Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the MCG --- Round 22, 2022  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the MCG --- Round 22, 2022
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 09:39:13 PM »
For anyone who lives in or around blackburn and isnt going to the game a few Richmond supporters are usually at the Blackburn Hotel to watch games. We usually congregate just  in a little lounge with a fireplace just beyond the kitchen area. Ill be going there on Saturday anyone else who wants to come most welcome to join us. Its usually a lot of fun but there has been one occassion I was the only one there and it was great just sitting having a beer and eating half decent food at pub prices.

You a Richmond family? My (large) family has been in the area for about 60-70 years.

Don't wanna go to the game or is it a bit much?

I grew up in Stawell Street Richmond just off bridge road opposite cussons soap factory now its an officeworks. Moved to glen waverley now further east. Reason im not going to games is I had a kidney transplant last September and docs dont want any of us out in places like the footy. Covid the flu etc. I go to the blacky because its comfortable, warm you dont have to queue for drinks and you can get a decent size steak, chips and a salad for $25. Whilst I dont go the footy these days I buy my Richmond Membership always. Im on automatic renewal.

Half of us me and all my relos like cousins - are Richmond supporters the other half follow the pies.

I don't see how the pub is any safer than the G. At least the G is outdoors which is much better for air changes.

If you wanna come along some time you're welcome to join my dad and I. We drive to east Camberwell and train the rest of the way, walk slowly etc. I have every N95 on the market too haha.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 10:11:46 PM »
Umps for Sunday:

23 - Robert Findlay
27 - Andre Gianfagna
32 - Jacob Mollison

https://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/AFL-Round-22.pdf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »
Tigers’ burning question: Can they finally cement their finals hopes?

Richmond was at some stages this season seen as a shoe-in for finals, but tight losses put them on the brink of a stunning collapse. Finals are so close now the Tigers can just touch it, but a win against Hawthorn would almost guarantee a finals berth and finally assure them of September action. From there, anything is possible for this side, particularly if they get Dustin Martin back for their elimination final, but a win this week is virtually a must.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tipping-round-22-2022-the-blowtorch-fox-footy-commentators-afl-news-every-club-round-22-burning-question/news-story/c059603e265ee08dbf19e99a3977ac27

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2022, 08:00:21 PM »
The certainties for Round 22

Hugh Fitzpatrick
SEN
12 August 2022

Richmond v Hawthorn

Nankervis to win hit-out battle

Toby Nankervis has been one of Richmond’s most consistent players this season.

With Ned Reeves ruled out of Hawthorn’s side for the season, it leaves Ben McEvoy to shoulder the ruck load and he’s not renowned for being a overly prolific hit-out winners.

In a crunch clash, expect Nankervis to continue his recent form and take care of business in the ruck.

Mitchell to have 25 or more disposals

The Brownlow Medallist is in the midst of his eighth-straight season averaging over 25 possessions a game, a fair stat!

Richmond doesn’t usually deploy a run-with player in their side, so the midfielder should have no worries in accumulating 25 touches.

If Hawthorn is going to throw a spanner in the works in terms of Richmond’s finals aspirations, expect Tom Mitchell to have his hands all over the football.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/12/the-16-certainties-for-the-rest-of-round-22/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2022, 10:50:13 PM »
Bringing my kid to their first proper game.

Any tips?
Go Tigers!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:43 AM »
St kilda lost! Win this and I think mathematically we’re locked to finish top 8?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2022, 06:34:05 AM »

Any tips?
How old?

You can get a wristband for young kids just in case they get lost.

There's parent rooms and other facilities listed in this link:
https://www.mcg.org.au/the-stadium/facilities/families

------------

ARRIVE EARLY ( n.b. against Brisbane they locked Gate 5 so there was a long long long queue at Gate 4  :P ).

In 2022, the process for entry into the MCG will take longer than usual. To ensure you are inside the MCG in time for the match start, arrive early and leave plenty of time for the entry process.

Download your ticket prior to your arrival at the MCG. To gain entry into the match, scan your digital ticket at the turnstiles.

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand
Q1-Q15 1/2

Ponsford Stand
Q28-Q36

Olympic Stand
Q49-Q55 (rows K-MM)

AFL Reserve
M23-M26 (rows A-Z)
P27-P28
Q15 1/2 - Q17 (rows K-DD)
Q18-Q28

CHEER SQUAD AREAS
Richmond: M3 & M4 (rows A-K)
Hawthorn:M33 (rows A-S)

PARKING

Parking in Yarra Park is unavailable for this match due to wet conditions. Click here for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.

METRO TRAINS PLANNED DISRUPTIONS

Buses replace trains on sections of the Sunbury, Belgrave, Lilydale, Cranbourne, Pakenham, Frankston and Sandringham lines this weekend.
Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
Please be aware after the game there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond station.
Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior to the game.

THE G-TRAIN MOBILITY SHUTTLE SERVICE

The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.

The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and in 2022, the G-Train will also feature vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.

Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area

https://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2022/august/afl-round-22---richmond-v-hawthorn-august-14-2022

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »
Yep get the job done tigers focus and a solid 4 quarter game no room for errors.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 08:21:16 AM »

Any tips?

Parent rooms are the best mate. Never let your kids in those disgusting public toilets especially girls.

Microwaves, tv’s it has the lot.

Bring milk, cocoa heat her up and your set. Go back and fire up some pop corn in the microwave.

It’s located around m24, though I’m sure there is a few
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:35 AM »
Get some headphones mate. Kids are sensitive to noise. Depending on age, perhaps a device. Heaps of snacks. Enjoy.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2022, 08:40:30 AM »
Be prepared to leave at halftime.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2022, 08:56:24 AM »
Be prepared to leave at halftime.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »

Any tips?

Parent rooms are the best mate. Never let your kids in those disgusting public toilets especially girls.

Bring milk, cocoa heat her up and your set. Go back and fire up some pop corn in the microwave.

Or you could just take your Mrs and get her to do all that and remind her not to forget to buy you a beer on the way back.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Broadsword

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2022, 12:17:16 PM »

Any tips?

Or you could just take your Mrs and get her to do all that and remind her not to forget to buy you a beer on the way back.  :rollin
And while you are time travelling can you let me know what the 1943 grand final was like? I always heard it was a classic--and everyone wore excellent hats.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2022, 12:26:19 PM »

Any tips?

And while you are time travelling can you let me know what the 1943 grand final was like? I always heard it was a classic--and everyone wore excellent hats.
C’mon mate, they didn’t allow ladies in the G back then unless they were cleaning the dunnies or serving the elite at the MCC members lounge (long room)  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.