Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462908 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #555 on: July 06, 2010, 02:33:50 PM »
Let me tell you FACT about Butcher's Grand Final game. firstly l was there & witnessed it, The ground was belted with winds so bad that every player on the ground had problems that day so that just beat up your little football knowledge & bagging of Butcher.  :rollin just getting the ball for a big player as much as he did that day was a excellent effort. On a good day that would have been 9 goals cause he was on fire. He also had a back injury playing that day  :lol
enjoy your Adelaide trip with ya mates
That doesn't explain the rest of his games with terrible conversion rates, nor does it explain the terrible ball drop and kicking action.

Infamy show me where your getting your facts from that prove what you just said
dont just give me one game where every footballer has a bad day

How about you prove me wrong. He slipped down the draft order for a very good reason.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #556 on: July 06, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »
Need a couple of more slides in your avatar wayne for Jack's latest two grabs  ;)

Done  ;)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #557 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
Monk I'll keep it simple.

Martin was a star junior and I was 100% in support to draft him, as was probably 90% of the forum. I don't need to find evidence it's all the way through the threads on countless occasions. Butcher was injured and had a terrible kicking style. His 1 goal and 8 behinds in his GF simple confirmed he wasn't a top 3 pick. There is nothing wrong with him getting drafted but I'm glad you weren't in charge of the recruiting department because if we had an injured Butcher with kicking problems on our list instead of Martin, the place could have self destructed by now.

Thats great for you that you can afford multiple membership across multiple clubs. A perfect example of someone having more money than sense.

Have no memory of you going on about Tuck, in fact I think everyone was supporting Tuck to comeback. If you have got one right out of 100 then congrats. You wont find me saying anything bad about Tuck. I don't bash our players like you do.

On a personal level I don't need to convince myself I'm better than someone on a forum lol, you validate it for me every time you post and embarrass yourself. Keep the insults coming old man.

A simple reply from a forum troll  :rollin

Let me tell you FACT about Butcher's Grand Final game. firstly l was there & witnessed it, The ground was belted with winds so bad that every player on the ground had problems that day so that just beat up your little football knowledge & bagging of Butcher.  :rollin just getting the ball for a big player as much as he did that day was a excellent effort. On a good day that would have been 9 goals cause he was on fire. He also had a back injury playing that day  :lol

every ground in the Gippsland that day was belted with gale force winds  :rollin & your bagging a player for 1G 8B  :rollin
premiership favorites had shock defeats  :rollin Mr Football

Now Martin was the perfect choice when getting talent & is one of the better 1st year drafts l seen at top level & good on the lad l never disputed his talent.  My prefered choice of draft was a taller player player to possibly fill 1 of 3 positions  ;D

But you mouth never mentioned Martin till the media mentioned him cause you aint got a clue & you already proved that cause you always avoid my points  :rollin

l answered all your points  ;D but you who say your connected with Eastern Ranges ah ah rubbish  :rollin l enjoy your posts Popelord.
becareful Popelord cause  ;D l never show all my cards up front & have some surprised up my sleeve for you ;D

did you enjoy your Adelaide trip with ya mates

I can hardly read your post with all your circus drawings.

Martin was easily number 1 choice. Recruiting you always go best available you don't waste a pick 3 pick on the best tall when his currency is at best a last first rounder.

Ive never bagged Butcher., he'll be a fine player but he was never a top 3-4 pick. He kicked 1 goal 8 behinds and 2 out on the full. Can't have been that bad to have a key posistion player have 11 shots on goal.  ::) When you draft forwards the most important KPI is goal accuracy. You can get as much of the ball as you want but if they can't kick then you have question marks.

How many times you want to contradict yourself..

You say Butcher was injured and should be excused for his performance. He's still injured, yet you are in and under in the arguments to bag Griffiths when he went down at Coburg and how we shouldn't have drafted an injured player.. I remember this argument.

