Author Topic: Marvel Stadium's new AI technology for no-queue food & beverage purchases (SEN)  (Read 1152 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
MARVEL STADIUM INTRODUCES “EXTRAORDINARY” TECHNOLOGY FOR FOOD AND BEVERAGE PURCHASES

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
4 March 2023

Footy supporters are set for a new fan experience with Marvel Stadium set to introduce cutting-edge technology for food and beverage purchases.

At two new outlets called ‘The Runner’, Amazon’s 'Just Walk Out' technology will be used where fans won’t need to go through a checkout to purchase items.

To buy items, fans will only have to scan their credit, debit or mobile card upon entry, collect their items and leave the store – with Just Walk Out’s technology able to accurately determine who took what from the store.

After experiencing the technology at an NBA game in Los Angeles, SEN’s Gerard Whateley and Sam Edmund discussed how fans will benefit.

Whateley: “When I went to the States in October, they had it, I was at Crypto.com (Arena), the former Staples Centre.”

Edmund: “Does it work?”

Whateley: “It does, it was extraordinary. I’d never seen it before but you tap your credit card on the way in and go through the turnstile and gather what you do and walk out.

“It has the technology where it scans you on the way out and just instantly charges your credit card.”

Edmund: “If it’s packed in there, it’s accommodated for, if the lighting is a little bit dim it’s accommodated for, accurate in any environment.”

Whateley: “It worked absolutely seamlessly, it was a bit of an, ‘Oh, okay, so this is where we are going to add to the convenience of the stadium experience’.

“There was no queuing.”

Edmund: “I think it’s brilliant.”

Whateley: “It is.”

Edmund: “You could see a goal get kicked, run off, grab a pie and come back before the ball has been bounced.”

While no exact release date has been revealed, the AFL has stated the technology will be available in time for the early rounds of the 2023 season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/04/04/marvel-stadium-introduces-extraordinary-technology-for-food-and-beverage/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond