Author Topic: Pre Season Talk / Castagna  (Read 1217 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Pre Season Talk / Castagna
« on: December 19, 2022, 10:43:06 PM »
Sorry couldn't find a thread to put this in.

But looking at photos and video. Castagna looks to have really leaned down. I don't mind this. His asset is his pace and agility. He was too heavy when they tried to make him into a midfielder and I reckon that really impacted onhis kicking for goal, too high up the group and being gased when shooting and making decisions in front of goal. Now his role surely will be fwd pocket mosquito fleet again, Castagna might just save his career.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Pre Season Talk / Castagna
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:15:27 PM »
I don't recall us trying to turn him into a midfielder and his kicking has always been atrocious. Hope he has a super pre-season though and can return to some form
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 11:45:18 PM »
Long long list of far more skilled fwds in front of him. Do i really have to name em.
M Rioli, Cumberland, Clarke and we drafted a far better skilled kid in Campbell. Throw in the fact we have Bolton, Sonsie Martin and Taranto all very good mids who are better fwds than Castagna who most likely will go there anyway..

Can he save his career who really cares the truth is it was a mistake to give him a new contract. Any game he gets now is a game taken off a better qualified kid. He has become the epitome of the proverbial list clogger imo.

Imo his spot should have been taken by either another big bodied mid or a young key fwd to develop.

As far as i can see his best value to us would be in the reserves and playing as a mid if he can.
When you do a best 23 for the seniors the reserves afl mids that are left are few, Probably Graham, Ross,Dow, and Green and thats about it.
And as far as tall fwds go if we don't take Bradtke then there is only Bauer.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 01:00:29 AM »
Triple Premiership player but his ropey skill set is not suited to the current format of the game which requires more precision.
Been a good soldier but I hope he plays little senior footy this year. We know by now what he is.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 10:01:12 PM »
Thanks for the memories good and bad, luv ya but goodbye George 👋

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 06:08:12 PM »
Triple Premiership player but his ropey skill set is not suited to the current format of the game which requires more precision.
Been a good soldier but I hope he plays little senior footy this year. We know by now what he is.
Yep, SHocking's rule changes (especially the stand rule which stops pressure from the man on the mark) has taken away arguably George's main asset as a small forward and exposed his main weakness.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd