General > General Discussion

Caronavirus - COVID 19

<< < (2/172) > >>

Andyy:
Unfortunately there are a lot of businesses looking to make money off COVID-19 and the supermarkets are no different.

If they had an integrity they would have introduced more stringent restrictions on purchases and enforced a system that tracks home addresses to prevent people from the same household buying the same items.

Alas, they are just thrilled to be leaping over their sales targets....

Diocletian:
Yes blame the evil capitalists for a pandemic that started under a communist regime...meanwhile the left's main concern at the start of the outbreak was "racism".... :shh

mightytiges:
Slowing learning which supermarkets in my local area re-stock what at which times. Mostly if you're not at the supermarket at 8am (after the pensioners' hour) then good luck getting anything likes bread and spuds later in the day. As for pasta and toilet rolls forget it. There's nothing on the shelf even at 8am.

WilliamPowell:
Our local Coles have had nothing for days.

They usually stock shelves at 10pm. So Sunday night we ventured down around 10.30pm. Nothing, just disinfecting the shelves.

7am Monday, will nothing.

Called in this arvo on my way home, cleaned out again.  Spoke to one of the ladies who works there and she was saying they got yesterday's milk delivery at 3pm.  :o

She also said the elderly got looked after this morning which I'm pleased about

She went on to say they hope to start receiving normal deliveries of stock by the end of the week. They haven't been this week because the transport companies can't keep up with the demand

Diocletian:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version