Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462883 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:10 PM »
You cannot justify that he is petulant and lazy at all Froars.  He worked like a effing dog on Sunday.  He was busting packs, chasing people down half the length of the field, I mean what else do you want him to do?  When was he effing petulant ? 
A couple of weeks ago he was sulking and petulant. Even the media got on board and highlighted it.
They know, and I know, he can deliver more and more consistently.
Don't let him off the hook just because he's the great white hope
You treat him like a hero before he's actually done anything, you will get more of the same, which is one week good, three weeks bad
We need him to perform CONSISTENTLY.
You're in for a lot of disappointments if you accept mediocrity.
The trouble for him is I see him as a leader of this club, but he's still a kid
We desperately need leaders to put their hand up.
It's not his fault we're rudderless, but if he wants to put his moniker on this club and own it, he has to perform every week and lead the way.
Just calling it how I see it, mate.
I know he's talented but he's also lazy IMO
That was one bloody game, give it a rest

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2010, 05:36:36 AM »
Hardwick talking about Jack in his latest EOTT report:

"The forward line remains our main area of concern at the moment.  But, in saying that, we’re rapt with the form of Jack Riewoldt.  It was a terrific sign for the future to see Jack, at age 21, take the game by the scruff of the neck, pull down some excellent contested marks, and finish with four goals.  Not only is he having an impact on the scoreboard, he’s currently the competition’s leading tackler in the forward-50 area, which underlines his all-round value to the team."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/ARCHIVEPAGES/SecureSignonTest/GreenbergsGrabs/tabid/15918/Default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2010, 08:16:09 AM »
I didn't buy into the media's interpretation of what Jack was doing or thinking, they are in no position to be psycho-analysing video bites.  Other than that, on field he doesn't show petulance at all.  He does a lot of chatting to his team mates which is good.  He has steadily improved over the course of this year improving his performance, accuracy and score tally.  The 'laziness' I think came from earlier games when he was blown and was not up to the pursuit.  A lot of our players have suffered from a lack of endurance through the matches this year and it has steadily improved as they have run into fitness.  A few teams have used this technique in the past to run teams into fitness.  So I don't agree that he is a lazy or petulant player Froars, I agree he needs to be consistent but I think that now that fitness has improved across the team, he can push himself more comfortably for longer and will be able to deliver what you ask.  :cheers

I'm fully with you on this Owl.  I also, didn't buy into that half time vision analysis - could have been a thousand reasons why we saw the snippets we saw and unless the coach in question admitted that he wanted and didn't have Riewoldt's full attention at that moment then I remained very unconvinced that it warranted the witch-hunt that the commentators gave it.  The club never came out and uttered one sentence in response - a sure indicator that there is nothing to see here, move on.  And as far as lazy goes, I specifically watched for it on Sunday and I couldn't have been more impressed with his work rate as a forward, offensively and defensively.  He is leading the league's forwards in tackles and 2nd overall in our team for tackles.  That is not an indicator of a player even anywhere remotely near lazy.  Yes, he has a lot to learn about the game (paying more apparent attention to a coach during a break might even be one of those things) and needs to build his motor to run out games faster and longer but he certainly doesn't deserve the criticism he gets from some in here.  Might I suggest that those criticizing him loudest are those in fact wishing for him to be the Great White Hope and their impatience is frustrating them to blame.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
 :clapping

Mind baffiling at suggestions JAck is lazy.

1st in AFL in tackles in D50. Enough said.

Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »
Daly talking about Jack....

Despite criticism of the Tigers' lack of firepower in attack, Daly - the club's forwards coach - said fourth-year player Jack Riewoldt had been outstanding.

Riewoldt has kicked 19 goals this season, with Robin Nahas (seven) the side's next best contributor.

"I've spent a lot of time with Jack," Daly said. "When you come from another club you've got your own opinions on players and I had my own opinion, which I'll keep to myself.

"For a guy of only 21, he's doing an unbelievable job for us. He is No.1 in the AFL for tackles inside forward 50 and has something like 36 shots on goal which is up there with the top rank.

"If you look at him he is probably not a key forward. I can't question Jack's ability or what he does week in, week out.

"The challenge for him is to make sure he keeps that consistency and strives to be a better player."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94652/default.aspx

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »
Decided to do a little research...

After 54 games Jarred Roughead had kicked 50 goals.

After 54 games Johnathon Brown had kicked 53 goals

After 54 games Nick Riewoldt had kicked 53 goals

After 54 games Jack Riewoldt has kicked 76 goals

After 54 games Fev had kicked 99 goals

After 54 games Buddy Franklin had kicked 115 goals.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: May 21, 2010, 05:47:45 AM »
Decided to do a little research...

After 54 games Jarred Roughead had kicked 50 goals.

After 54 games Johnathon Brown had kicked 53 goals

After 54 games Nick Riewoldt had kicked 53 goals

After 54 games Jack Riewoldt has kicked 76 goals

After 54 games Fev had kicked 99 goals

After 54 games Buddy Franklin had kicked 115 goals.

