Author Topic: Dimma's future? Tigers approach crossroads as giant hurtles towards cliff (Fox)  (Read 1675 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers approach crossroads as giant hurtles towards cliff: Ranking all 18 coaches on Pressure Gauge

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
October 20th, 2021

Foxfooty.com.au has ranked each current club boss 1-18 on a pressure gauge.

9. Damien Hardwick (Richmond)

Having led Richmond to three of the last five premierships, Hardwick isn’t under any genuine pressure. The reason he features higher than others is the possibility that after 12 years in the role – the longest tenure of any current coach – and three flags, he and the club simply decide to go their separate ways. Should Richmond fall well short of premiership contention again next year, the club will surely commit to a proper rebuild, which Hardwick, contracted until 2024, may not want to be part of.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-coaches-under-pressure-out-of-contract-ranked-salaries/news-story/c43a241d5bf28b43d2dd1d525f057d7f

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Pffft

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Like we did at the end of 2016?
I think Dimma has the job as long as he wants it.
Thanks to Kennett, any temptation to do something stupid will be nipped in the bud.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
3 time premiership coach (all other current senior coaches in the league combine for 5 total) who broke a 37 year drought won’t be sacked even if we were to finish dead last this year.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
3 time premiership coach (all other current senior coaches in the league combine for 5 total) who broke a 37 year drought won’t be sacked even if we were to finish dead last this year.

Don't think they are suggesting he would get the arse.  The question would be whether Dimma has the desire and patience to sit through the pain of a rebuild.  For motivation, he need only look at his former coach in Sheedy.  Effectively three generations of premierships - 85/85, 93 and 2000.  I think that's what makes us look at Sheedy as a legendary coach.  Didn't quite see multiple dynasties but to rebuild twice for two more premierships takes enormous ability and patience.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Don't think they are suggesting he would get the arse.  The question would be whether Dimma has the desire and patience to sit through the pain of a rebuild.  For motivation, he need only look at his former coach in Sheedy.  Effectively three generations of premierships - 85/85, 93 and 2000.  I think that's what makes us look at Sheedy as a legendary coach.  Didn't quite see multiple dynasties but to rebuild twice for two more premierships takes enormous ability and patience.

Sure does, and a huge amount of faith from the board and supporters.

Laughable when you look at the rabble we used to be, and Carlton currently is.

As for whether or not Dimma wants to go through it all again...honestly I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

Broadsword

I reckon the Sheedy comparison is apt, and coupled with how much of a competitor he is, I don't doubt his passion. In fact, when B. Gale, Club Captain, and 21 other players are before him in the dressing room--even after everything he has achieved--I still think he has them all covered for dog-with-a-bone-never-give-up-stick-it-up-em-I'm-going-out-on-my-shield will to win. Combine that with a growth mentality and young age for a coach.

I suspect that building another premiership team would deeply appeal to him.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Winning one again in 2022 would deeply appeal to me
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
I reckon the Sheedy comparison is apt, and coupled with how much of a competitor he is, I don't doubt his passion. In fact, when B. Gale, Club Captain, and 21 other players are before him in the dressing room--even after everything he has achieved--I still think he has them all covered for dog-with-a-bone-never-give-up-stick-it-up-em-I'm-going-out-on-my-shield will to win. Combine that with a growth mentality and young age for a coach.

I suspect that building another premiership team would deeply appeal to him.

Will also has to rebuild his personal finances after his divorce

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Which he would probably do by leaving the Tigers and going to another club ……

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
If he leaves in 12 months Clarkson would probably be our next coach