You say we shouldn't analyse his ability on one performance. Well that's exactly what drafting is all about. Picking the talent from as much info as possible. There are only so many performances do be judged on at 17 years old. Yet you'll happily criticise Riewoldt our KPP at 20 years old on his one off bad performances and run his name through the mud.

Pick an argument Monk.

You don't even make sense talking about Eastern Ranges and I'm not interested in what you hide up your sleeves....

Adelaide trip was good mate, went to "The Palace" I'm sure you've been there a few times.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #558 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

How about you prove me wrong. He slipped down the draft order for a very good reason.

just what l already knew, you cant because your another forum troll

Tigermonk

« Reply #559 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »

Martin was a star junior and I was 100% in support to draft him, as was probably 90% of the forum. I don't need to find evidence it's all the way through the threads on countless occasions. Butcher was injured and had a terrible kicking style. His 1 goal and 8 behinds in his GF simple confirmed he wasn't a top 3 pick. There is nothing wrong with him getting drafted but I'm glad you weren't in charge of the recruiting department because if we had an injured Butcher with kicking problems on our list instead of Martin, the place could have self destructed by now.

Thats great for you that you can afford multiple membership across multiple clubs. A perfect example of someone having more money than sense.

Have no memory of you going on about Tuck, in fact I think everyone was supporting Tuck to comeback. If you have got one right out of 100 then congrats. You wont find me saying anything bad about Tuck. I don't bash our players like you do.

On a personal level I don't need to convince myself I'm better than someone on a forum lol, you validate it for me every time you post and embarrass yourself. Keep the insults coming old man.

every ground in the Gippsland that day was belted with gale force winds  :rollin & your bagging a player for 1G 8B  :rollin

Now Martin was the perfect choice when getting talent & is one of the better 1st year drafts l seen at top level & good on the lad l never disputed his talent.  My prefered choice of draft was a taller player player to possibly fill 1 of 3 positions  ;D

But you mouth never mentioned Martin till the media mentioned him cause you aint got a clue & you already proved that cause you always avoid my points  :rollin

l answered all your points  ;D but you who say your connected with Eastern Ranges ah ah rubbish  :rollin l enjoy your posts Popelord.
becareful Popelord cause  ;D l never show all my cards up front & have some surprised up my sleeve for you ;D

Popelord l cant read what you just wrote cause it all dribble
l have inserted in color maybe you can understand if l point a few things out for you. You talk about Butchers grand final like you were at the ground watching. You have no idea how bad the conditions were that day in 100 kph winds.

I can hardly read your post with all your circus drawings.  You are a circus poster so l thought it would help if people are laughing at you

Martin was easily number 1 choice. Recruiting you always go best available you don't waste a pick 3 pick on the best tall when his currency is at best a last first rounder.

Ive never bagged Butcher., he'll be a fine player but he was never a top 3-4 pick. He kicked 1 goal 8 behinds and 2 out on the full. Can't have been that bad to have a key posistion player have 11 shots on goal.  ::) When you draft forwards the most important KPI is goal accuracy. You can get as much of the ball as you want but if they can't kick then you have question marks.

premiership favorites had shock defeats in those conditions who were undefeated during the year 

where have l contradicted myself, l answered all your points but you & a few others seem to jump the main ones l point out.

You say Butcher was injured and should be excused for his performance. He's still injured, yet you are in and under in the arguments to bag Griffiths when he went down at Coburg and how we shouldn't have drafted an injured player.. I remember this argument.

yep high risk Griffiths had bad shoulders & everyone was talking about the risk he would be. oh since his been drafted his reinjured his shoulder. Been fixed & going again, for how long l hope for 10 years l like him. Glad his in the senior side & going well cause it was a huge risk & still maybe a huge risk, what if he breaks that shoulder this weekend what you going to say to me next week. so what l was talking about happened so whats your argument puppert

l know all about Butcher,  his played all his life in our local.  l speak to his father weekly. He was rated highly during the year,  so he went down a few places in the draft order but he was still taken. Now he has to prove himself & he might not even make it at that level cause he dont even know that himself yet. If he dont then l'm wrong about him

You say we shouldn't analyse his ability on one performance. Well that's exactly what drafting is all about. Maybe on your planet it is,  but not mine. That is so stupid what you have said Picking the talent from as much info as possible. There are only so many performances do be judged on at 17 years old. Yet you'll happily criticise Riewoldt our KPP at 20 years old on his one off bad performances and run his name through the mud.

