Author Topic: Trengove or Martin at pick 3 says March (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4195 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trengove or Martin at pick 3 says March (Herald-Sun)
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »
Tigers president Gary March yesterday said the club intended to take either Sturt onballer Jack Trengove or Bendigo onballer Dustin Martin with its third pick in next month's National Draft.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-richardson-prepares-to-go-on/story-e6frf9jf-1225787878334

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trengove or Martin at pick 3 says March (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:13:52 AM »
Interesting that he didn't say Scully.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »
March putting his foot in his mouth again when answering the media  :help. When does any club president publicly come out and say who their club is going to draft let alone say it over a month out from the draft and when another club has the first two picks before us :P.

When will this club learn to shut up and keep things internal :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 07:54:14 AM »
March putting his foot in his mouth again when answering the media  :help. When does any club president publicly come out and say who their club is going to draft let alone say it over a month out from the draft and when another club has the first two picks before us :P.

Apparently he just can't help himself :banghead

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

I dunno, isn't he really just stating the obvious anyway?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
I have no trouble him saying who we're taking when we have pick 3.

We can't lose.

If we had pick 10 and he was saying things like that i'd think differently.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:32 AM »
he should have included scully as well and really ramped up the pressure on the demons to make the correct call.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
Do you think him saying Trengove or Martin means that Melbourne could be still considering Morabito, Butcher or even Martin??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »
fcuking ccokhead is March.

Its just not professional practice to do this. Our next pick is 19. The more uncertainty in the draft, the more chance that a kid we think will go 14, 15, 16 will slip to 19.

Michael Green come home.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:16 PM »

Have to agree with you MT, now we will end up with Scully, everyone may think this is a good thing but I don't if it happens, Butcher has a bad kicking trate and Scully is carrying injuries. Hawthawn picked um..... um...... whats his name with an injury and he has hardly played a game and he was rated as the top draft choice at the time.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »
Have to agree with you MT, now we will end up with Scully, everyone may think this is a good thing but I don't if it happens, Butcher has a bad kicking trate and Scully is carrying injuries. Hawthawn picked um..... um...... whats his name with an injury and he has hardly played a game and he was rated as the top draft choice at the time.

How does this mean we will NOW end up with Scully?

Actually I find it funny - someone from the Club said what was it 2 weeks ago? we were likely to go with Martin and that was OK

Now the President repeats it and you'd think the world was about to end  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »

How does this mean we will NOW end up with Scully?

Actually I find it funny - someone from the Club said what was it 2 weeks ago? we were likely to go with Martin and that was OK

Now the President repeats it and you'd think the world was about to end  :rollin

Oh ok WP MAYBE, MAYBE we will get Scully. That comment was made 2 weeks ago when Scully was a certain to go at No.1, now APPARENTLY over the past 2 WEEKS he has been checked out and his knee is not 100% so the Dees MAY go for Martin instead IMO IMO IMO!!!! March's comments now at this point in time ar stupid IMO IMO.

BTW, I have been watching and you seem to ridicule just about all my posts, forum it is but back the stuff off man.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
what an absolute tool is our very own president.

seriously ive had an abolute gutfall of the comments this guy makes in public.

I wouldnt care as much if he listed 5 or 6 players but to only single out 2 shows his hand to the demons before the cards are played.

WP your missing the point no preseident should ever declare his/her hand before the draft. Its unprofessional practise.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »
what an absolute tool is our very own president.

seriously ive had an abolute gutfall of the comments this guy makes in public.

I wouldnt care as much if he listed 5 or 6 players but to only single out 2 shows his hand to the demons before the cards are played.

WP your missing the point no preseident should ever declare his/her hand before the draft. Its unprofessional practise.

100% Agree!!

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »

I understand the point daniel but he isn't the first and he wont be the last. Go back to when the Doggies drafted Cooney and you may find Smorgan did the same thing

In the overall scheme of things I don't think it's the end of the world...

Should he have done it? Nope but he did and thats that  :thumbsup

Oh ok WP MAYBE, MAYBE we will get Scully. That comment was made 2 weeks ago when Scully was a certain to go at No.1, now APPARENTLY over the past 2 WEEKS he has been checked out and his knee is not 100% so the Dees MAY go for Martin instead IMO IMO IMO!!!! March's comments now at this point in time ar stupid IMO IMO.

BTW, I have been watching and you seem to ridicule just about all my posts, forum it is but back the eff off man.

My point was very simple there is a very big difference between "we will NOW get so 'n' so" and "we MAYBE"

If the Demons go for Martin they go for Martin. It will be how it will be....

The top 3 picks are standouts by all reports so we are going to get a very good player. End of the day that's all we want.

And regarding your last comment I don't believe I am ridiculing you but if you believe that I am - Sorry  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)