Author Topic: De Goey tired of 'Kmart Dusty' label (zerohanger)  (Read 6109 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robbo: Comparing De Goey to Dusty is an insult (HeraldSun)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 06:00:13 PM »
Robbo: Comparing De Goey to Dusty is an insult

Jordan De Goey couldn’t carry Dusty’s bags. It’s not to say he can’t be a dominant player, but the time’s come for action and not half-assed promises, writes Mark Robinson.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-2022-mark-robinson-says-magpie-jordan-de-goey-must-move-on-quickly-from-new-york-court-case/news-story/f185486016b2107e30ce21387eb928c7

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: De Goey tired of 'Kmart Dusty' label (zerohanger)
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 07:20:44 AM »
I can think of nicknames for Dr Goey that have nothing to do with football

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 07:57:09 PM »
THE AFL has ordered Collingwood forward Jordan De Goey to make a $10,000 charity donation as punishment for his drunken brush with the law in the US.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/717284/afl-sanctions-de-goey-for-drunken-new-york-incident

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 06:47:46 PM »
Collingwood withdraws De Goey contract offer after Bali video emerges

Michael Gleeson
The Age
June 20, 2022 — 5.00pm

Collingwood withdrew a contract offer for Jordan De Goey on the weekend in light of his embarrassing Bali nightclub video incident.

The club had tabled an offer for De Goey of a new deal for two years with a trigger for a further two years on about $800,000 a year.

The withdrawal of the contract offer does not indicate that they have made a decision not to re-sign the player. The club could yet return to negotiations with a revised offer, or they could decide not to make him a new offer.

Sources confirmed the Magpies withdrew their latest offer of a potential four-year deal - if triggers were satisfied - out of concern at the exposure of contracting a long-term deal with a player with a history of off-field controversies.

Sources said St Kilda and at least one other club had made offers of five-year deals to the power midfielder and forward.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-withdraws-de-goey-contract-offer-after-bali-video-emerges-20220620-p5av5m.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 03:00:38 PM »
De Goey escapes ban as Pies hand down punishment over Bali ‘betrayal’

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
June 21st, 2022 2:49 pm

Collingwood has handed Jordan De Goey a $25,000 fine, suspended until the end of the 2022 season, as the club revealed his punishment from the weekend’s incident in Bali.

The Magpies in a statement on Tuesday “condemned” De Goey’s behaviour during the club’s mid-season bye and expressed disappointment in the way it “demonstrated disrespect towards women.”

The video first emerged on Friday showing De Goey partying and making sexual gestures, while an unseen figure attempts to pull a woman’s top off.

De Goey, who’s out of contract at season’s end amid reports the Magpies have withdrawn a $3.2 million deal to him following his Bali getaway, will be available to play in the club’s clash against the GWS Giants on Sunday.

“Our club’s very strong position is that disrespect towards women, in any form, is never acceptable and we strongly condemn it,” Magpies CEO Mark Anderson said in a statement.

“Jordan’s actions shown in the vision shared on social media are actions we do not accept as a football club, and we are extremely disappointed to see him put himself in this position.

“We have spoken to Jordan at length, and he understands the seriousness of the situation.”

The club also confirmed De Goey will continue to undertake his counselling program that he began earlier this season in the fallout from his New York arrest as he continues to strive for better behaviour off the field.

He will additionally undertake further education around his behaviour for the incident.

“While we do not condone his conduct, we will continue to provide the professional and personal support that Jordan requires to ensure that he consistently lives and demonstrates the values that we expect at Collingwood,” Anderson said.

“Finally, I would like to reiterate that our Club has very strong values, which include respect, tolerance, and a condemnation of irresponsible behaviour. We expect everyone at our club to uphold these values without compromise.”

De Goey expressed remorse for his actions and took responsibility despite over the weekend hitting out at the coverage it’s received.

He also revealed he had ADHD and cited the condition for the reason why he made mistakes.

“I unreservedly apologise to the Collingwood Football Club, its members, supporters and the wider community for my conduct in Bali and I accept full responsibility for my actions,” De Goey said.

