Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462910 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #585 on: July 09, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Two days have passed without an insult being hurled in this thread.

Well done Guys  :clapping

It's still under 48 hours... idiot

;)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: July 09, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »

It's still under 48 hours... idiot

;)

lol, at least I am not an interent nuffer like u  ;D

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: July 09, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »

Its funny how having a 21 yo SUPERSTAR in our team seems to upset people. ;)
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #588 on: July 09, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »
You dont listen.

Panos has a better carnival. Butcher was hopeless.

So he didn't go number 1, he didn't go number 3 he went at pick 8.

Read posts, its the fact you wanted Martin at Richmond which is stupid cause we would have missed out on Martin. Butcher is half the player Martin and will be.

Butcher is not a number 3 pick.

Only a flog would think otherwise

I'm not explaining this again. Go away.

So what Panos is a rookie & Butcher is a listed player  END OF STORY
What you going to tell me next water boy that players are drafted by a carnival performance. Thats not the reason Butchers draft position went up.

Now your back on Martin. gee your are twisted. Martin is a midfielder & Butcher a KPP 2 different players you cant compare in ability cause they play different roles.

l wanted Butcher cause we have so many midfielders & our forward line was not functional. We got rid of forwards, lucky Rewoldt is firing cause it could be alot worse off
All l wanted the club to get was a KPF / Ruckman who could also cover in defence. See what becomes of Butcher in the future

Now Griffiths l was correct on. RFC drafted him at a risk. He went down injured like everyone expected. He had to be repaired & is still brittle. He is playing again until he cops another heavy knock.
l wish him all the best, nothing worse than seeing wasted talent & l hope he becomes a champion cause he looks good. If he succeeds it will be a win for him & Richmond,  not us.  END OF STORY

& like most young blokes who know everything,  you know more than me about TAC l dont think so puppy. l  been involved in TAC since you were at High school. the rest you can put together yourself.

we should get together to finish this cause there are some things l just cant say & show on a open forum because l'm restricted

END OF DEBATE

Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel
oh l'm just waiting to see your team photo in person with Cloke at Easten

Yes you have got something right. Panos is a rookie yet he managed to score more goals than Butcher in the Championships, on the same opponents.

Panos is not rated that highly, although unlucky to not get drafted. Yet was able to perform better than the highly rated Bucther. Thus saying alot about Butchers efforts at the Championships. Commons sense doubt to clubs start to creep in, can he play in big games? Does he have the ticker? Then he comes out and shoots 1 goal 8 in his GF. Come on Monk put your mind to work, Butcher wasn't worthy of a number 3 pick.

I can't get my head around you've argued over a week that you'd rather have Butcher than Martin. How embarrassing..

You wanted Butcher a KP Forward/Ruckman and Defender...... Well if you wind the clock back a year our last 1st round pick was just that. Tyronne Vickery. Martin was just perfect for us.

You're wrong and all  you wanted was some home grown dud hero at Richmond. Thankfully you weren't the recruiter at Punt Road otherwise we'd be close to finished.

The rest you've spoken about is slop. I wont bite on the TAC Cup stuff any more I'm contempt with my history and current position.

Keep the lame insults going old man, they are so impressive.

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't suffer fools very well, we will not be meeting up.

The defence rests; Verdict: Guilty, sentenced to life.
Go Tigers!

the claw

« Reply #589 on: July 09, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
i dont get the argument here.

martin or morabito were rated the best two available at picks 3 and 4. butcher was the most highly rated of the kpps in the draft but he did have some queston marks over areas of his game.
imo hes  a talent just like many of the others taken in that draft.

to compare martin and butcher at this stage is a nonsense. martin is a medium sized really big bodied ready to go player who most expected to play 12 or more games. dustins motor and the amount of ball he currently gets are the only two criticisms i can find on him but these are things that will improve with time and preseasons.

butcher is a kp a very talented one 197/ but still only 87 kg. like riewoldt it will be slowly as she goes.
 butchers true value wont come to the fore for another 3 or 4 yrs we all know talls take much longer so why the comparisons now.
at pick 3 did we take the best credentialled player in the draft of course we did. but who will end up the better players is impossible to predict  because of varying development time lines.

from what i can gather if you include the 17yr olds in the next draft it is as strong or  stronger than the one that has just gone. and it is supposed to be stronger on talls.
 sheesh take a look at the last draft it really is only the talls that have done little and that is to be expected.

look at the top 20 picks butcher talia and griffiths are the only kpps taken.  none have done much even griffiths who is getting games has done little but do we really expect much from him or them.

