Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462843 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #570 on: July 07, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
How about you prove me wrong. He slipped down the draft order for a very good reason.
just what l already knew, you cant because your another forum troll
I'm certainly not trolling no matter what you think. Not sure why I'm the one who has to go searching through match stats to prove you wrong, I think the fact Butcher slipped to Port is enough of a sign to show you that clubs had concerns on him when he was so dominant in other areas.
The problem is that match reviews don't show the behinds players kick, however from following the U18s throughout the year it was well known that Butcher butchered the ball.
I'm sure that won't stop you talking poo though and just ignoring the obvious evidence staring you in the face
you put up no evidence your a liar  ;D

Ummm, neither have you

Infamous STFU your a nuffer like Jackstar calls you.
You came into a debate with nothing & your asking people to tell you want you cant google haha  ;D &

go take your leased Merc for a drive off a cliff  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #571 on: July 07, 2010, 01:59:32 AM »
How about you prove me wrong. He slipped down the draft order for a very good reason.
I'm certainly not trolling no matter what you think. Not sure why I'm the one who has to go searching through match stats to prove you wrong, I think the fact Butcher slipped to Port is enough of a sign to show you that clubs had concerns on him when he was so dominant in other areas.
The problem is that match reviews don't show the behinds players kick, however from following the U18s throughout the year it was well known that Butcher butchered the ball.
I'm sure that won't stop you talking poo though and just ignoring the obvious evidence staring you in the face

Ummm, neither have you

You came into a debate with nothing & your asking people to tell you want you cant google haha  ;D &

What's the point? I'd survive :D

If you want stats, he kicked 20 goals 19 in the U18 championships, plus 35 goals 32 in the TAC cup in 2008. There is also this quote from the start of an article from when he was drafted.

ENROLMENTS for the 2009-2010 Mark Williams' kicking school have opened and new Port Adelaide recruit, John Butcher, is top of the premiership coach’s hit list.

Butcher, 18, was touted as a potential No.1 draft pick last year, but concerns over his goalkicking saw him slip through to the Power’s first selection at No.8.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #572 on: July 07, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
Well, the last few pages of this thread have been quite interesting to read. :rollin

« Reply #573 on: July 07, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »
Well, the last few pages of this thread have been quite interesting to read. :rollin

That's sarcasm, right?

:lol

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #574 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »

This is getting stupid.

Drafting, with contact at age 14. Thats extremely naive. Horribly Naive. I wasn't great mates but good enough mates with Travis Cloke through High School to know of the goings on with him and his junior footy having played local footy with him for about 6 years with him starring in our league best and fairest every year for Park Orchards. It was around his 17th birthday he was contacted first by an AFL club, I remember the day he came to school the morning and told us all. This was a gun junior player in question and first contact was 17. 14 years old you reckon that's embarrassing.. No club has the funds to research players 4 years away from the system at a personal level. Ludicrous.

You just keep making stupid comments about things you know nothing about

You dont know anything thing about the system do you. TAC clubs start kids off at 14 years old at U15 level so you just made a complete idiot of yourself. They have picked out players to play at senior level at thier clubs then push them through carnivals & very hard training programs & camps.
A club is already showing interest in my lad & this is the 2nd year they watched him so no more from you please.

l'm finished with you cause your a total idiot
& you send me a PM last year telling me you were involved with Eastern Ranges  :rollin

/ignore Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel :rollin

Your a fool and you keep on embarrassing yourself.

Stop putting up common knowledge as if its ground breaking. Yes TAC clubs have Under 15 level, they don't get contact from AFL clubs until they are at least 17, which is what we were talking about. Stop changing the discussion and beating around what you argued about 2 posts ago cause your wrong.

Again you've changed the discussion again you said clubs make contact with players as young as 14. Thats absolute slop. They may have scouts watching Under 15 carnivals but they don't make direct contact. Clubs put resources into U17 and U18 level not U15's. Anything can happen in 3 years thus wasting resources. There may be the one of case that clubs make contact if the player is directly linked with a club through family or membership but its very unlikely.

Stop changing the discussion and preaching you know everything when its a complete new topic.

Stick to the discussion of Martin being better than Butcher. You were wrong. And the idea to trade Riewoldt is plain embarrassing.
The reason why your ranting is cause you've embarrassed yourself that you think Butcher was the right draft pick for pick 3. Wrong.
Another is you've driving Riewoldts name through the mud for the first qtr of the season and you know look like an even bigger idiot.

I played for Eastern Ranges TM. With the likes of Travis Cloke, Matty Bate and Chris Knights. I help out with training when ever I'm asked to come down as I used to be a personal trainer and studying to be a physio. There you go, I think I know a little bit about how the TAC works than you do. End of argument
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #575 on: July 07, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »

Ummm, neither have you

What's the point? I'd survive :D

If you want stats, he kicked 20 goals 19 in the U18 championships, plus 35 goals 32 in the TAC cup in 2008. There is also this quote from the start of an article from when he was drafted.

ENROLMENTS for the 2009-2010 Mark Williams' kicking school have opened and new Port Adelaide recruit, John Butcher, is top of the premiership coach’s hit list.

