Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462891 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2550 on: March 02, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »
Good players win colemans twice in early 20s

I think that sort of emphasises the point though.

Most people would say Riewoldt hasn't played the footy in the past couple of seasons that he played in those years and I think his 'other' issues have become more prevalent over that time.

I agree that his best year was his first coleman. I thought he was pretty good last year, but certainly capable of more. I feel the same about Lids and Cotch, by the way.
But that does not mean that his 'attitude issues' are to blame for his output. Team dynamics, injuries, opposition team's focus, plain old 'form' etc. are to blame IMO, not his cockiness. He was the same bloke when he was dominating a couple of years ago.

I think his dummy spits are way overstated too. Sure he points the finger a fair bit, but most of this is probably warranted. He is smart player and knows the game plan.
It's just easy fodder for the media to focus on these things. People like cutting down people with a profile. Its a sad element of human nature.

I reckon if Jack was really the jerk that some people make him out to be, he would be out on the town kicking up as stink every other week. He's squeaky clean off the field, and on the field too, at least it in terms of suspensions.
Well said Willy.... But you are wasting your time trying to convert the haters. He is a genuine star of the game and people want to talk sh6t about him finger pointing. Each to their own.
But I also agree that he ends to work a bit harder than last year. To many times he wanted to lead back towards goal rather than leading from it.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2551 on: March 02, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »
Have you seen how our mids dick around with the ball trying to enter F50? Jack is normally on his third lead by the time they decide to kick it in rather than sideways, then if he's real lucky it is actually kicked to his advantage and he only has two defenders left on him to beat  ::)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2552 on: March 02, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
Have you seen how our mids dick around with the ball trying to enter F50? Jack is normally on his third lead by the time they decide to kick it in rather than sideways, then if he's real lucky it is actually kicked to his advantage and he only has two defenders left on him to beat  ::)
Yes there is that too....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2553 on: March 02, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »

Not if Grigg is kicking

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2554 on: March 02, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
You can make a cup of tea  y the time giggs kick goes back to Terra firma

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2555 on: March 02, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »
I think his dummy spits are way overstated too. Sure he points the finger a fair bit, but most of this is probably warranted. He is smart player and knows the game plan.
It's just easy fodder for the media to focus on these things. People like cutting down people with a profile. Its a sad element of human nature.

I personally think his dummy spits were a by-product of playing injured.
Think this caused him to be frustrated in his own output and like all of us he let this frustration show, sometimes in the wrong way by criticising team mates around him.
Think most of us have been guilty of the same thing if we're honest and have lived long enough.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2556 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:58 PM »

Most people would say Riewoldt hasn't played the footy in the past couple of seasons that he played in those years and I think his 'other' issues have become more prevalent over that time.

I agree that his best year was his first coleman. I thought he was pretty good last year, but certainly capable of more. I feel the same about Lids and Cotch, by the way.
But that does not mean that his 'attitude issues' are to blame for his output. Team dynamics, injuries, opposition team's focus, plain old 'form' etc. are to blame IMO, not his cockiness. He was the same bloke when he was dominating a couple of years ago.

I reckon if Jack was really the jerk that some people make him out to be, he would be out on the town kicking up as stink every other week. He's squeaky clean off the field, and on the field too, at least it in terms of suspensions.
Well said Willy.... But you are wasting your time trying to convert the haters. He is a genuine star of the game and people want to talk sh6t about him finger pointing. Each to their own.
But I also agree that he ends to work a bit harder than last year. To many times he wanted to lead back towards goal rather than leading from it.

I'm certainly not a hater but I also see that he needs to adjust his mental approach to the game.

It's not just the finger pointing and over-the-top reactions to wins and losses that will no doubt pee off his team mates in time, but other aspects of his behaviour as well.

Like last year when he made a stupid attempt at marking the footy then baked the umpire for not giving him a free for a push when there was no-one near him. If he was your 5-year-old you would have smacked him on the arse and taken him straight home.

Umpires are human and they will have seen it when every footy show was taking the pee out of him. How do you think that works when there is a 50-50 call to make on top of all the other times he bakes the umpires?

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2557 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »
Richo would've eventually found himself up on murder charges had he played with Grigg.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2558 on: March 02, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »

I'm certainly not a hater but I also see that he needs to adjust his mental approach to the game.

It's not just the finger pointing and over-the-top reactions to wins and losses that will no doubt pee off his team mates in time, but other aspects of his behaviour as well.

Like last year when he made a stupid attempt at marking the footy then baked the umpire for not giving him a free for a push when there was no-one near him. If he was your 5-year-old you would have smacked him on the arse and taken him straight home.

Umpires are human and they will have seen it when every footy show was taking the pee out of him. How do you think that works when there is a 50-50 call to make on top of all the other times he bakes the umpires?

Yep. That kind of poo is silly and possibly negatively impacts the whole team to some
degree. It's a weakness of Jack's. I don't think he does this because he's a poo bloke, more because he lets his passion and frustration get the better of him at times. But it's certainly something he needs to work on. Having said that, he also does poo loads of good things - often miraculous and unselfish things - for the team, so I'm not going to let those silly things define him as a player or person. 

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2559 on: March 03, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
Richo would've eventually found himself up on murder charges had he played with Grigg.

LOL I can just picture Richo chasing Grigg down the middle of the MCG and giving him a hiding.

Gigantor

« Reply #2560 on: March 03, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »
I know this is off topic,but I get a sense that with our depth in the midfield this year,that griggs time might be up.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2561 on: March 12, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
Hardwick happy Jack is back
richmondfc.com.au 
March 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was pleased to see star forward Jack Riewoldt gain some valuable game time in last Friday’s practice match against Essendon at Punt Road Oval at the ME Bank Centre.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/hardwick-happy-jack-is-back

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2562 on: March 14, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
Clearly Barrett wants that first post-media ban interview with Jack :yep ...

IF ...... Jack Riewoldt kicks a bag on Saturday night, and is approached by the boundary rider post-match

THEN ... it'll be interesting to see how his media ban plays out.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-14/sliding-doors-round-one

dwaino

« Reply #2563 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
Clearly Barrett wants that first post-media ban interview with Jack :yep ...

IF ...... Jack Riewoldt kicks a bag on Saturday night, and is approached by the boundary rider post-match

THEN ... it'll be interesting to see how his media ban plays out.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-14/sliding-doors-round-one

Campbell Brown on Triple M's Saturday morning show 'Dead set legends' has made it his season goal to get an interview with Jack.

Woah look at Jack work the room. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen  :shh

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2564 on: March 14, 2014, 12:41:25 PM »

Yep. That kind of poo is silly and possibly negatively impacts the whole team to some
degree. It's a weakness of Jack's. I don't think he does this because he's a poo bloke, more because he lets his passion and frustration get the better of him at times. But it's certainly something he needs to work on. Having said that, he also does pooe loads of good things - often miraculous and unselfish things - for the team, so I'm not going to let those silly things define him as a player or person.

Remenber when the knob got taken off injured, wasn't allowed back on and had a big cry and abused trainers.
Such a wanker.
Caracella and Balmey.