General > General Discussion

Americans and their guns

<< < (2/41) > >>

Mr Magic:

--- Quote from: Coach Davey on December 15, 2012, 09:04:58 PM ---Horrible. So close to Christmas as well.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. Can't begin to imagine how those parents will be feeling. :'(

Bengal:
i think there's a lot more to their problems than just banning semi autos..  They have serious class differences in the USA and we're following in the same fashion..  We should learn from their woeful social and economic decisions..   :banghead and  :pray it doesnt happen here more often

tiga:

--- Quote from: Crazy_Ivan on December 15, 2012, 04:43:38 PM ---So sad what happened in the States once again,But no Govt would have the balls to change their constitutional right to bare arms.

--- End quote ---

Or their right to arm Bears...  ::) Americans are clueless when it comes to taking decisive action on stopping gun violence. They are a paranoid lot that's for sure.

In all seriousness, this incident cut me to the core as both my kids are in the same age group as these poor kids who's lives were so tragically cut short. As a parent, to get a call from the school telling you that your children have been killed would be the end of the world for me. May they all rest in peace and may their parents over time learn to cope with their tragic losses.

Penelope:
Every time something like this happens we get the same outcry about guns.
You could ban the guns but the deepset problems in our society that lead to these horrific incidents would still remain.

The question that hardly anybody asks is why? What has changed from 50 years ago that makes this poo happen?

Guns may the tool used, but they are not the cause. As with any problem, the only way to solve it is to discover the root cause and address that

Francois Jackson:
i agree Al but the simple fact is with stricter gun laws it would be extremely difficult for someone to come and kill 20 people, once, twice 3 times as has happened recently. People will harp on it each time something happens because well nothing ever gets done. I have a feeling this time its different. Could be wrong, but cant remember a mass shooting where so many kids were killed.

The kid had issues, yes, but so do a lot of people and with caring can be steered the right way. Its a shame his mother can no longer defend how she raised an absolute monster. Perhaps some blame needs to be squared at her

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version