Author Topic: Dynasty Rule Changes  (Read 1480 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Dynasty Rule Changes
« on: March 25, 2022, 08:00:49 PM »
Been hanging on about this for years. But as much as I hate rule changes I hope the AFL try to pick apart the next successful teams strengths like they did us.

Rule changes during our dynasty.

1. Increased strictness and interpretation of deliberate out of bounds. (Big impact on our kick to touch game we had early in dynasty)

2.6v6v6. (Big impact on our 1 wood Rance/Grimes role, as well as out rebounding game and scoring from turnovers by having players in defense and flooding forward in numbers post turn over.)

3. Increased goal square and easy play on (Counter acted out forward lock in game, once we got the ball in our half we so often created a turn over and sent it back in.)

4. Stand Rule.. (A big part of the structure to create turn overs is cut off short forward passes. This has really hurt us)

Talk about dynasty being over, players are a bit older, players desire may not be as high etc. These rule changes have absolutely bottled us. Just hope that the next successful club doesn't get a free ride cause we had to reinvent our structure multiple times and still stayed successful. Hope that it's one too many.
Go Tigers!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dynasty Rule Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
I think we need to get past rule changes and look to new players coming to the club through free agency, trading or the draft in the next year or two.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 09:09:52 PM »
Watching the Swans/Geelong game so there is no bias here. The stand rule looks, sounds and is totally ridiculous. Talk about making a contested game anything but. Big question is how do the we (the general public) get it changed?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 11:49:44 PM »
We don't get it changed as they never listen to us or they'd have never done it in the 1st place. It's at the stage now where i don't always watch mutual games whereas i used to go out of my way to do so.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 01:42:44 AM »
Hearing Shocking come out and say he watched our tapes after our third flag was enough for me. This was a combined group effort between himself Scott and I would say a few more to stop us and they succeeded.

That never happened with other dynasties, or not to this level.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 07:40:40 PM »
You guys are deluded if you think rule changes stopped our dynasty 🤣

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 09:35:56 PM »
You guys are deluded if you think rule changes stopped our dynasty 🤣

That was never mentioned. It would be deluded to say it stopped us, it hasn't stopped yet hopefully. But it'd be deluded to say the changes absolutely hindered us rather than helped us.
Go Tigers!