Football > Richmond Rant

Old Footballers - Whatever happened to ...

<< < (2/173) > >>

Tigertailz:
Is Jimmy Jess still playing?Did he kick a bag of goals recently or was i dreaming that i was back in the 80's?
I loved the Ghost!

Struggletown:
Im still playing ametuer footy and the RFC ex players lve come across in the last few years are
Justin Paul CC of Bentleigh   Tim Powell Coaching Monash Uni Old Boys   Tony Free was coaching Prahran amatuers  Stephen 'bomber James played for Bulleen-Templestowe in the mid-late 90s  Nick Daffy Old Melburnians  David 'Jughead' Bourke  Vermont EDFL  Aaron James Lalor DVFL   Merv Keane Coach Old Caulfield Grammarians  Ewan Thompson  Melbourne High old boys  Stephen Mount  Collegians 12 years ago!  John Manton Old Geelong until this year(Ive played on him 4 times over the years)

Fwoy3:
Well, I had Michael Pickering in the bar tonight. I told him he was my favourite player when the Tiges traded him to Melbourne  :'(

Doesn't seem to be too interested in footy these days. He mentioned reading the paper a few days ago and saw where Richmond were on the ladder.  :(

froars:
That's sad Gibby.
I wonder whether being associated with an era the club would care to forget would be the reason why they don't invite players of the mid to late '80 and onwards back to the club.
They celebrate a premiership anniversary on a whim - and so they should - but they've still got to acknowledge these guys in some way. 

mightytiges:
I agree froars and gibby that is sad. Especially as he won a B&F at his time at Richmond. Maybe the Club could organize decade reunions (90s, 80s, 70s, etc...) for these guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version