Wrong most watched player are contacted when around 14 years of age & play in carnivals & other squads so again  your a fish out of water. Popelord give up & stop making a idiot out of yourself on things you dont know about
About Rewoldt his been at the club for a few years now & he was in a mess before Hardwick got there haha l judged him off many performaces thats why he was being dropped cause he was weak & confused
His ambition so he has told many is that he would like oneday to play along side his cousin Nick haha eat that

Pick an argument Monk.  just did

You don't even make sense talking about Eastern Ranges and I'm not interested in what you hide up your sleeves....

as l said to be a good liar you must have a good memory what you tell people

Adelaide trip was good mate, went to "The Palace" I'm sure you've been there a few times.

l dont go to gay bars so never been there but l'm sure you will tell us all about your good times there. Oh yes l hate Homo's for your info. hate anyone to think l like gay people

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
Don't know if you can say Riewoldt was in a horrendous state, there is such a thing as a developing stage.

Hardly any young draftees are ready to go like Martin was and even less so KP players.

The thing about Riewoldt was that when he went back down to Coburg he was always kicking bags.

the claw

« Reply #561 on: July 06, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
Um.... urgh.... I think we should trade Jack Riewoldt........

...... He doesn't do enough.

He was part of the 2006 draft that yeilded Collins, Conners, Edwards and King.

Who was in charge of recruiting that year?

:thumbsup
lol miller didnt think riewoldt would last to pick 8 so down traded it to pick 13 and gave up  pick 42  for  that champion polak sheesh. they effectively gave up any chance of getting riewoldt by trading out of a top 10 pick. just goes to show how inept those in charge were. its ironic miller and jackson survived on luck and got lucky with jack slipping.
many of us had him top 10  some as low as pick 5. in fact miller rated him but effectively threw away any chance of getting him in his mind. and why to get an underperforming glass half full in polak.
the rfc and its supporters can thank its lucky stars on lady luck because jack sure as hell didnt arrive due to good management.
Same BS and absolute codswallop on two boards now.  Jackson and Miller had ample evidence that Jack would slip to 13.  They laid it out in full at the 2006 pre-draft night.  Give up with your tired ignorant rants.
and here i am thinking of the talls they really wanted thorpe but were sure he would not make it to 8. they gave up on him, as well.
mate it was common knowledge and i can tell you among my group riewoldt was rated higher than mitch  to get either we were all certain we needed at  least pick 8. the other one i liked was sellar a lot had him slipping in my group and proved correct.
the one i liked a hell of a lot was leuenberger up until kruezer the best young ruckman i had seen.
riewoldt was highly rated by many and down trading to pick 13 was limiting our chances of getting him.
oh and for your info it came from millers mouth that he did not expect jack to be there at 13.  he said as much when we drafted him.

weather im right or wrong its not good managment taking the risk dont you think. as i said there were plenty who highly rated jack and we were lucky to get him where we did, you can call that what you like b/s codswallop will do  thats your perogative.
anyway miller would not have known much about any of the kids first hand heresay and second hand news and the odd video was how old greg operated at richmond.

the claw

« Reply #562 on: July 06, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
sheesh hes 21 shown plenty every yr. has only just matured physically with still a bit more size to add.hes regularly double teamed and there is no other help in the forward line or structure.

people say hes lazy but i just dont see it.if anyone has cause to drop his bundle each week it would be jack, again i just dont see it.
people dont realise just how good a player he is. hes done more than enough in his first 3 yrs.
hes one of very few who you could pencil in as a definate projecting 3 or 4 yrs down the track.
ah just thought id pull my own chain after all no one else is going to give out credit to us nay sayers.
still i wonder what people look at in players at times.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #563 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »
Coleman Medal betting (...luxbet.com...)