Butcher, 18, was touted as a potential No.1 draft pick last year, but concerns over his goalkicking saw him slip through to the Power’s first selection at No.8.

Panos scored mroe goals than Butcher in the championships and he could only be rookie drafted. Says alot about Butcher.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #576 on: July 07, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »

This is getting stupid.

Drafting, with contact at age 14. Thats extremely naive. Horribly Naive. I wasn't great mates but good enough mates with Travis Cloke through High School to know of the goings on with him and his junior footy having played local footy with him for about 6 years with him starring in our league best and fairest every year for Park Orchards. It was around his 17th birthday he was contacted first by an AFL club, I remember the day he came to school the morning and told us all. This was a gun junior player in question and first contact was 17. 14 years old you reckon that's embarrassing.. No club has the funds to research players 4 years away from the system at a personal level. Ludicrous.

You just keep making stupid comments about things you know nothing about

You dont know anything thing about the system do you. TAC clubs start kids off at 14 years old at U15 level so you just made a complete idiot of yourself. They have picked out players to play at senior level at thier clubs then push them through carnivals & very hard training programs & camps.
A club is already showing interest in my lad & this is the 2nd year they watched him so no more from you please.

l'm finished with you cause your a total idiot
& you send me a PM last year telling me you were involved with Eastern Ranges  :rollin

/ignore Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel :rollin

Your a fool and you keep on embarrassing yourself.

Stop putting up common knowledge as if its ground breaking. Yes TAC clubs have Under 15 level, they don't get contact from AFL clubs until they are at least 17, which is what we were talking about. Stop changing the discussion and beating around what you argued about 2 posts ago cause your wrong.

Again you've changed the discussion again you said clubs make contact with players as young as 14. Thats absolute slop. They may have scouts watching Under 15 carnivals but they don't make direct contact. Clubs put resources into U17 and U18 level not U15's. Anything can happen in 3 years thus wasting resources. There may be the one of case that clubs make contact if the player is directly linked with a club through family or membership but its very unlikely.

Stop changing the discussion and preaching you know everything when its a complete new topic.

Stick to the discussion of Martin being better than Butcher. You were wrong. And the idea to trade Riewoldt is plain embarrassing.
The reason why your ranting is cause you've embarrassed yourself that you think Butcher was the right draft pick for pick 3. Wrong.
Another is you've driving Riewoldts name through the mud for the first qtr of the season and you know look like an even bigger idiot.

I played for Eastern Ranges TM. With the likes of Travis Cloke, Matty Bate and Chris Knights. I help out with training when ever I'm asked to come down as I used to be a personal trainer and studying to be a physio. There you go, I think I know a little bit about how the TAC works than you do. End of argument

:rollin :rollin its getting better

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #577 on: July 07, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
Defence best attack for Tiger Jack
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
Wed 07 July, 2010

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt is busy proving the old theory that a good offence is based around a good defence.

The first player to reach 50 goals this season - he leads the race for the Coleman Medal with 53 - Riewoldt has also been one of the hardest-working forwards this year when he hasn't got the ball in his hands.

Riewoldt has 52 tackles to his name this year after 14 rounds, while last year he had 48 in 20 games.

Richmond's forward coach Danny Daly has been instrumental in Riewoldt's development and believes the young forward still has improvement left.

"I think he's taken on a lot of responsibility, being the key forward down there and still being 21 years of age," Daly toldrichmondfc.com.au. "It's been a massive year for him, both on and off the field - he's had to take up more of a leadership role with our young forward line.

"He is No.1 in the AFL for tackles inside-50, he's taken the most contested marks, and all his defensive stuff has been rewarded with his offensive stuff and his goals.

"But Jack's still got a long way to go, and we keep riding him from week-to-week to make sure that he keeps at that level and keeps improving himself."

Far from resenting having ideas pushed at him about how to improve, Daly said Riewoldt was always approaching the coaching group looking for ways he could.

"He's really keen for feedback, he takes everything on board, and as I said, he's really trying to grow as a leader and be the best he can," Daly said.

Senior coach Damien Hardwick said he was rapt with Riewoldt's development, but pointed out that his supply had improved dramatically.

"He is a kid who has enormous belief in his ability - he's a kid who Richmond picked up in the first round, and people are starting to see he has become a very good player for this footy club," Hardwick said.

“He has been in terrific form - the pleasing thing is our guys are starting to deliver the ball inside 50 a hell of a lot better.

"Credit to those guys up the ground kicking it to a favoured side and letting Jack use his body, which he does very well.

“He is a guy we will build around but we certainly need some other key forwards to stand up as well.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/97689/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #578 on: July 07, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »

Panos scored mroe goals than Butcher in the championships and he could only be rookie drafted. Says alot about Butcher.