“The actions shown in the video footage are disrespectful and I accept that I have betrayed the trust the Club showed in me by allowing me to take my mid-season break overseas.

“I fully accept that as an AFL player, I have a unique leadership role in the community and with that role comes responsibility.

“My actions have fallen short of the standards expected of me as a person, as an AFL footballer and as a representative of the Collingwood Football Club.

“I had worked hard this year to establish trust and confidence in me to make better decisions and through no one’s fault but my own, I have undone that trust.

“Late last year, I was diagnosed with ADHD and I am trying to become more aware of why I make mistakes that I do. I have again made a mistake – this is an ongoing journey for me – and I remain absolutely committed to changing.

“I will be seeking further support to take the appropriate and necessary steps to learn and improve as a person.

“Again, I apologise for my disrespectful conduct. I understand that I have let many people down and that I have much work to do to again rebuild trust.

“I am committed to making myself the best person I can be and I believe that the best chance I have to do that is in an environment where I have the support of my teammates and the club.”

It comes as a Magpies young guns Jack Ginnivan and Isaac Quaynor apologised for their TikTok video that emerged on Monday that showed the pair rating women.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-magpies/afl-2022-jordan-de-goey-suspension-ban-verdict-penalty-sanctions-fine-collingwood-magpies-statement-response-press-conference-bali-video-latest-contract-situation/news-story/13b1e0ac64bdd4607ec18cd361a2ab80

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2022, 07:17:00 PM »
The Collingwood Football Club advises player Jordan De Goey has been granted personal leave by the Club and will not take part in the Round 15 match against the GWS GIANTS to be played on Sunday, June 26.

Jordan has been absent from training this week and the Club will continue to support him on his return to the football program.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/22/de-goey-granted-personal-leave-by-collingwood/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2022, 09:51:12 PM »
What's everyone's take on this?

I think:
DeGeoy very stupid but also has a good point about the media
Collingwood super stupid for letting him go to Bali and their management of the issue has been pee poor since

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 05:53:07 AM »
Well remember the chop sticks saga. Most on here and especially the media thought Dusty committed murder. You only have to go through that topic, laughable if was

This is no different.

If I take my anti-pies glasses off then I ask what did he do wrong? Go to Bali have a few drinks, grab a girls breasts and she enjoyed his company from what I can gather. Wtf is the bloody problem??

If other woman didn’t  like it then they are either jealous that they don’t get any action. If the woman has no issue with it, and based on her comments she doesn’t, then everyone else should stfu. That woman decides if she has an issue with not some media driven load of poo.

I blame the club in all of this as their culture is so bad, allowing it to even come to this.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 09:50:44 AM »

If I take my anti-pies glasses off then I ask what did he do wrong? Go to Bali have a few drinks, grab a girls breasts and she enjoyed his company from what I can gather. Wtf is the bloody problem??

If other woman didn’t  like it then they are either jealous that they don’t get any action. If the woman has no issue with it, and based on her comments she doesn’t, then everyone else should stfu. That woman decides if she has an issue with not some media driven load of poo.

I blame the club in all of this as their culture is so bad, allowing it to even come to this.

You are aware he has "form"? New York? Police charges here in Victoria that granted were dropped? He guaranteed he'd learnt from the mess that was New York and he goes off and does it again. Then uses a medical condition to justify his idiotic and pathetic behaviour.

Your comment that I've highlighted is one of the reasons why people have an issue with what he has done. It is that attitude that feeds the lack of respect that goes on today.

I could say a lot more but I wont simply because I refuse to get personal on this topic and if I did you'd do what you always do and that is attack ....

Will agree with you on one thing his Club are as much to blame as he is. They have pampered to this idiots ego, let him get away with so much and have never had the guts to actually punish him. They preach one thing and in the next breath give him a lettuce leaf punishment. They are a joke.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 12:38:32 PM »
WP he was cleared of any wrong doing with the woman in NYC wasnt he? Charged with the other offence of fighting wasnt it? Cleared here???

So again i ask what has he done wrong if the actual woman in question doesnt care, then everyone else should STFU about something that doesnt concern them.