Riewoldt, Jack (Richmond)             2.00 
Hall, Barry (Western Bulldogs)       3.00 
Fevola, Brendan (Brisbane)            7.50 
Pavlich, Matthew (Fremantle)        12 
Franklin, Lance (Hawthorn)           15 
Podsiadly, James (Geelong)          17 
Johnson, Steve (Geelong)             41 
Milne, Stephen (St Kilda)              51 
Bradshaw, Daniel (Sydney)          101 
Brown, Jonathan (Brisbane)         101 
Kennedy, Josh (West Coast)        101
LeCras, Mark (West Coast)          101 
Roughead, Jarryd (Hawthorn)       101 

https://www.luxbet.com/index.php?cPath=3837&event_id=ALL&market_type_id=-&rd=1278419342#go_

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: July 06, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

I'm certainly not trolling no matter what you think. Not sure why I'm the one who has to go searching through match stats to prove you wrong, I think the fact Butcher slipped to Port is enough of a sign to show you that clubs had concerns on him when he was so dominant in other areas.
The problem is that match reviews don't show the behinds players kick, however from following the U18s throughout the year it was well known that Butcher butchered the ball.

I'm sure that won't stop you talking poo though and just ignoring the obvious evidence staring you in the face

Tigermonk

« Reply #565 on: July 06, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »

I'm certainly not trolling no matter what you think. Not sure why I'm the one who has to go searching through match stats to prove you wrong, I think the fact Butcher slipped to Port is enough of a sign to show you that clubs had concerns on him when he was so dominant in other areas.
The problem is that match reviews don't show the behinds players kick, however from following the U18s throughout the year it was well known that Butcher butchered the ball.

I'm sure that won't stop you talking poo though and just ignoring the obvious evidence staring you in the face

you put up no evidence your a liar  ;D

cause you cant troll want you need to back yourself about his supposed bad kicking.  You seen 1 article about him pre-draft that was misleading & incorrect & his kicking in a grand final in winds that nearly knocked players off thier feet & you judged him by that. l think this debate is done & dusted.

:rollin

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #566 on: July 07, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »

Popelord l cant read what you just wrote cause it all dribble
l have inserted in color maybe you can understand if l point a few things out for you. You talk about Butchers grand final like you were at the ground watching. You have no idea how bad the conditions were that day in 100 kph winds.

I can hardly read your post with all your circus drawings.  You are a circus poster so l thought it would help if people are laughing at you

premiership favorites had shock defeats in those conditions who were undefeated during the year 

where have l contradicted myself, l answered all your points but you & a few others seem to jump the main ones l point out.

yep high risk Griffiths had bad shoulders & everyone was talking about the risk he would be. oh since his been drafted his reinjured his shoulder. Been fixed & going again, for how long l hope for 10 years l like him. Glad his in the senior side & going well cause it was a huge risk & still maybe a huge risk, what if he breaks that shoulder this weekend what you going to say to me next week. so what l was talking about happened so whats your argument puppert

l know all about Butcher,  his played all his life in our local.  l speak to his father weekly. He was rated highly during the year,  so he went down a few places in the draft order but he was still taken. Now he has to prove himself & he might not even make it at that level cause he dont even know that himself yet. If he dont then l'm wrong about him

You say we shouldn't analyse his ability on one performance. Well that's exactly what drafting is all about. Maybe on your planet it is,  but not mine. That is so stupid what you have said Picking the talent from as much info as possible. There are only so many performances do be judged on at 17 years old. Yet you'll happily criticise Riewoldt our KPP at 20 years old on his one off bad performances and run his name through the mud.

