Author Topic: Brendon Gale treated with "disrespect" during AFL CEO hunt: Sheahan (SEN)  (Read 619 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
RICHMOND BOSS TREATED WITH “DISRESPECT” DURING AFL CEO HUNT: SHEAHAN

Nic Negrepontis
SEN
5 September 2023

Veteran AFL journalist Mike Sheahan believes the league treated Richmond’s Brendon Gale with “disrespect” during the search for the next AFL CEO.

After a lengthy search, Gillon McLachlan’s right-hand man Andrew Dillon was given the role.

Sheahan believes the perception from clubland was that Gale never had a fair crack at the position, but no one is sure exactly why.

“I think there was a push from clubland for Brendon to be in the mix and the perception at club level was that he wasn’t. That someone, or some group at the AFL, just had put a line through his name,” Sheahan told SEN Breakfast.

“No question it happened, but no one can find out why.”

Sheahan called out the AFL for their treatment of the veteran executive.

“I think that Gale was treated with disrespect in the process,” he said.

“I’m a fan of Andrew Dillon and he’s got the job, but Brendon Gale had to be a contender and a leading contender, and he wasn’t.”

Gale will remain Richmond CEO in 2024 and beyond.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/05/richmond-boss-treated-with-disrespect-during-afl-ceo-hunt-sheahan/

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brendon Gale treated with "disrespect" during AFL CEO hunt: Sheahan (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:16:51 PM »
We all know who this campaigner is and the sooner he stuffs off the better for the whole comp.

It’s the same prick that said Lynch’s kick went over the post from where he was sitting. Complete campaigner

Offline Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »
I agree with Sheahan.  But I'm glad they did, it's sad for Benny but great for us that he's going to be with us for a while longer.
I can however see the possibility that the AFL will headhunt him to be the CEO of their new Tassie team.  Offering huge amounts of  money to lure him away from us. Thus "weakening" our management structure & making him beholden to them.

Believe me they don't like the fact that he's help make us as strong as we are. The AFL don't like clubs that don't rely on their handouts, they want to be able to manipulate everything that clubs do. They have less control over clubs like us, the Pies, Weagles, Crows, Hawks, etc.  The more clubs they control the better they can do as they wish.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 08:42:30 PM »
Andrew Dillon is a typical pollie