Author Topic: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]  (Read 10420 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2022, 10:52:21 PM »
MT must be living under a rock  :lol

Yes Andy I have heard that from quite a few people but not in my industry, and doubt I ever will for many years.

In NY at the moment and if you want to see rainbows Andy pop over here my friend. I don’t give a poo personally but some of things here are funny. If I knew how to post pictures I would. I too have started to place these odd things on consent forms. Pretty sure on the census form I noted that I identified as something that wasn’t a male. A stupid question will get a stupid reply from me.

Speaking of old mate Murdoch who MT is infatuated with. I was chatting to security on the corner of fox building here on 6th, not far where I am staying and he said to me and I quote “I get abused daily for working for a racist and homophobe by get this “only white” people. He was black, and never had an issue with anyone except these lunatics.  :lol :lol :lol

You can’t make this poo up if you tried.

One thing on Murdoch or whoever is infatuated with them, they probably read more of their articles than any of the rest of us. Credlin bolt, Murdoch they seem to know a lot about what they publish or report. hahahaha
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »
On ya Bill. From a lefty also!

Don't see the issue if you can specify yourself as an 'other' of your free choosing anyway.

No reason why the rest of us should have to pander to this some minority.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2022, 05:47:59 PM »
Exactly, it should be a choice. We've always had to nominate pronouns even in the "old days" - Dr. Mr. Mrs. Miss. Ms. It's not something new to freak out about. Just need listed all the options relevant to the population now days. Everything is done digitally. It's not that hard.

ps. LOL @ Frankie trying to claim only "white" Americans can't stand the Murdoch media :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2022, 06:18:39 PM »
In the Philippines they wouldn’t admit me to hospital until I put my religion on the form
I left blank - no good
Atheist - what’s this sir .. I explained, no good
Jedi - I explained what a Jedi knight was, no good

Ended up writing Christian so I could get myself sorted

So stupidity isn’t just in relation to gender , that’s for sure

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2022, 01:55:12 AM »
Exactly, it should be a choice. We've always had to nominate pronouns even in the "old days" - Dr. Mr. Mrs. Miss. Ms. It's not something new to freak out about. Just need listed all the options relevant to the population now days. Everything is done digitally. It's not that hard.

ps. LOL @ Frankie trying to claim only "white" Americans can't stand the Murdoch media :lol.

Just stating the facts of what I was told. Anyone can pluck a photo on the internet to justify anything. Were they activists, ex workers, political or just people who are freely not approving of the media. Anyways more whites in that picture clearly they have the bigger issue with Murdoch press based on racism.

Most black Americans wouldn’t even know what Murdoch is or care just like this worker.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2022, 08:18:24 PM »
Seriously don't get the obsession with this stuff. Outside this thread and the 'noise' from the usual reactionaries in the public arena, I don't see or hear it in any of the circles I move in. Then again I don't follow and believe everything the Murdoch media, shockjock radio and social/religious political conservatives say is happening :shh.

Thankfully in Australia, Murdoch is losing his influence and we are becoming majority non-religious :thumbsup. Morrison was a close shave. So when in government he told the public to trust him and supported the UN but now he's been thrown out we're not to trust any government nor support the UN :facepalm :lol. What a fraud and religious fringe nutter! Good riddance!
Your a smart cookie MT but you believe anything you read? and that’s in the context of potting what the Murdoch media says.  :rollin
How about you quote what he said and find the context of what he said and why he said it. I think you’ll find that in context he meant something completely different to what you think he meant by what “the media” wanted you to think he meant.

