Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- Bulldogs Rd 3  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Tiger Team -v- Bulldogs Rd 3
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »

Possibly fitter but no chance he is faster and saying his solely a defender? He played in the middle at times and is a HBF, these days they get just about as much ball as midfielders. Proves just there you're playing favourites

Yep, he's faster.  Was beating White in the time trials all summer.

Yep, solely as a defender.  Went through the midfield at times in his role as a linkman but played off the halfback line.  And whether defenders get as much ball as midfielders nowadays is irrelevant to the argument of comparing White to Ellis.  Houli can get more possessions than Tuck but you can't compare them because they play in different field positions with different roles - same for White and Ellis.  Houli plays a very similar role to Ellis - do you think he should be compared to White?
Time trials are 3 to 5 km's though smokey, White has got some serious toe for burst speed and would leave most in his dust in a sprint.

Yeah, I know.  I was being a bit cheeky with the faster bit!   ;D

Reeled me in  :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 11:01:42 AM »

If Ellis goes out Val, Knights or White could play his role, all the same.

Rubbish.  Knights is a mid/forward - an upgrade on White and plays (has always played) a diametrically opposed role to the one Ellis has played so far in his career.  Vlastuin has never played a game of senior AFL.  When Vlastuin makes his debut I'm sure he will be put in a similar role to that of Ellis and Conca before him - developing the next generation of mids by teaching them defence and accountability first.  But again, how the hell can you realistically and honestly compare Ellis to a mid/forward or a rookie?  If you want to make a comparison then at least be fair to Ellis and wait until he is pushed upfield so you are at least in the ballpark of comparing apples to apples.  Talk about hanging a kid without a fair trial!!

Funny how Knights was subbed for Ellis and they played the same role....... :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »
Probably explains why he didn't have any impact either, seeing that he has been playing a completely different role thus far in his career.   :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »
Probably explains why he didn't have any impact either, seeing that he has been playing a completely different role thus far in his career.   :banghead

So what! Should be able to play where they put him, point is he is in the same boat as Knights, Val and White! He will be out next week.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »

"If Ellis goes out Val, Knights or White could play his role, all the same."

Turns out Knights couldn't play Ellis' role and vice versa.  Thats all.  Pretty much what I said and you keep trying to deny and divert.

So what! Should be able to play where they put him, point is he is in the same boat as Knights, Val and White! He will be out next week.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So based on that premise Maric should be able to play full back and Jack should be able to rove?  What a load of claptrap!  And yes, I would expect Ellis to be dropped next week because 2 weeks in a row as sub should be the max for any player, but I reckon Knights should hold his spot because I don't think there is a match up for Batchelor again this week.  Vlas might get a green jacket.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »

Turns out Knights couldn't play Ellis' role and vice versa.  Thats all.  Pretty much what I said and you keep trying to deny and divert.

So based on that premise Maric should be able to play full back and Jack should be able to rove?  What a load of claptrap!  And yes, I would expect Ellis to be dropped next week because 2 weeks in a row as sub should be the max for any player, but I reckon Knights should hold his spot because I don't think there is a match up for Batchelor again this week.  Vlas might get a green jacket.

Although I get your point I think Jack could make a good rover  :shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »

Although I get your point I think Jack could make a good rover  :shh

Not saying I like him or anything like that......but I agree