Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462908 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1965 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »
Free kick to Big Vick – chopping the arms

was it paid?

Think it was

But then again maybe not
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1966 on: March 04, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
It doesn't look good when Jack tries the things he did on Saturday, but in the regular season he'd kick them for himself.

He would have had 3 or 4 goals against the Bumbers if he'd gone for goal instead of being unselfish.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ox

« Reply #1967 on: March 04, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »
3, 50 m penalties ?

dwaino

« Reply #1968 on: March 04, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
3, 50 m penalties ?

Had to give them a chance some how  :shh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1969 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »
3, 50 m penalties ?

One wasn't him it was King

Ox

« Reply #1970 on: March 06, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
Ah...little Far King

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1971 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »
It doesn't look good when Jack tries the things he did on Saturday, but in the regular season he'd kick them for himself.

He would have had 3 or 4 goals against the Bumbers if he'd gone for goal instead of being unselfish.

i was of the belief that Jack was told not to go for goal but to work on certain things. Such as bodying and running patterns.  Well thats what it appeared anyway

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1972 on: March 06, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »

i was of the belief that Jack was told not to go for goal but to work on certain things. Such as bodying and running patterns.  Well thats what it appeared anyway

Wut

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1973 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:34 AM »

Wut

You didnt notice him running into goal and instead of having a shot, which he normally would, he would pass it off

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1974 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:57 AM »

Wut

You didnt notice him running into goal and instead of having a shot, which he normally would, he would pass it off

Yeah I noticed that. Your quote was "i was of the belief that Jack was told not to go for goal but to work on certain things. Such as bodying and running patterns" I honestly couldn't fathom our brain trust telling him not to kick for goal. Don't worry about Jacky though, he did all of that on purpose to make a point to the coaches. Now they'll tell him not to worry about passing whenever he is in range. Not that he would in the season proper anyway. Smart boy is our Jack

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1975 on: March 07, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »

Wut

Yeah I noticed that. Your quote was "i was of the belief that Jack was told not to go for goal but to work on certain things. Such as bodying and running patterns" I honestly couldn't fathom our brain trust telling him not to kick for goal. Don't worry about Jacky though, he did all of that on purpose to make a point to the coaches. Now they'll tell him not to worry about passing whenever he is in range. Not that he would in the season proper anyway. Smart boy is our Jack

I like Jack

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1976 on: March 09, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
VIDEO: Jack's after the siren winning goal  :thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4kahV7REp4

And earlier Jack going over the fence ...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-03-09/jumping-jack-topples-over

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1977 on: March 09, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
That over the fence should have been a free. Was pushed in the back and over he went
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1978 on: March 09, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
That over the fence should have been a free. Was pushed in the back and over he went

Once again I am glad we won and can complain about the umpiring, the Dawks were so much better treated by the umps especially how they would drop the ball or get spun 360 without frees.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1979 on: March 10, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

Once again I am glad we won and can complain about the umpiring, the Dawks were so much better treated by the umps especially how they would drop the ball or get spun 360 without frees.

It was bloody inconsistent again and we seemed to get the worse end of it.  One that springs to mind was right near the end when Schoenmakers (I think) did some good work in defence but then got tackled and spun 360 before dishing off a handball.  I reckon the 360 rule interpretation has to be the simplest one on the paddock to adjudicate but the maggots seem to get that wrong with astonishing degrees of difference.  Cue C. Judd.