Author Topic: New team for Richmond amateurs as local footy moves to strenghten community ties  (Read 699 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New team for Richmond amateurs as local footy moves to strenghten community ties with Tigers

Paula Maud
    March 16, 2013

Ty Vickery and Ivan Maric with Richmond Central players

Richmond's big ruckmen welcome local players to the Punt Rd oval. Supplied

THE golden yellow sash is a strong symbolic connection between the local, junior and AFL Richmond teams.

But the creation of a new under-18 Richmond Central Amateur Football Club sees links between the three levels strengthening.

RCAFC players met with Richmond Tigers' big rucks, Ivan Maric and Tyrone Vickery, last week and the new team manned chiefly from Richmond Junior Football Club players will get the opportunity to train at Punt Road Oval.

Former RJFC head coach Louis Binios will be taking the reins with the new team, the first under-age side at Richmond Central.

The team will have the Kevin Bartlett Reserve as its home ground.

Mr Binios said the creation of the Under 18 team provided an opportunity to build on the strength of junior teams which had been playing in the Yarra Junior Football League.

“We have a solid group of players to base the side on, but we could certainly use a few more.” Mr Binios said.
Players need to be born on or after July 1,1994 in order to be eligible to play in the new team.

Anyone interested in playing should phone Louis Binios on 0414 626 395, or email contact@rcafc.com.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/central/new-team-for-richmond-amateurs-as-local-footy-moves-to-strenghten-community-ties-with-tigers/story-fngnvlpt-1226597471035

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Gee wizz, my old club has come a long way with ties to RFC. When  i was involved early 90s i requested a signed footy for our banquet auction, instead, i got a poster ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

well said Bo..gee they have come a long way...well done snakes

Bo i reckon in the 90s you did well to get a poster out of RFC.Fresh from the save our skins campaign i would have thought a bag of mixed lollies from RFC would have been about as good as it got

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Kicking on arent they, u18 side who would have thought :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
If I remember correct they wouldn't let us use Richmond, that's why Richmond central

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
And that's classic - the team that was born of Richmond being poo  :rollin