By all means if the lady had an issue with him then go for it, and he should be held to account, but she DIDNT.

if you have an issue with protecting womans rights that actually has got something to do with the matter, then have a go at that imbecile and hypocrite Lisa Wilkinson who it seems has placed the Brittany trial in jeopardy. :shh No biggy lets just focus on De Goey who has possibly placed the woman in a better place than she was before, only for the media and do gooders to bring them down.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 01:11:22 PM »
Recent incident is a non event just about media getting clicks and activists  being morally outraged for attention

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 10:30:40 PM »
Well remember the chop sticks saga. Most on here and especially the media thought Dusty committed murder. You only have to go through that topic, laughable if was

This is no different.

If your son did that to a woman at a club would you be proud of him? Gee I hope not because I don't think anything other than toxic masculinity (and I largely dislike that term) would drive such pride.

Otherwise, would you be happy for something to do that to your daughter? Whether or not she's 'easy' or on the booze.

Bad look from a bloke who clearly has poo for brains. Also it would appear he's playing for the dumbest club in the league.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 10:42:44 PM »

This is no different.

If your son did that to a woman at a club would you be proud of him? Gee I hope not because I don't think anything other than toxic masculinity (and I largely dislike that term) would drive such pride.

Otherwise, would you be happy for something to do that to your daughter? Whether or not she's 'easy' or on the booze.

Bad look from a bloke who clearly has poo for brains. Also it would appear he's playing for the dumbest club in the league.

I wouldnt care less if they were adults, having fun but above all else which i have mentioned a few times which you have conveniently not addressed. DID SHE COMPLAIN?

I would urge you to read her comment about the incident. Maybe they had already did you know adults things the night before. Who knows and who cares. Its their business, she doesnt care so end of stuffin story.

Some people are just sour arses these days Chuck

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 11:18:31 PM »

This is no different.

I wouldnt care less if they were adults, having fun but above all else which i have mentioned a few times which you have conveniently not addressed. DID SHE COMPLAIN?

I would urge you to read her comment about the incident. Maybe they had already did you know adults things the night before. Who knows and who cares. Its their business, she doesnt care so end of stuffin story.

Some people are just sour arses these days Chuck

Yeah she said nothing to see here etc.

Unfortunately degoey is a public figure though so indecent behaviour like that in public is a very bad look. If that was my own kid I'd be telling him to keep it in the bedroom for the sake of his reputation and career. Girl also.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 01:32:45 PM »
WP he was cleared of any wrong doing with the woman in NYC wasnt he? Charged with the other offence of fighting wasnt it? Cleared here???

The charges in NY were downgraded to harassment to which he pleaded guilty. So he wasn't cleared. His attorney and the NY prosecutor did a deal. He was originally charged with "forcibly toughing (aka groping) a woman and assault. He pleaded to down to the lesser charge

As to indecent assault charge dating back to 2015 well that was withdrawn with the Police having to pay De Goey's legal costs

So again i ask what has he done wrong if the actual woman in question doesnt care, then everyone else should STFU about something that doesnt concern them.

By all means if the lady had an issue with him then go for it, and he should be held to account, but she DIDNT.

No one is disputing that the women in question this time didn't complain.

But for ever woman who says "it's OK, I have no issue" there will be at least 10 who would say NO. And it is that 10 that we need to worry about/consider.

Whether he realises it not are even cares De Goey is a position of were young people look at him and think he does it so it must be OK. That is one of the many reasons why people are outraged.

If he and the woman want to carry on like that behind closed doors then you are right it is their busy. But if you are going to be idiotic enough to post it on social media then you deserve every whack, condemnation that comes your way.

if you have an issue with protecting womans rights that actually has got something to do with the matter, then have a go at that imbecile and hypocrite Lisa Wilkinson who it seems has placed the Brittany trial in jeopardy. :shh No biggy lets just focus on De Goey who has possibly placed the woman in a better place than she was before, only for the media and do gooders to bring them down.

what Lisa Wilkinson did was equal to the stupidity shown by De Goey. She should be ashamed and embarassed and should apologise to ever person she has let down with her selfish egotistical stupidity

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)