WTF you say l jump things.   ::) where did that come from now you wanna compare Butcher to Panos  ::)
what type of medication are you on Popelord, Butcher was still taken 5 places up from Martin
He was Rated #1 drafted pick prior to the draft by most in football as a KPP,  dont mean he will be #1 pick in the draft. Just like Scully over Trengrove
Yep says alot for Butcher that he is 18 & reguardless of his supposed bad kicking & style he went at

#8. John Butcher   (Port Adelaide)
Gippsland Power
Key forward, 18,  197cm,  84kg
Outstanding contested mark with excellent agility, pace and endurance for his size. Seen as Warren Tredrea's long-term replacement. Poor under-18 carnival saw him slip from top three.

yep had a bad carnival, so he knuckled down & the next game he went out & was excellent, kicked 5 goals  ;D & was close to BOG if not BOG by many in a smashing display  :lol maybe he had some niggles during the carnival no-one cares he got drafted just like all the lads ever what. So some miss out no big deal.  your still a water boy haha

Tell me all about TAC cause l want to learn from you  ;D

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #579 on: July 07, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
You dont listen.

Panos has a better carnival. Butcher was hopeless.

So he didn't go number 1, he didn't go number 3 he went at pick 8.

Read posts, its the fact you wanted Martin at Richmond which is stupid cause we would have missed out on Martin. Butcher is half the player Martin and will be.

Butcher is not a number 3 pick.

Only a flog would think otherwise

I'm not explaining this again. Go away.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
You dont listen.

Read posts, its the fact you wanted Martin at Richmond which is stupid cause we would have missed out on Martin. Butcher is half the player Martin and will be.

So what Panos is a rookie & Butcher is a listed player  END OF STORY
What you going to tell me next water boy that players are drafted by a carnival performance. Thats not the reason Butchers draft position went up.

Now your back on Martin. gee your are twisted. Martin is a midfielder & Butcher a KPP 2 different players you cant compare in ability cause they play different roles.

l wanted Butcher cause we have so many midfielders & our forward line was not functional. We got rid of forwards, lucky Rewoldt is firing cause it could be alot worse off
All l wanted the club to get was a KPF / Ruckman who could also cover in defence. See what becomes of Butcher in the future

Now Griffiths l was correct on. RFC drafted him at a risk. He went down injured like everyone expected. He had to be repaired & is still brittle. He is playing again until he cops another heavy knock.
l wish him all the best, nothing worse than seeing wasted talent & l hope he becomes a champion cause he looks good. If he succeeds it will be a win for him & Richmond,  not us.  END OF STORY

& like most young blokes who know everything,  you know more than me about TAC l dont think so puppy. l  been involved in TAC since you were at High school. the rest you can put together yourself.

we should get together to finish this cause there are some things l just cant say & show on a open forum because l'm restricted

END OF DEBATE

Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel
oh l'm just waiting to see your team photo in person with Cloke at Easten

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #581 on: July 07, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
He was Rated #1 drafted pick prior to the draft by most in football as a KPP,  dont mean he will be #1 pick in the draft. Just like Scully over Trengrove
Yep says alot for Butcher that he is 18 & reguardless of his supposed bad kicking & style he went at

He was rated as the most likely #1 coming into 2009, however he dropped down the order pretty consistently throughout the course of the year. It wasn't just the championships, good disposal is considered a major requirement by all clubs now and there were far too many signs of the bad side of Richo that scared clubs away.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #582 on: July 07, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »
 moron - if we have pick 3 and Martin and butcher are both still options to draft to richmond
then they can be compared.

I wonder how the Carlton draft team in 2007 the night before the draft.

junior recruiter: "hmm both Cotchin and Kruzer are the stand out I reckon. who should we go for?"[/b

]senior : "don't be daft man, gee your are twisted. Cotchin is a midfielder & Kruzer a KPP/ruck, 2 different players you cant compare in ability cause they play different roles, you fool"

You dont listen.

So what Panos is a rookie & Butcher is a listed player  END OF STORY
What you going to tell me next water boy that players are drafted by a carnival performance. Thats not the reason Butchers draft position went up.

Now your back on Martin. gee your are twisted. Martin is a midfielder & Butcher a KPP 2 different players you cant compare in ability cause they play different roles.

l wanted Butcher cause we have so many midfielders & our forward line was not functional. We got rid of forwards, lucky Rewoldt is firing cause it could be alot worse off
All l wanted the club to get was a KPF / Ruckman who could also cover in defence. See what becomes of Butcher in the future

Now Griffiths l was correct on. RFC drafted him at a risk. He went down injured like everyone expected. He had to be repaired & is still brittle. He is playing again until he cops another heavy knock.
l wish him all the best, nothing worse than seeing wasted talent & l hope he becomes a champion cause he looks good. If he succeeds it will be a win for him & Richmond,  not us.  END OF STORY

& like most young blokes who know everything,  you know more than me about TAC l dont think so puppy. l  been involved in TAC since you were at High school. the rest you can put together yourself.

we should get together to finish this cause there are some things l just cant say & show on a open forum because l'm restricted

END OF DEBATE

Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel
oh l'm just waiting to see your team photo in person with Cloke at Easten

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:43:50 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #583 on: July 07, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »
Lol at the Benny griff comment

talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #584 on: July 09, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »
Two days have passed without an insult being hurled in this thread.

Well done Guys  :clapping