Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462881 times)

dwaino

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2070 on: April 30, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
Jack's arms clearly photoshopped.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2071 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:04 AM »
The Buzz:
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt must get on with playing good footy

Jon Ralph
    May 01, 2013

JACK Riewoldt plays his football as if the world is against him.

His running battle with the umpires barely ceases, he plays for free kicks just a little too often, and his body language guarantees he is the centre of attention.

When the dual Coleman Medallist is flying for marks and dominating opponents it is just the fun of the fair, theatrics which guarantee the spectacle is enhanced.

But when Richmond loses a critical game by less than a goal - and Riewoldt kicks a solitary goal - it becomes way more than a sideshow.

Riewoldt the Great has turned into Petulant Jack again, and it's time for his coach and fellow leaders to pull him back into line.

He play-acted, bayed for frees and generally acted the fool on Friday night.

But the bigger problem was he refused to fly for marks or lead up at the ball, content to let an elite opponent in Luke McPharlin - and the fact he was outnumbered by Docker defenders - ruin his day.

Twice in the last 96 seconds of the game, with Richmond searching for the match-winning goal, he was outmarked or failed to bring the ball to ground.

If he busted a gut and got rolled by a better player then so be it, but the theatrics made you feel he was content to wait for another day and an easier opponent.

It mirrored his performance against the Western Bulldogs, when he kicked three of his five goals in junk time, was defended against claims he was "petulant" by Damien Hardwick and somehow got a vote from one of the two coaches.

Triple premiership forward and former Carlton captain Mark Maclure was particularly blunt on the weekend.

"Jack Riewoldt. Fair dinkum. What a prima donna. It's about time he actually stood up himself and did something," was Maclure's assessment.

The Buzz went to Maclure again yesterday in search of a remedy and he raised a comparison that should stop Riewoldt's silliness in its tracks.

"It has to be fixed by his peers. That's his biggest problem. Are they strong enough to control him? ... He is totally in control of that club. (Brett) Deledio and (Trent) Cotchin have to handle this bloke. They have to change this guy and they have to make him one of them, because at the moment he's not," Maclure said.

"He reminds me of someone else I know. This is the path they go along and it all ends in tears. Seven years on we are still seeing this.

"That's the syndrome of a poor club, and Carlton were a poor club when it happened with (Brendan) Fevola. And it reflects on coaching staff, management and the players."

Riewoldt only has to rewind five weeks to turn this latest episode full circle.

The man, who in 2010 flipped the bird against Hawthorn and berated his own teammates, was lauded for a 0.4 game in which he selflessly led into space.

Then he starred with seven goals against St Kilda, repeatedly jumping at the ball whether the Sherrin stuck or not.

Maclure says Riewoldt needs to be more selfless when an opponent is on top, or believes Richmond will never achieve true success.

"The players have got to pull him in and say, 'Come with us, or we are going to cut you free.' They will never win one the way he is going. Who does he kick his goals against? Against the s--- clubs. He is a flat track bully who doesn't kick them against the big teams.

"(Against McPharlin) he didn't go at the ball. You have to open up space, and that was Jack's job. He had to take opponents away from (Tyrone) Vickery and instead he blued when people didn't kick it on his chest."

You don't see Tom Hawkins, or Harry Taylor, or James Podsiadly carrying on like that, because they come from an elite club and an elite culture.

It's time for Riewoldt to forget the distractions and take on the Cats on Saturday night in what is a huge game for his side.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-must-get-on-with-playing-good-footy/story-fndv8t7m-1226632553081

gerkin greg

« Reply #2072 on: May 01, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
You don't see Tom Hawkins, or Harry Taylor, or James Podsiadly carrying on like that, because they come from an elite club and an elite culture.

Cam Mooney and Steve Johnson say hi you gimp flog

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2073 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
this is all bs

99% of jacks whining is warranted, umps do not give him a fair go, and players do not kick th eball in spots to his advantage but gift wrap delivery to the defenders
richo had the same problems

jack is a gun and who cares if he wants and demands the ball all great players do

mark mclure is a stuffhead full stop
if the midfeild do their job properly jack will kick 100 a yr and will flog the cats
its up to the mids not jack

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2074 on: May 01, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
Jack will be back.
Another media build up started by who else but a Carlton player we all hated with a passion,Mark "Manure" Clure.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2075 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »

jack is a gun and who cares if he wants and demands the ball all great players do

Jack tagged as Great.WoWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :jump

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2076 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »

Jack tagged as Great.WoWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :jump

LOL.
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2077 on: May 01, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
wouldn't worry about Mary Maclure :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2078 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Cam Mooney and Steve Johnson say hi you gimp flog

Gas leaving people to die..

Th benchmark of moral upstandingness is geeeelong.

tony_montana

« Reply #2079 on: May 01, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »
rance is stuffed, hawkins will kill him

and how can anyone we confident
we have been geelongs bitch for decades

we r gawn

if the midfeild do their job properly jack will kick 100 a yr and will flog the cats
its up to the mids not jack

:huh3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2080 on: May 01, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »
Jack keen to finalise contract
By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
1:40pm AEST Wednesday, May 1, 2013

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt wants to remain a Tiger and for his new contract to be finalised as soon as possible.

