General > General Discussion

Tennis [merged]

(1/76) > >>

froars:
Just watching the Goran v Lleyton replay.
I know just enough Yugoslav to hear something he said that was unrepeatable lol
And got away with it apparently  ;D

mightytiges:
That old trick  ;D. I like the big Croat as doesn't take himself too seriously.

Good on Hewitt and the Poo. Go Aussies!  :).

JohnF:
Goran is a legend. Never was a fan of his style of game, but I would often watch his matches for the sheer entertainment value they offered. Never a dull moment with this guy. lmfaooooo@slavs being the funniest and most psycho people, good on em!

It was good to see for one last time all his antics like headbutting the tennis ball, talking to himself, talking to the crowd, talking to the camera men, talking to God, being superstitious about the balls and requesting the ball back after winning a point with it, lmfaooo!!!

lmfaooooo@him getting boo-ed and then finally cheered when he put on a croatian soccer top on after the match. lmfaoooooo@getting English people to clap for croatian soccer. Only Goran could do it.

In Goran's post-match interview he said that when two girls yelled out "we love you goran!" he went and won the next two points. He then said a bloke yelled out the same thing, and then he proceeded to lose the match. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 

I'm glad he won Wimbledon after making three unsuccesful attempts in the final. Tragedy for Rafter, but at least he had won 2 grand slams already.

Well done to Rocky Hewitt for taking him out in such an awesome way. Showed great sportsmanship after the match to tell Goran it was an honour to be on the same court as him and that he was a great champion. Hewitt then went to his seat and packed his bags and let Goran have all the applause. Great stuff.

Moya next for Hewitt, and then Federer. Tough ask, but if anyone can do it, Rocky can.

mightytiges:
Hewitt's through :). Scud's looking dodgy though. No big serve = no scud :(.

JohnF:
Scud got hard done-by on a couple line calls, but his first two sets were terrible and he didn't deserve to win either of them. Was playing well in the end, but too little too late.

If Hewitt gets through tomorrow night he's a big chance for the title. I think he'll lose in 3 or 4 sets though; Federer looks in rediculously good form. But you can never count Hewitt out when he is motivated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version