Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462897 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #510 on: June 21, 2010, 07:15:44 AM »
Another good game from Jack. His marking is great to watch.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #511 on: June 21, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
I liked that he didn't get carried away and try and kick a bag. With all the hype it might have been a tempting thing to do. But he stuck to doing the team thing. Even when it wasn't the right decision (e.g. the handball to Deledio on the run from around the 50 arc when he could have gone back and roosted it) it showed he is thinking team before himself.

Tigermonk

« Reply #512 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
I liked that he didn't get carried away and try and kick a bag. With all the hype it might have been a tempting thing to do. But he stuck to doing the team thing. Even when it wasn't the right decision (e.g. the handball to Deledio on the run from around the 50 arc when he could have gone back and roosted it) it showed he is thinking team before himself.

if you call that team thing & not thinking of himself lol

l call it a stupid decision by Rewoldt & keeping Brisbane in the game when it could have been a possible goal from a set shot.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #513 on: June 21, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
I'd prefer the ball in delideo's hands from 50m than Jacks
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #514 on: June 21, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »

Ditto best long shot in the team although Newman may get close

Tigermonk

« Reply #515 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »

same here AL but you dont handball to a player thats going to run into trouble the minute you had it off.
l would have dragged him & beat him up in the interchange box  ;D

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »

same here AL but you dont handball to a player thats going to run into trouble the minute you had it off.
l would have dragged him & beat him up in the interchange box  ;D

Deledio shouldn't have made the call..

Wasn't Jack's fault at all, he was thinking team though which is good

Tigermonk

« Reply #517 on: June 21, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »

Deledio shouldn't have made the call..

Wasn't Jack's fault at all, he was thinking team though which is good

Their both idiots for even trying it cause it was not on

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »
Saw this on BF's main board. Jack scores a goal once from every 3 times we kick the ball to him....

Updated figures after round 13 for the top 10 inside 50 targets and goals produced. Also a couple of honourable mentions to guys who feature highly in goals produced with less opportunity.

Fev 190 times = 42 goals - 22%
Hall 167 times = 46 goals - 27%
J Riewoldt 154 times = 48 goals - 32%
Brown 121 times = 35 goals - 28%
Tippett 116 times = 25 goals - 21%
Johnson 111 times = 36 goals - 32% *21 goal assists, highest in the comp
Franklin 111 times = 30 goals - 27%
Roughead 106 times = 28 goals - 26%
Kennedy 104 times = 35 goals - 33%
Pavlich 92 times = 40 goals - 43%

Honourable Mentions
Podsiadly 71 times = 29 goals - 41%
B Green = 77 times = 29 goals - 37%

As I mentioned last time, I realise this probably there are probably heaps of contributing factors, and it's not the be all and end all. I don't include small forwards given they often crumb opportunities from others being the I50 target.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18221407&postcount=34

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #519 on: July 04, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
Doubled team all day but still kicked another 5 goals  :clapping. Now 5 clear at the top of the goalkicking ladder :thumbsup

The AFL Record confirmed Jack is taller than his cousin - 195cm, 93kg compared to Nick who is 193cm, 98kg. Jack grew another 2cm over summer and has shot up 3cm since being drafted (weighed 86kg in his first year btw). Matt Hornsby said Collins, Cotchin and Polo have also shot up.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: July 04, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
Doubled team all day but still kicked another 5 goals  :clapping. Now 5 clear at the top of the goalkicking ladder :thumbsup

The AFL Record confirmed Jack is taller than his cousin - 195cm, 93kg compared to Nick who is 193cm, 98kg. Jack grew another 2cm over summer and has shot up 3cm since being drafted (weighed 86kg in his first year btw). Matt Hornsby said Collins, Cotchin and Polo have also shot up.

Jack said in an interview with Richo shown at half-time that he fibbed a bit to the footy record and he is probably 194cm/92kg. He said him and Nick are pretty much the same height but Nick a bit more bulk.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: July 04, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Saw this on BF's main board. Jack scores a goal once from every 3 times we kick the ball to him....

One thing with this, I hope we nip any Richo-itis in the bud our midfielders might develop in terms of always looking for one target. Actually today he still kicked 5, but Sydney did a better job than most teams have double teaming him. LRT is a goof and looked almost decent, Grundy was excellent initiating contact just as Jack was going to and consequently putting Jack off balance. Overall Jack hurt them in small parts of the game, but during most of the 2nd and 3rd we were just bombing it to Jack and hoping and they were rebounding and killing us. Got to get smarter here.

One thing that is nice - how good is it to have players who kick straight in the forward line. Jack's kicking is now very good and Griffiths looks one of the most natural set shots you'll ever see for an 18 y.o.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »

One thing with this, I hope we nip any Richo-itis in the bud our midfielders might develop in terms of always looking for one target. Actually today he still kicked 5, but Sydney did a better job than most teams have double teaming him. LRT is a goof and looked almost decent, Grundy was excellent initiating contact just as Jack was going to and consequently putting Jack off balance. Overall Jack hurt them in small parts of the game, but during most of the 2nd and 3rd we were just bombing it to Jack and hoping and they were rebounding and killing us. Got to get smarter here.

Spot on Jake, agree wholeheartedly with all this.

Tigermonk

« Reply #523 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
might have to get my old #8 jumper out  ;D l'm starting to like Rewoldt  :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: July 04, 2010, 11:38:16 PM »
Brilliant player who inspires and elevates those around him. If he can't mark it he brings it to ground and is great at keeping the ball alive when he can't pick up the ball in conjestion by kicking it along the ground (has to be his soccer background!). He could have easily kicked another tonight but instead set up Collins. Just a champion forward all round.

Stripes