Author Topic: Richmond vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium --- Round 20, 2021  (Read 14845 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Richmond vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium --- Round 20, 2021
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2021, 09:53:00 PM »
Maybe playing Pickett would’ve been the difference  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »
Hardwick lost us that game. Playing Farts was a disgrace

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2021, 05:33:46 AM »
Team stats:

Disposals:     367 - 367 ..... ( contested: 114 - 140  :P ; uncontested: 241 - 228 )
Efficiency%:   69 - 72
Kicks:           192 - 216
Handballs:    175 - 151
Turnovers:      67 - 76
Marks:           84 - 80 ..... ( contested: 9 - 10 )
Tackles:         52 - 55
Clearances:    20 - 35  ..... ( centre: 7 - 7 ; stoppages: 13 - 28 )  :P
Inside 50s:     51 - 41
In50 eff.%:     43 - 49
In50 marks:    13 - 8
In50 tackles:   14 - 3
Hitouts:          25 - 28
Bounces:          4 - 4
One %ers:      63 - 48
Free kicks:      12 - 20

Individual disposals:

Cotchin 32
Prestia  31
Short    27
Stack    25
Baker   22
Rioli     20
Graham 18
Lambert 18
Astbury  16
Edwards 16
Castagna 15
Nankervis 15
Lynch     14
Mansell   14
Garthwaite 13
Ross       13
Bolton    12
Parker    12
Grimes   11
Riewoldt  9
Chol       8
Aarts     6
Caddy   0 .... ( sub not used )

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/3165

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2021, 07:19:13 AM »
Extremely disappointing game. Had one of my friends ask me what’s happened to us this year.. it’s really hard to say because up until that west coast game we seemed fine. Ever since then it’s like we have completely imploded. Basic skill errors have become a huge problem and I suppose that stems from lack of confidence. One thing I noticed yesterday was how unsure and unconfident we looked bringing the ball out of D50, something I hadn’t seen for the last 4 years. A healthy list next year and a few tough calls/valuable pick ups in the off-season and I think we can get back on track quickly.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2021, 08:13:10 AM »
I don't get the Astbury hate.. Sure he is not a speedster but he never was. The only time he was beaten in the air was on the lead were the was little anybody could of done. He probably took more intercept marks than any of our defenders. There were hell of a lot worse than him on the field including the entire foward line. I'm not saying that his time is not coming to a end more sooner than later but my focus is more on the ones that let us down badly yesterday and have done so most of the year.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2021, 09:00:45 AM »
easy scape goat, age, speed etc

i would rather focus on the ones who have never contributed anything to our flags and are lazy footballers most weeks. ross, chol and aarts are the first 3 that come to mind

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2021, 10:52:06 AM »
No hate.

I'm glad he's playing given we have no Balta/Broad.

Personally just think Miller should have been getting games when Astbury went down earlier this year and he is clearly not going to play much longer. Why wouldn't you get games into Miller while Grimes is still around to mentor him on the field?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2021, 02:17:53 PM »
I don't get the Astbury hate.. Sure he is not a speedster but he never was. The only time he was beaten in the air was on the lead were the was little anybody could of done. He probably took more intercept marks than any of our defenders. There were hell of a lot worse than him on the field including the entire foward line. I'm not saying that his time is not coming to a end more sooner than later but my focus is more on the ones that let us down badly yesterday and have done so most of the year.

He can't keep us when a bloke is hitting up at the footy and gets reasonable delivery but what's more concerning is how often he gives away frees for holding. He has always done it but it's gotten to a bad point where he has no confidence at times or he's just being ridiculously dumb.

He still does some good things, when he's actually in the contest he's alright but his lack of pace and nervous holds are worrying
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
Good to see Syd get recognition in the Coaches votes

10 Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)
8 Adam Cerra (FRE)
6 Sydney Stack (RICH)
4 Dion Prestia (RICH)
1 Luke Ryan (FRE)
1 David Mundy (FRE)

Ed. link: https://www.afl.com.au/news/658816/coaches-votes-r20-cat-bros-dominate-demon-makes-his-move
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 05:47:47 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2021, 05:02:17 PM »
IMV we can't play Astbury and Garth in the same team. They are similar types and lack agility. We're definitely missing that more athletic tall defender in Balta. Even Broad has been a key loss as he plays on and can keep up with the opposition's high lead-up forwards. These forwards are too nimble and on the lead leave Astbury and Garth in their wake.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2021, 05:27:34 PM »
IMV we can't play Astbury and Garth in the same team. They are similar types and lack agility. We're definitely missing that more athletic tall defender in Balta. Even Broad has been a key loss as he plays on and can keep up with the opposition's high lead-up forwards. These forwards are too nimble and on the lead leave Astbury and Garth in their wake.

To be honest Garth wasn't to bad cops a fair bit sometimes unwarranted.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2021, 01:52:39 AM »

His disposal is very poor. His kicking action is so awkward that he has to look at the ball and hold onto it too long before he gets the kick away. Just invites more and more pressure on himself.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2021, 06:28:31 AM »

His disposal is very poor. His kicking action is so awkward that he has to look at the ball and hold onto it too long before he gets the kick away. Just invites more and more pressure on himself.

Yep, and he knows it too. Visibly terrified with ball in hand looking for a handball.

Has defended OK otherwise.

Depth player at best.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »
Is garthwaite a premiership standard player. Not for mine unfortunately.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »
Fluffy, I agree 100%

Unfortunately we are a very light shadow of our former self.

Bashing players up or venting frustration on those selected to play is poor form IMO.
It is what it is, premiership cycle.