Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915554 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1485 on: January 07, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »
I forgot to add Morton and Nahas were also in the rehab group although I don't know what was wrong with them.

Also during each drink break every player was told to start leaning and pushing against someone else as they walked off just to test their fitness out further.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:39:26 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1486 on: January 07, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »
Pics from today's training .....

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Jacko, Lids and JON lead their group home // Whitey and Collo finish first

Moore, Newy and Jack (obscured) // End of a 100m sprint

Foley finished clear in front of Thomo, Edwards and co. // Whitey and Rainesy in front

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1487 on: January 07, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Silvester shows his anguish after the running // Cambo brings homework for the midfield group

Jack (obscured) askes Cambo he wants to be a mid lol like Lids, Whitey and Rainesy // Edwards and Hughes

Hughes, Rance, Edwards, Gourdis and Putt // Jack shooting for goal watched on by Plough and the coaching staff

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1488 on: January 07, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
Thanks MT

And isn't it delightful to see the stands at old Vic Park looking in such good nic  :help ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1489 on: January 07, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »
and how's the condition of that dung heap?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1490 on: January 07, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1491 on: January 07, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »
Brilliant report as always MT. :thumbsup

Looks like bloody hard work from where I am sitting.

Not great news about Connors and Cotchin particularly. Both these guys missed slabs of last pre season too. :-\

Other notes:
How is Cogs keeping up with the rest of the group?
By the looks of the photos he seems to be well holding his own. Very encouraging. :)
Please tell more.

The boys are looking super fit.
Kel Moore particularly looks fantastic as do White & Jackson.

Lastly seems the team have a good rapport with each other particularly the youngsters.
Good to see.

Thanks again.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1492 on: January 07, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
Nice to see most of our side with bodies about ready to compete at AFL level.
Even Putt looks a nice size for a second year player. Polo still looks thin - especially those sailor legs as Wallace calls it.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1493 on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »
The surface is a lush green colour so it looks in decent enough nick. I didn't go out and walk on it to notice how hard it is under foot. Hopefully we've had enough rain in Melbourne to soften it up enough so we don't need to worry about stress fractures as in previous years. This year will be the last time we'll need to train at Vic Park with Craigieburn almost ready thank god.

Off-field the stands and all deserve to be levelled. Dung heap is a good description. So much for the Pies caring about their traditions eh! :chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1494 on: January 07, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
By the looks of the photos he seems to be well holding his own. Very encouraging. :)
Please tell more.
No probs Magic.

Well the word I heard out of the club today is "Cogs is burning" as far as training goes but I guess we'll have to see how he goes in actual matches even the intra-club ones before we know where he is exactly at. All clubs are saying their players are burning at this time of the year. He was moving perfectly fine and if you only saw him for the first time today you wouldn't have guessed he is coming off two-knees and OP over the past 5 years. I was also told via a friend that the club is slightly concerned about him in packs (how his body will cope) but there's no stopping Cogs as he knows no other way than hard at the footy.

Just as an aside the club has finally realised from Gary Ablett jnr and Daniel Kerr that you need 'blockers' around stoppages who can not only win the ball but also when they don't have it protect your best mids like Foley from being continually targetted and crunched by the opposition. Hence us chasing after Adam Thomson.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1495 on: January 07, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
The surface is a lush green colour so it looks in decent enough nick. I didn't go out and walk on it to notice how hard it is under foot. Hopefully we've had enough rain in Melbourne to soften it up enough so we don't need to worry about stress fractures as in previous years. This year will be the last time we'll need to train at Vic Park with Craigieburn almost ready thank god.

Off-field the stands and all deserve to be levelled. Dung heap is a good description. So much for the Pies caring about their traditions eh! :chuck

doesnt matter where that mob set up camp, it still wont bring them they success they think it will, the only tradition they have now is that god awful jumper.

and the funny thing is that they all follow the Pied piper and hang on his every word....what a gullible mob they are. :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1496 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »
From the pictures Cogs certainly looks he's able to keep up around mid-pack in the sprints which is a good sign
He's clearly ahead of Tuck in the 100m and we all now how well Tucky went in the 2nd half of last year so I don't think lack of pace will be the issue.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1497 on: January 08, 2009, 08:54:19 AM »
Is that JON coming near last in the 100m sprint?

I thought he was one of our quickest?!?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1498 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »
Please tell more.
No probs Magic.

Well the word I heard out of the club today is "Cogs is burning" as far as training goes but I guess we'll have to see how he goes in actual matches even the intra-club ones before we know where he is exactly at. All clubs are saying their players are burning at this time of the year. He was moving perfectly fine and if you only saw him for the first time today you wouldn't have guessed he is coming off two-knees and OP over the past 5 years. I was also told via a friend that the club is slightly concerned about him in packs (how his body will cope) but there's no stopping Cogs as he knows no other way than hard at the footy.

Great to hear. Boy do I hope Mark makes it back. :bow
Cogs like Cousins will need game time now.
Match fitness is a whole new ball game after missing so much senior footy.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1499 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:43 AM »
Is that JON coming near last in the 100m sprint?

I thought he was one of our quickest?!?

Yeah, looks like him but if you look at the first photo he is right up there with Jackson and Deledio so there must be a reason for it.