Author Topic: Return of AFL crowds - no jab, no entry?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Return of AFL crowds - no jab, no entry?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:50 PM »
Is he talking about 2 jabs (fully vaccinated) or just a 1st jab

With our vaccination roll-out going so slowly for so many reasons

Don't think there would be huge numbers in the 2 jab category
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:04:47 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 09:08:32 PM »
2 jabs (i.e. fully vaccinated).

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 07:05:48 AM »
2 jabs (i.e. fully vaccinated).

Thanks

Will be interesting to see what happens
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 03:34:59 PM »
The Herald Sun reports that several AFL clubs are expecting proof of vaccination (or alternatively a negative test) to be required for entry into games next season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-round-20-fixture-follow-the-latest-news-on-who-and-where-your-club-will-play/news-story/bd2a10b98662548f665270912ca62bb0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 04:48:14 PM »
Crowds not back until round 22. Which means our home round 23 match vs the Hawks for us unless the GWS game is moved to Marvel rather than Qld.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Eddie McGuire reveals plan to get large crowds back to the MCG (Nine)
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 05:22:23 AM »
Eddie McGuire has revealed the proposal being discussed amongst government and AFL heavyweights to get up to 100,000 fans inside the MCG for the Grand Final.

Here's how it will all work.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1420364868654444544

-------------------------------------------------

Eddie McGuire has lifted the lid on a radical plan being tabled to the AFL and the Victorian government to allow a full house at the MCG for this year's grand final.

Despite crowds not being allowed at AFL fixtures in Victoria until at least Round 22, the bold plan, which would cost the AFL between $2 million and $2.5 million, aims to get 100,000 patrons into the MCG for the September 25 showpiece.

The plan, which is the brainchild of The Big Group's Bruce Keebaugh and Response Global's Dr Ian Norton has already been pitched to both the AFL and Visit Victoria, according to McGuire.

Under the proposal, fans with a ticket would need to pass two rounds of COVID-19 testing to enter an 'MCG precinct' closed off from the public by a "ring of steel" - one standard PCR test on the Wednesday prior to the grand final and then a Rapid Antigen Test on the day of the grand final, with results for the Rapid Antigen Test expected within 10 minutes.

The proposed grand final precinct would cover the MCG, Margaret Court Arena, Rod Laver Arena, John Cain Arena, the Holden Centre, AAMI Park, Punt Road and Gosch's Paddock, and would be able to house 200 COVID-19 testing sites.

Individuals attending the grand final would first have to answer screening questions before undergoing a swabbing and a temperature check upon entry. The test would then be linked to the grand final ticket.

The test result would be verified within 10 minutes and linked to the ticket ID before entry is allowed.

While the Rapid Antigen Test has one in 10,000 false positive rate, McGuire stated that individuals who return a false positive would simply undergo another test that would determine their entry.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-reveals-radical-plan-to-save-mcg-grand-final-ring-of-steel/3559f4a3-030b-4fb9-bd64-effc1e567776

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 07:34:40 AM »
I think i would prefer to wait for a few more experts to comment on this specifically before i offer any more than this.

IMO in 2022/2023 with 70-80% plus vaxed, and with covid hopefully circulating around the globe like the flu, i cant see those blue coats still checking for vaxxine passports at gate 5.

Dont you have to get booster shots? so what every year, and with very limited covid circulating around the globe and here, they are going to check for passports and certificates?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 02:41:15 PM »

It will not matter.  As we can already see what’s happening in other countries the government will come up with more reasons to control people and restrict people and control people.
If it’s not Covid 19 it’s another strain - take this vaccine and all will be back to normal - No there’s a strain now - take this booster and all will be normal and you don’t need to wear masks anymore - no there’s an issue with the vaccine as you are more likely to transmit now - take this, do this, wear this, don’t go there, be obedient, don’t be a pain because your killing people…………
It is not going to end people! Which government will want to relinquish the control they now have? 

"Information on the Delta variant from several states and other countries indicates that, on rare occasions, some vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant after vaccination may be contagious and spread the virus to others," Walensky said during a press call on Tuesday. "This new science is worrisome and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendations."

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-can-spread-delta-variant-2021-7%3famp
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 05:28:01 PM »