that draft has already unveiled in the top 20 odd scully, trengove, martin, morabito, cunnington, rohan, sheppard, moore, melksham, gysberts, lucas,jetta, tapscott, fyfe, bastinac. all played and all look like they belong all are mids or running players. add the 3 talls and a few skinny mids who will take time to round it out.

the point is and i stand corrected if wrong, but i can find only three  talls from the  09 draft who have played afl footy  two are richmond players griffiths and astbury the other craig from adelaide. the reason being with us  we didnt have much of a choice but to play them. imo they have struggled in general  but have shown some signs in particular astbury.
in general i think all supporters expectations on first and second yr players in particular talls really over the top. as i said  compare their worth in 4 yrs time not now.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #590 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
Is this thread about Jack Riewoldt?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: July 09, 2010, 09:57:54 PM »
Is this thread about Jack Riewoldt?

Its just a diversion away from abusing Jack to keep Chucky happy.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #592 on: July 10, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »

This is getting stupid.

Drafting, with contact at age 14. Thats extremely naive. Horribly Naive. I wasn't great mates but good enough mates with Travis Cloke through High School to know of the goings on with him and his junior footy having played local footy with him for about 6 years with him starring in our league best and fairest every year for Park Orchards. It was around his 17th birthday he was contacted first by an AFL club, I remember the day he came to school the morning and told us all. This was a gun junior player in question and first contact was 17. 14 years old you reckon that's embarrassing.. No club has the funds to research players 4 years away from the system at a personal level. Ludicrous.

You just keep making stupid comments about things you know nothing about

You dont know anything thing about the system do you. TAC clubs start kids off at 14 years old at U15 level so you just made a complete idiot of yourself. They have picked out players to play at senior level at thier clubs then push them through carnivals & very hard training programs & camps.
A club is already showing interest in my lad & this is the 2nd year they watched him so no more from you please.

l'm finished with you cause your a total idiot
& you send me a PM last year telling me you were involved with Eastern Ranges  :rollin

/ignore Popelord poo on lips The Preacher of the Richmond Gospel :rollin

Your a fool and you keep on embarrassing yourself.

Stop putting up common knowledge as if its ground breaking. Yes TAC clubs have Under 15 level, they don't get contact from AFL clubs until they are at least 17, which is what we were talking about. Stop changing the discussion and beating around what you argued about 2 posts ago cause your wrong.

Again you've changed the discussion again you said clubs make contact with players as young as 14. Thats absolute slop. They may have scouts watching Under 15 carnivals but they don't make direct contact. Clubs put resources into U17 and U18 level not U15's. Anything can happen in 3 years thus wasting resources. There may be the one of case that clubs make contact if the player is directly linked with a club through family or membership but its very unlikely.

Stop changing the discussion and preaching you know everything when its a complete new topic.

Stick to the discussion of Martin being better than Butcher. You were wrong. And the idea to trade Riewoldt is plain embarrassing.
The reason why your ranting is cause you've embarrassed yourself that you think Butcher was the right draft pick for pick 3. Wrong.
Another is you've driving Riewoldts name through the mud for the first qtr of the season and you know look like an even bigger idiot.

I played for Eastern Ranges TM. With the likes of Travis Cloke, Matty Bate and Chris Knights. I help out with training when ever I'm asked to come down as I used to be a personal trainer and studying to be a physio. There you go, I think I know a little bit about how the TAC works than you do. End of argument
BAH you know poo about how the TAC works sunshine, I have involved in multiple motorbike accidents and eff me sideways if I haven't had to fill out every type of TAC form known to man.  IF anyone knows how the TAC works, its me ! SNAP !  now thats End of ARgument.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:23:19 PM by one-eyed »
Lots of people name their swords......

Ox

« Reply #593 on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
L M A O     :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #594 on: July 11, 2010, 05:54:18 AM »
It says a lot about how in form Jack is when he doesn't dominate a game and the opposition actually didn't do a bad job double/triple teaming and containing him yet he still bobs up and kicks 5 goals  :thumbsup.

10 clear at the top of the Coleman and there's word Barry Hall may miss for the Dogs this arvo. It's looking good for Jack to join his numbersake Roachy barring injury.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #595 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
I always thought he would come good but I didn't realise he was gonna be this good.  Ill take it!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #596 on: July 11, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »
I always thought he would come good but I didn't realise he was gonna be this good.  Ill take it!
Same

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Same

Me too. He's a gun - you go to the footy to watch him, that grab in the last qtr was sublime.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #598 on: July 11, 2010, 11:55:06 AM »
Seriously this guy has just exploded out of nowhere, kind of like when you haven't rooted for a month. Just massive
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:26:00 PM by CUB »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #599 on: July 11, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »
Anyone else clicking on Riewoldt headlines expecting the story to be about Jack?