In terms of what’s coming in the woke gender space you haven’t seen anything yet. Just read the latest from work safe Victoria on gendered violence  :rollin

Once the schools get hold of this crap good luck if your got children that’s all I’m going to say.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 08:36:05 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2022, 03:31:50 AM »
Your a smart cookie MT but you believe anything you read? and that’s in the context of potting what the Murdoch media says.  :rollin
How about you quote what he said and find the context of what he said and why he said it. I think you’ll find that in context he meant something completely different to what you think he meant by what “the media” wanted you to think he meant.
I listened to what he actually said which was actually more embarrassing than what even the media reported  :help. Don't trust government and put your faith in the 'Lord' to provide  .... ohhhh just ignore that Morrison in government handed half a million dollars in Jobkeeper to Court's church where he was giving this 'sermon' at and on top of the near $650,000 in government grants ::). Then there's the tens of millions of dollars of federal government money handed to Hillsong under Morrison's watch. I must have missed in the Gospels where the Lord said build up a wealthy property portfolio courtesy of the taxpayer :whistle.

Then there was his nonsense trying to link anxiety to "Satan's plan". Yeah, better tell those with terminal cancer, Alzheimer's, MND, etc not to worry, eh Scotty! :facepalm. Or how about Ukrainians (mostly Christians) being bombed and killed thanks to Putin's attempted genocide supported by the Russian Orthodox Church. I guess the Ukrainians shouldn't worry either or even better should have prayed harder so they weren't invaded in the first place ::). What a fundamentalist nutter totally out of touch with reality!

It's all just convenient cherry picking. Give credit to some unseen 'higher power' if something fortunate happens in life while ignoring blame to this 'higher power' or blame another unseen mythical being called "Satan" when things don't work out or worse terrible things happen out of anyone's control. Didn't Morrison's evangelist mates all pray hard for him to win the election .... oops!  :lol

In terms of what’s coming in the woke gender space you haven’t seen anything yet. Just read the latest from work safe Victoria on gendered violence  :rollin
Gender violence isn't just about LGBTI+ people. Most of it is focussed on preventing sexual harassment and violence especially towards women at work. Don't see the issue nor what's funny about it.   

https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/work-related-gendered-violence-including-sexual-harassment
https://content.api.worksafe.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-03/ISBN-Work-related-gendered-violence-including-sexual-harassment-2020-03.pdf

Once the schools get hold of this crap good luck if your got children that’s all I’m going to say.
Yeah, kids were so much safer in the old days being taught by certain pedophile clergy.

Yes, we should go back to the old ways of teaching kids that the universe and mankind was "created" in just 6 days despite the Webb telescope just recently showing an image of space from 13 billion years ago (9 billion years before the Earth was formed and despite modern humans only existing on Earth for the past 300 thousand years or so).

Or how about the old ways of teaching little girls that when they grow up and have babies that it will be a painful childbirth because 'God' has punished all womankind for the first woman eating a piece of fruit after listening to a talking snake.

Yeah, kids were and would be so much better off having their brains filled with that ancient mystical nonsense! :help
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 05:24:01 AM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2023, 02:02:26 PM »
Can anyone enlighten me why the AFL is referring terms that existed post colonisation and reverting to an aboriginal abbreviation in the first instance.

Two examples;

1. AFL referring to Melbourne football club as "Narrm (Melbourne)"
2. Freemantle football club being referred to as solely Walyalup

Whilst I can understand the logic to change things that existed pre colonisation so as if the white man never came, I struggle to understand the name change for post colonisation things

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2023, 04:56:45 PM »
All I can come up with is

#Albomustgo

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2023, 08:52:13 PM »
Can anyone enlighten me why the AFL is referring terms that existed post colonisation and reverting to an aboriginal abbreviation in the first instance.

Two examples;

Whilst I can understand the logic to change things that existed pre colonisation so as if the white man never came, I struggle to understand the name change for post colonisation things

They do it for indigenous rounds in both the AFL and AFLW

The past 2 weeks has been indigenous rounds across the AFLW

It is the Club's choice whether they use the indigenous names
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2023, 09:01:11 PM »

Two examples;

They do it for indigenous rounds in both the AFL and AFLW

The past 2 weeks has been indigenous rounds across the AFLW

It is the Club's choice whether they use the indigenous names

Source of knowledge as always mate thank you

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2023, 02:37:48 PM »

Two examples;

must conform or no kick backs from stakeholders. :shh