Author Topic: "Massive blow": How will Tigers fair without Chol & Coleman-Jones? (SEN)  (Read 1423 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"MASSIVE BLOW": HOW WILL TIGERS FAIR WITHOUT CHOL AND COLEMAN-JONES?

By Seb Mottram
SEN
18 September 2021

Kane Cornes believes Richmond has been dealt a “massive blow" with both Mabior Chol and Callum Coleman-Jones anticipated to leave the club over the offseason.

Chol will join the Gold Coast as an unrestricted free agent when the AFL free agency period opens the Friday after the Grand Final, while Coleman-Jones has been strongly linked to the Kangaroos, reportedly on a four-year deal.

The pair are 24 and 22-years old respectively and play a similar role as key position forwards who can ruck.

Cornes believes the departures will see the Tigers' forward line in strife in the coming years.

“When you’ve got Riewoldt who’s 33, and Lynch is getting towards 30, you want to keep those ones who are going to take the spot and be the succession plan,” Cornes told SEN Crunch Time.

“It’s the next generation, everyone’s looking for a key forward aren’t they.

“Neither of (Chol or Coleman-Jones) have commanded a spot yet, but to lose both, I mean it’s a massive blow.

“I don’t know how they go about replacing them.

“I know their draft hand is reasonable, but to draft a young key forward or ruckman is going to take them five or six years to develop.”

The Tigers have two picks in both the first and second round of the 2021 AFL draft and can expect further compensation from North Melbourne in a trade for Coleman-Jones.

Damien Hardwick’s men finished down the ladder in 2021 after three premierships in the previous four years.

Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo will almost certainly be the starting big men for the club after the departures of Chol and Coleman-Jones.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/18/massive-blow-how-will-tigers-fair-without-chol-and-coleman-jones/

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: "Massive blow": How will Tigers fair without Chol & Coleman-Jones? (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 05:13:22 PM »
The AFL world was dealt a massive blow when Kane was born - clueless campaigner

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
Tend to agree, poor list management  not to tie one of them up earlier . It takes years to get big blokes ready and could allowing  Jack another year cost us a 10year FF and 1st ruck .

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:31:40 PM »
Tend to agree, poor list management  not to tie one of them up earlier . It takes years to get big blokes ready and could allowing  Jack another year cost us a 10year FF and 1st ruck .

Who is the 10 year FF?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 07:01:01 PM »

I can get a wafl or sanfl player give me 120% effort all the time then a patchy Chol who gives you 1 qtr if that.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:07 PM »
No issue on Chol, cost us nothing to pick him up, personally don't see him developing much further, his tank is ordinary and body work is average. Wish him all the best. CCJ has some further developing to do which hurts we invested in the majority of it. I think in terms of list management a selection like a Nank proved clever, other clubs shop around 2nd ruckman frequently, GWS get a fit Preuss next year, Saints picked up Ryder for peanuts, Tom Hickey was a revelation. Stefan Martin may be a premiership ruckman in a week. I think we will survive.
Go Tigers!

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 11:28:42 PM »
Why do people even read his stuff.

The ccj and Chol replacements are ruckmen and so far much better in Nankervis and Soldo. We even have a few in development in Ryan and Colina.

Fmd CCJ AND cHOL HAVE SHOWN THEMSELVES TO BE half a ruckman and half a fwd  nothing special at either.It actually may do us a favor where we go out and take a whole forward.

We could really solve a few problems with pick 15 Van Rooyen and 26 Bazzo in the coming draft and still have picks 7, a good chance to trade for 17 and pick up pick 38 and say 39 for CCJ AND Chol. We get pick 17 with 28, 40 and 44 its overs but if we want another first rounder we will have to pay overs.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 03:22:47 PM »
Agree. We need a forward who can replace Jack not another Ruckman.