Author Topic: Richmond makes a $2.6 million profit for 2022  (Read 2340 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond makes a $2.6 million profit for 2022
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2022, 11:58:41 AM »

I was specifically asking about the VFLW program of which we don’t have our own club unlike minnow clubs like Footscray, StKilda and North Melbourne.

I personally think it better for our development if we assist the senior AFLW team by having our own VFLW program.

Don’t you agree?

And how does our sponsorship revenue compare with other clubs?

I know what you were referring too. And I answered in relation to that

I agree we should have our own VFLW side, that we don't is an indictment on our club. It is embarrassing if we are being honest

But fact remains we spend all of AFLW soft cap, all of it. To fund a VFLW it would come out of that. Other clubs chose to use part of their cap on a VFLW side. We don't. I have asked numerous times why we have chosen not to have our own team and when are we getting our VFLW side back and I can't get what I'd call a straight answer. But reference to the limitations of the soft cap is always mentioned

As I said you know as I do our Club will not over spend on the soft cap, so unless it increases I cannot see us having our VFLW side in the short term. Which is fundamental worng from a development point of view.

As an aside to that could you imagine the outrage on here if we over spent on the Women's soft cap and not the men's?

As for sponsorship revenue short answer is I don't know. Why? Because firstly I have not read any other Club's reports yet and secondly ever Club reports (categorises) it differently so it is awalys hard to compare
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)