Author Topic: LMAO @ Ben Hollands Mad Monday.  (Read 5482 times)

Ox

LMAO @ Ben Hollands Mad Monday.
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:48:10 AM »
Mad Monday is a green light for AFL footballers to be drunk in public and act like arsholes.

They wonder why anyone would get pizzed off with them - lol

What r ur thoughts on Mad Monday?

THE AFL is under pressure to ban Mad Mondays after another drunken disgrace left one footballer injured and another in trouble.

Melbourne forward Ben Holland was allegedly injured after a scuffle broke out when he tried to help teammate Nathan Carroll into a taxi.

The alleged incident outside St Kilda's Barkly Hotel early yesterday followed a long drinking session known as Mad Monday to mark the end of the footy season.

It is believed Holland needed medical treatment.

Melbourne Football Club is investigating the incident, which follows anger over the shocking antics of Carlton star Brendan Fevola.

Premier John Brumby lashed the Blues forward who paraded outside a city bar in a nightie with a sex toy protruding from his pants.

Mr Brumby condemned the Mad Monday disgrace as a very poor example to the community.

"The (players') behaviour is inappropriate," he said.

"You expect footballers to have a bit of fun and let off a bit of steam at the end of the year but you don't expect them to parade around Federation Square in public the way these footballers were.

"All of our elite athletes set an example to the rest of the community and this is a very poor example to set."

The AFL had no comment last night but police have not ruled out laying a charge of offensive behaviour against Fevola.

"It all depends on anyone making an official complaint," a spokesman said.

Australian Family Association spokeswoman Angela Conway said the AFL should take responsibility for the players' behaviour.

"The league continually markets the game to families and yet this sort of behaviour is regularly going on," she said.

"If children were to witness that in public they would be very confused about issues of sexuality and so on.

"The behaviour that was publicly displayed was utterly contemptuous of the feelings of women, and the needs of children and family."

Banning Mad Monday might not be on the AFL's agenda but league boss Andrew Demetriou yesterday indicated the finals series could be extended to nine or 10 teams when the new Gold Coast and Sydney clubs joined the competition.

Women's Forum Australia director Melinda Tankard Reist said player behaviour was a serious issue.

"Women have a right to walk freely in public spaces and not be sexually harassed," she said.

"It is quite intimidating. I hope the club is going to take the strongest possible action," she said.

Fevola was yesterday unashamed about his behaviour.

"It was Mad Monday. Are you embarrassed being here? Well you should be," he said to a reporter before escaping into a cab and slamming the door.

Melbourne football manager Chris Connolly said the club had been working on policy that not only limited players' alcohol intake, but encouraged them to support those who drank too much.

"It's that very situation that might have led to (the incident)," Connolly said.

"I think Ben was trying to encourage Nathan (to go home) when he may have had too much to drink."

Connolly said the club had tried to put an end to the Mad Monday binge sessions.

"My understanding is the behaviour of all the players was outstanding except . . . for the behaviour of Nathan."

Carroll was involved in bar fights in Greece and Germany last summer and was at one stage locked up in jail.

Melbourne suspended him for the first two pre-season matches for what it labelled a "lack of professionalism".

Moi

Re: LMAO @ Ben Hollands Mad Monday.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
I thought Ben Holland was incapable of having an aggressive bone in his body lol

Doesn't worry me if they have a Mad Monday, especially Collingwood and Carlton players  ;)

bushranger

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »
I couldn't agree with you any more that what you have stated Moi

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »
I thought Ben Holland was incapable of having an aggressive bone in his body lol
I don't think he does, I reckon Carroll went at him for trying to put him in a cab

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
who fcukin cares, let them do what they want.

let them enjoy their 20's as long as they arent doing a didak who cares if they wear fancy dress .poo.

who the hell is brumby to comment on this crap anyway. he needs to look at himself before throwing stones at others.

LOSER

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
Australian Family Association spokeswoman Angela Conway....

Another silly tart on a power trip.

WTF is the Australian Family Association? How do they speak for all families?

Somehow Mad Monday is threatening the nuclear family...? If your kids look to footy players for guidance chances are you're a schit parent.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »
It's ok to say let 'em do what they want but it's not appropriate to be drunk in a public place where your actions are causing offence to other people.  Have your Mad Monday, throw up, get naked, whatever but don't impinge on other's basic rights to walk the streets unmolested and unoffended.  They could do this anywhere behind 'closed' doors and not impact on anyone else.  And why am I not surprised that the A Class moron Fevola is in the middle of it.  Would be interested to see his reaction if a drunken yobbo approached his young daughter with a dildo, waving it around and striking her on the head with it.  A goose with no peers.

Ox

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
The only reason for going to a club or bar is to get a root or check out chicks you would like to root
but can't because u have a girlfriend.

Nothing worse than pist nuts trying to get a root playing the afl footballer card - lmao@ that. :thumbsup

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
The only reason for going to a club or bar is to get a root or check out chicks you would like to root
but can't because u have a girlfriend.

Nothing worse than pist nuts trying to get a root playing the afl footballer card - lmao@ that. :thumbsup

Its better than getting nothing isn't it Ox.

I remember using that line a few years ago at Star Bar and it worked a treat. They are so dumb some of the girls there, all you need to do is whisper the words "i play footy and they are all over you like a rash"

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:58:57 PM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
No worries Danielle  :thumbsup

So ur saying that the line worked,even for you ... ? :scream

Moi

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 01:11:50 PM »
Brackets, I think Markie - I think that's his name  ;) - would like Danielle  ;)
Should introduce him maybe  ;D

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »
Women's Forum Australia director Melinda Tankard Reist said player behaviour was a serious issue.

"Women have a right to walk freely in public spaces and not be sexually harassed," she said.

"It is quite intimidating. I hope the club is going to take the strongest possible action," she said.

What the flippin' heck does that have to do with ANYTHING about Fevs actions?   :-\ :-\

I didnt see Fev trying to conduct surprise buttsex with any womens or turkey slap them with his toy.  Faaaarkin feminists.  :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

What the flippin' heck does that have to do with ANYTHING about Fevs actions?   :-\ :-\

I didnt see Fev trying to conduct surprise buttsex with any womens or turkey slap them with his toy.  Faaaarkin feminists.  :scream
Sorry to disagree TA but IMHO running around with a large dildo hanging from your pants and then hitting people over the head with it does constitute harassment of a sexual nature - "sexual harassment", and it is much more likely to offend women than men.  There is a time and a place - and choosing the correct one of those certainly isn't Brendan "Mensa" Fevola's strongpoint.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

Sorry to disagree TA but IMHO running around with a large dildo hanging from your pants and then hitting people over the head with it does constitute harassment of a sexual nature - "sexual harassment", and it is much more likely to offend women than men.  There is a time and a place - and choosing the correct one of those certainly isn't Brendan "Mensa" Fevola's strongpoint.

I have not read anything about that anywhere, in fact thats the first article about it I've bothered to read so I must have missed that part of his day.

Thats probably not quite right but it's still a massive beat up story.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »
No worries Danielle  :thumbsup

So ur saying that the line worked,even for you ... ? :scream

well brackets if u call having a woman from star bar fondle with your private parts at 3am working then yeah im guilty as charged
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:43:11 PM by WilliamPowell »