The 24-year-old is one of a raft of experienced Tigers poised to come out of contract at the end of the season, with captain Trent Cotchin and midfielder Dustin Martin other headline acts.

Riewoldt said his management group Strategic and manager Liam Pickering were sorting it out after the sudden resignation of football manager Craig Cameron in February delayed proceedings.

"I think any player wants to get their contract [talks] over and done with and their future set in stone as soon as possible," Riewoldt said on Wednesday.

"I think the process with all of our contracts has been put back a little bit by Craig Cameron leaving so abruptly and really having to fill that void.

"I think we've just been caught behind the ball with Craig leaving so that will happen as soon as it happens and we'll sort it out and move on from there.

"It's definitely no distraction for us because we're excited about how we're playing."

Cameron, who left the Tigers to join the horse racing industry, was replaced by Dan Richardson, a former associate director of sports marketing and management company Elite Sports Properties.

While Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin are the big guns needing new deals, a number of other Tigers including Dylan Grimes, Brandon Ellis, Jake Batchelor, Luke McGuane, Alex Rance and Reece Conca are in the same position.

Riewoldt said the process to secure the list would unfold in the near future.

"No doubt we'll be catching up on those sorts of things in the coming months and really ticking it off because we've got some young guys coming out of contract that are building in the right direction and they're the players that we're looking to re-sign."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-01/jack-keen-to-finalise-contract

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2081 on: May 01, 2013, 03:29:19 PM »
Cotchin defends 'passionate' Riewoldt
By Jennifer Phelan and Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
2:15pm AEST Wednesday, May 1, 2013

JACK Riewoldt says his on-field body language and attitude is a product of wearing his heart on his sleeve – not being petulant.

The Richmond forward was labelled "a prima donna" by Carlton premiership forward Mark Maclure after he was animated with teammates immediately after their one-point loss to Fremantle at Patersons Stadium on Friday night.

North Melbourne premiership star David King said the Coleman medallist "complained and sooked and carried on".

The 24-year-old said he had become "thick skinned" as a result of playing football but believed he could be an "easy target" given "you can pick any bit of footage and crucify anyone with it".

"I'm an emotional person, I like to think that I'm loyal … I play with emotion and I reckon I'd be a pretty boring person and a pretty boring player if I didn't do that," Riewoldt said on Wednesday.

"It's a doubled-edged sword, AFL, and there's definitely cries for players to have a bit more personality but if you show a bit of personality you can be shot down pretty quickly.

"I'm an easy target, I know that, I'm a full forward, I play for Richmond, a massive football club in Melbourne – I'm definitely going to get targeted.

"It's the way I handle that and ultimately I listen to the people I care about the most and the people who are in charge of the club."

Maclure has since said Riewoldt's behaviour needs to be controlled by his teammates, but captain Trent Cotchin said the Tigers' leadership group had no issue with "the way he wears his heart on his sleeve".

"He's a passionate guy," Cotchin said.

"He loves the footy club and he loves playing footy. He's a fantastic person and we love playing with him.

"Whether or not people from the outside world think he's doing the wrong thing, we don't have any issues with the way he wears his heart on his sleeve.

"It's probably something you don't notice as much on-field. I think it comes across a little bit worse on TV."

Riewoldt conceded his one-goal, 10-possession performance against Fremantle wasn't at the "required standard" and that he was disappointed in his game.

But he said he hadn't been spoken to internally about his attitude and would continue to ignore media comment on it.

"The day that I start listening to what people in the media have got to say about my game and my attitude and my character is probably the day I retire," he said.

"I listen to Damien Hardwick, Brendon Gale, Trent Cotchin … ultimately I love the club, I respect my teammates and I respect the decisions the hierarchy of the club make.

"As far as I'm concerned and as far as they're concerned, they're pretty happy with how I'm going."

Riewoldt said while he was used to negative things being said in public forums, the impact it had on his loved ones was disappointing. 

"You learn to become pretty thick skinned about what's said about you but it can definitely affect your family and I think that's where people have got to be really careful (about)," he said.

"What they are saying, it does have a bit of a waterfall effect and can affect the people in the general vicinity of the player and the loved ones of the player."

Cotchin said Riewoldt was playing an important role for the team and leading in his own way.   

"You only have to look at the way he's been playing for the first five rounds of this year," Cotchin said.

"He's played a real selfless role at times for the team; he's let Ty Vickery take control and Luke McGuane's stepped up.

"He's always speaking and he's always giving direction to the younger guys and the forward line. 

"He's doing a lot of things right and the impact he's having on the younger guys coming into the team is really good."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-01/cotchin-defends-passionate-jack

gerkin greg

« Reply #2082 on: May 01, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »
Onya Cotchy  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #2083 on: May 01, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Was just listening to Dunstall on MMM and he said this crap about Jack is making a mountain out of a mole hill  :cheers the big chief has our back.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2084 on: May 01, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »
Norf sycophants trying to deflect from their 1-4 start
Essendank sycophants trying to deflect from being drug cheats
Carlscum sycophants trying to deflect from having no KPF's that aren't absolute spuds
And ralphy eats crayons