Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462837 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: April 27, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
I'm trying too hard: Richmond star Jack Riewoldt

Daryl Timms
    April 27, 2012 2:00PM

RICHMOND'S Jack Riewoldt agrees with coach Damien Hardwick's assessment of his out-of-form full forward.

Riewoldt conceded today he is not playing well and perhaps, as Hardwick suggested, he's simply trying too hard to turn his form around.

Hardwick said yesterday the Tigers were also concerned about Riewoldt's defensive work.

Asked on Gold 104.3 today whether Hardwick was right, Riewoldt replied: "He probably is a little bit.

"No, he is the coach, he is definitely right. I'm not playing very well at the moment.''

Riewoldt said he was not going great after the standards he had set and what he hoped to achieve.

"I probably haven't started the way I want to, but I still have been having a few shots at goal,'' he said.

"I haven't been kicking well and I think I've kicked 6.10 or 6.11 this year.''

Riewoldt said he was normally a good kick for goal.

"I have probably been trying a little too hard which is something you do when you are under pressure and you want want to play good footy and you're not playing good footy,'' he said.

"Last week I tried to handball to Ty Vickery in the goal square and missed him by four metres which was a bit disappointing.''

Riewoldt, who won the Coleman Medal in 2010 with 78 goals, faces the unbeaten West Coast Eagles at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/im-trying-too-hard-richmond-star-jack-riewoldt/story-e6frf9jf-1226340830940

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1216 on: April 28, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
As much as Jack hasn't been on as far as kicking goals he is still leading in goal assists for us along with Lids (5 goal assists). So he is still contributing. The problem is his disposal has been off (53%) as that handball to Vickery's feet illustrated last week. His clanger stats (15) are on par with our inside mids who unlike Jack at least have the excuse of having to win and dispose of the footy under pressure and in traffic. Then add him kicking 6.9 for the year when last year he was usually one the most reliable kicks for goal. Jack needs to get back to the K.I.S.S. principle and play in front and lead up at the ballcarrier rather than falling for the old trap of trying to out-wrestle the full back all the time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1217 on: April 28, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
And strutting  around like his Gary Ablett. There was only one Gary Ablett er 2
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1218 on: April 28, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
most have it qrong

jacks problem is he is not selfish enough and is trying to hard to be too team focused

the sooner he realises the best thing for the team is for him to be arrogant strutt is stuff and be a confidence beast and score goals the better.

all champion fwd have arrogance and use that to advantage

carey, brereton, ablett snr, brown, fevola, lockett, dunstall ,gherig, ,etc  all arrogant, all confident all believed they were invincible

no one tells buddy to stop being arrogant and selfish

ffs everyones getting precious

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1219 on: April 28, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »
I agree. Jack's confidence is also an asset if used in the right way. As you say, many of the best forwards over the years have had an air of arrogance. I can understand how his body language peees people off though.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1220 on: April 28, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »
i dont have a problem with a bit of arragnonce and self belief, but it poos me to tears to see those petulant sooks he sometimes has when he thinks he has been hard done by by the umps. if it happens early in the game it seems to affect his performance for the day
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1221 on: April 28, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »
Leigh Matthews said Jack needs to start with the defensive side of the game as everything builds up from there.

dwaino

« Reply #1222 on: April 28, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
Leigh Matthews said Jack needs to start with the defensive side of the game as everything builds up from there.

Roos said the same thing as Hall had to work on the same things. Hall and Mooney reckons when Jack is down he should go up the ground and get a cheap handball or tackle as they do wonders for confidence. Then the team can feed off of that.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1223 on: April 28, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
i dont have a problem with a bit of arragnonce and self belief, but it poos me to tears to see those petulant sooks he sometimes has when he thinks he has been hard done by by the umps. if it happens early in the game it seems to affect his performance for the day

richo was much worse than jack at this but everyone loved him, jack has a better footy brain than richo by a mile

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1224 on: April 28, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »
to be the best footballer he can, it needs to be eleiminated.

If they had knocked it out of richo early on he would have been a better footballer

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1225 on: April 28, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
to be the best footballer he can, it needs to be eleiminated.

If they had knocked it out of richo early on he would have been a better footballer

bs, if richo kicked straight he would have been , nothing to do with his attitude ego or personality

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: April 28, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
when you crack the sulks and it affects your performance, that is a something that can be improved. Richo was far from perfect and that was one of his weaknesses.

It is a problem with jack that he needs to address. If you think it is ok to sulk in a way that hinders your performance than what can i say?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1227 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:09 PM »
everyone is differentr, some ppl sulking getting angry makes them tick and perform, john mcenroe

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1228 on: April 28, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
This article is a load of crap. He reckons he's trying too hard..... when?
All i've seen is
-him trying to wrestle and losing front position.
- no leading or presenting. Richo used to do this 3 or 4 times in one forward entry.
- not enough chasing or tackling.   

Maybe he's talking about trying too hard at taking mark of the year but failing. This must be what he's talking about because he's playing very lazy footy in my opinion. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1229 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
everyone is differentr, some ppl sulking getting angry makes them tick and perform, john mcenroe
True, but from what i've seen so far it seems to affect jack  negatively. I just want to see him put it out of his mind as quickly as possible and concentrate on creating the next opportunity