Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 412927 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1800 on: June 09, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »
What sort of deal could we get for trading Lynch?

Trade him to Melbourne for their first rounder (probably low around 20).

The rate this guy is going since 2019 we would be better off with the cap space to spend on CCJ + Chol.

:facepalm

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1801 on: June 09, 2021, 11:12:49 AM »
Short memory that first season he was basically a big reason we won the flag same as last year had a huge influence no idea some people.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:24:54 PM by georgies31 »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1802 on: June 09, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »
Dimma's update on Lynch:

“Tommy is going well. He’s probably tracking really well,” Hardwick added.

“He’s back in Melbourne obviously, which is a little bit tough, but he’s doing a power of work in rehab.

“We look forward to getting him back. He was carrying that injury for a little while.

“It’s funny, once he’s had the surgery he realised how much it was holding him back with regard to his movement. That’s going to be a real positive for us.

Source: SEN

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1803 on: June 09, 2021, 02:28:44 PM »

The rate this guy is going since 2019 we would be better off with the cap space to spend on CCJ + Chol.

I'm exaggerating but they are the type of club that might bite. Ben Brown hasn't worked out and they are surely in the flag running.

Short memory that first season he was basically a big reason we won the flag same as last year had a huge influence no idea some people.

He was huge in 2019. Modest in 2020. Quite average in 2021. Jack and CCJ have both looked better. It's concerning and if he doesn't return to form in the second half of the year is it worth losing guys like CCJ + Chol for him?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1804 on: June 09, 2021, 05:54:46 PM »

I'm exaggerating but they are the type of club that might bite. Ben Brown hasn't worked out and they are surely in the flag running.

He was huge in 2019. Modest in 2020. Quite average in 2021. Jack and CCJ have both looked better. It's concerning and if he doesn't return to form in the second half of the year is it worth losing guys like CCJ + Chol for him?
Understand your points,  but let's see him return from the injury he had.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1805 on: June 09, 2021, 07:45:24 PM »

Understand your points,  but let's see him return from the injury he had.

Was poor last year like most key position forwards and has been playing injured for majority of this season. Let’s not get carried away by a couple of good games from chol and CJ and think they are better players than Tom.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1806 on: June 09, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »
You're the only bloke talking sense in here, TK.

stuff me.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1807 on: June 09, 2021, 10:31:21 PM »
agree. Get him back firing for September.

It's bloke like him that will get us a 3 peat.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1808 on: June 09, 2021, 11:32:52 PM »
His demolition of Geelong in the 2019 final was extraordinary

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1809 on: June 10, 2021, 03:18:58 AM »
As I said ..just move Jack up the ground and we can play 'em all ..easy peasy cheesy peas.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1810 on: June 10, 2021, 09:16:18 AM »
Not saying Lynch is worse than the other two.

Nor am I saying we should commit to trading him either.

Just saying we really need to see him return to form this year, elsewise we are going into 2022 and still talking about his form from 3 seasons ago. He was supposed to be the successor to Jack but Jack has outplayed him the last two years and will be 33 at season's end. We have talls in CCJ and Chol showing promise and will struggle to afford to keep them.

Is Lynch having a form slump, or is he doing a Rioli and we could be looking at the new baseline?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1811 on: June 10, 2021, 09:34:17 AM »
We are in a good position, traded players and we now have draft picks. Regarding our list we have opportunities so why not investigate them? Tom in form and firing is a formidable player.
Any of our top players would be gutted if we put them up for trade IWI.

But in this dynamic environment RFC should investigate all options while maintaining team harmony and balance.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1812 on: June 10, 2021, 09:51:12 AM »
People reckon his tradeable do you understand he has been hampered by injury this year ?.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1813 on: June 10, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »
People reckon his tradeable do you understand he has been hampered by injury this year ?.

Please. It's not like he was particularly good last year.

He's been mediocre since 2019.

If he's not clunking marks, which he often isnt, then he's just a lumbering down the line target.

His set shot kicking has been poor recently too.

Not saying he's crap by any stretch. But he's not the superstar CHF that I was expecting.

And our forward line hasn't exactly imploded without him.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1814 on: June 10, 2021, 10:26:00 AM »
The qualifying final against lions last year showed how badly we needed lynch