Wrong most watched player are contacted when around 14 years of age & play in carnivals & other squads so again  your a fish out of water. Popelord give up & stop making a idiot out of yourself on things you dont know about
About Rewoldt his been at the club for a few years now & he was in a mess before Hardwick got there haha l judged him off many performaces thats why he was being dropped cause he was weak & confused
His ambition so he has told many is that he would like oneday to play along side his cousin Nick haha eat that

Pick an argument Monk.  just did

as l said to be a good liar you must have a good memory what you tell people

l dont go to gay bars so never been there but l'm sure you will tell us all about your good times there. Oh yes l hate Homo's for your info. hate anyone to think l like gay people

This is getting stupid.

Plain and simple Martin was a better choice than Butcher. I don't care about Butcher and what he does cause I know it wont be anything as good as what Martin will do. Thats what this is all about who we should have picked. You cried till the cows came home about how we should get Butcher, your home boy hero. Well put the emotion beside Martin unequivocally miles better than Butcher.

Drafting, with contact at age 14. Thats extremely naive. Horribly Naive. I wasn't great mates but good enough mates with Travis Cloke through High School to know of the goings on with him and his junior footy having played local footy with him for about 6 years with him starring in our league best and fairest every year for Park Orchards. It was around his 17th birthday he was contacted first by an AFL club, I remember the day he came to school the morning and told us all. This was a gun junior player in question and first contact was 17. 14 years old you reckon that's embarrassing.. No club has the funds to research players 4 years away from the system at a personal level. Ludicrous.

Drafting is all about "drafting" from the resources you have been given. A Grand Final with the spot light on pressure situation. Butcher couldn't handle it whether it was the conditions that didn't help, so what. Thats football. Gave reasonable doubt for clubs to not chose a risk in the top 6. And fair enough. I couldn't care less how he turns out all the best to him. We 100% made the right choice with Martin. Just concede you were wrong and stop embarrassing yourself.

Contradicting means when you say something one day and then the next you say another that is the complete opposite of original statement.
1. You say Griffiths was a huge risk at 19 and it can bite us on the ass, could never get his shoulder right etc. etc etc.
2. You defend Butcher by saying he was playing injured in the GF and he's injured now give him a break.

Well sort it out? Which one do u stand by?

As for your stupid "gay" comments that's just slop and not worthy of a response.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: July 07, 2010, 12:35:15 AM »
you put up no evidence your a liar  ;D

Ummm, neither have you

Tigermonk

« Reply #568 on: July 07, 2010, 01:17:38 AM »

This is getting stupid.

Drafting, with contact at age 14. Thats extremely naive. Horribly Naive. I wasn't great mates but good enough mates with Travis Cloke through High School to know of the goings on with him and his junior footy having played local footy with him for about 6 years with him starring in our league best and fairest every year for Park Orchards. It was around his 17th birthday he was contacted first by an AFL club, I remember the day he came to school the morning and told us all. This was a gun junior player in question and first contact was 17. 14 years old you reckon that's embarrassing.. No club has the funds to research players 4 years away from the system at a personal level. Ludicrous.

You just keep making stupid comments about things you know nothing about

You dont know anything thing about the system do you. TAC clubs start kids off at 14 years old at U15 level so you just made a complete idiot of yourself. They have picked out players to play at senior level at thier clubs then push them through carnivals & very hard training programs & camps.
A club is already showing interest in my lad & this is the 2nd year they watched him so no more from you please.

l'm finished with you cause your a total idiot
& you send me a PM last year telling me you were involved with Eastern Ranges  :rollin

/ignore Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel :rollin

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: July 07, 2010, 01:26:28 AM »
I'm still amazed Tigermonk worked out how to write in yellow text.

Thought he would have used a highlighter on his screen