That is BS Mat, he is at RFC and should have kicked 176 goals.

No excuse none,zip,nein - Wallace the nuffer has killed this club by recruiting this dud

Signed The Guest

the claw

« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »

Despite criticism of the Tigers' lack of firepower in attack, Daly - the club's forwards coach - said fourth-year player Jack Riewoldt had been outstanding.

Riewoldt has kicked 19 goals this season, with Robin Nahas (seven) the side's next best contributor.

"I've spent a lot of time with Jack," Daly said. "When you come from another club you've got your own opinions on players and I had my own opinion, which I'll keep to myself.

"For a guy of only 21, he's doing an unbelievable job for us. He is No.1 in the AFL for tackles inside forward 50 and has something like 36 shots on goal which is up there with the top rank.

"If you look at him he is probably not a key forward. I can't question Jack's ability or what he does week in, week out.

"The challenge for him is to make sure he keeps that consistency and strives to be a better player."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94652/default.aspx
dear mr daly. if jack aint a kp can you please tell us exactly what he is then. he fits every kp category  you could wish for. while hes no power forward atm hes one decent kpp. you lost me with that comment mr daly. the only real area hes lacking in is size but that is slowly coming.  the other weakness is perhaps pace  not quick of the mark  so ff is out, but works damn hard  is super smart great in the air and puts his body on the line.
i dunno perhaps we are talking about a different player.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2010, 11:07:14 PM »
Doubt there'll be any 'trade Riewoldt' talk tonight. He's on track for a 60-goal season. As we know he needs help up there and others to kick goals. Why Dimma wants Griffiths in the seniors as soon as he's right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »
The fact any human being can look past our defiencies and pin point Riewoldt is problem is hilarious.

One of the funniest moments watching the football tonight during a lull in the last qtr and Jack snapped another goal. I turned to my mate and said "On this Richmond forum some people have talked all year that we should get rid of Riewoldt." He spat his coke all over the Essendon supporter in front :)

Absolute circus talk. Just slop on a plate.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2010, 12:24:43 AM »
The fact any human being can look past our defiencies and pin point Riewoldt is problem is hilarious.

One of the funniest moments watching the football tonight during a lull in the last qtr and Jack snapped another goal. I turned to my mate and said "On this Richmond forum some people have talked all year that we should get rid of Riewoldt." He spat his coke all over the Essendon supporter in front :)

Absolute circus talk. Just slop on a plate.

Popelord you are one of the biggest poo on lips l come across

Tigermonk

« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »
Yes Rewoldt is lazy at times & likes to bark himself up
Very good game from Jack tonight & if he continues to be consistant every week then l will be happy to call him a good player.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
Yes Rewoldt is lazy at times & likes to bark himself up
Very good game from Jack tonight & if he continues to be consistant every week then l will be happy to call him a good player.

I am sure that will mean a lot to him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:14 AM »
Riewoldt on track to be a champ, says Hardwick
richmondfc.com.au
By Matt Burgan 12:08 AM Sun 23 May, 2010

JACK Riewoldt is playing as well as star Hawthorn duo Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead did at his age, says Richmond coach Damien Hardwick. 

Riewoldt equalled his career-best haul of six goals in Saturday night's 35-point loss to Essendon, and the ex-Hawk assistant was impressed with what he saw.

"He's going to be a good player, that kid," said Hardwick after the match. "He's 21 years of age and he's kicked a number of goals. The most important thing, though, is that he's leading the league in inside-50 tackles, which for us, is an outstanding achievement.

"I've been lucky enough to see a couple of young key forwards going around at Hawthorn and he's right up there at this stage.

"He competes really well and he uses his body probably as good as anyone I've seen for his age. The key with Jack is he's just got to develop that consistency going forward, because we're still waiting for another couple of the other key forwards to step up to help him out."

Hardwick said Riewoldt's form was also stacking up against some of the other elite forwards in the competition after nine rounds.

"Jack's only 21 years of age and he's had as many shots on goal as Brendan Fevola and Jonathan Brown," he said.

"So for a side that at the moment is down the wrong end of the ladder, he's competing really, really well - probably against the premier defenders as well.

"He's our number one forward."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94830/default.aspx

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »

dear mr daly. if jack aint a kp can you please tell us exactly what he is then. he fits every kp category  you could wish for. while hes no power forward atm hes one decent kpp. you lost me with that comment mr daly. the only real area hes lacking in is size but that is slowly coming.  the other weakness is perhaps pace  not quick of the mark  so ff is out, but works damn hard  is super smart great in the air and puts his body on the line.
i dunno perhaps we are talking about a different player.

I've wondered about this too. Hardwick has also said this a number of times, yet his height, weight and performance seems to measure up OK against some of the KPFs in the league at similar stages of their career.
Now I'm wondering if these statements are simply a tactic to challenge Jack to really stand up
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI