was sometimes for a young kid growing up, amazing mental fortitude and taught them some good lessons in life.And now they reap the rewards...

Offline Love The Game

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »
At our local Auskick, the kids there double the numbers of the next teams (Pies/Hawks).

From memory the only saints kid there swapped to Richmond 2 weeks ago. He is now in a full
tigers gear now.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
Dusty is huge in influencing kids to follow Richmond. They all do the "Dusty" as in the fend off.
He is priceless to us in more than one respect.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.