Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462909 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2955 on: June 29, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »
I expect this sort output from Jack every week. He's good enough despite the lack of help from other forwards and our stupid game plan especially our forward entries.

The Richo-man worked his arse off all game whether he had help or not and I think Jack can achieve this if he's prepared to work harder for longer.

I think he's good enough & talented enough.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2956 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:46 PM »
Doesn't matter how good jack is if the other 17 cannot get the ball out of the back 50 / half way which happens quite regularly
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2957 on: June 30, 2016, 01:24:17 PM »
Doesn't matter how good jack is if the other 17 cannot get the ball out of the back 50 / half way which happens quite regularly
A good coach would fix this in one preseason.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2958 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »

The Richo-man worked his arse off all game whether he had help or not and I think Jack can achieve this if he's prepared to work harder for longer.

Riewoldt works twice as hard as Richo did at the same point in his career.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2959 on: August 05, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »
’If I was Jack Riewoldt ... I’d go’: Maclure

Herald Sun
5 August 2016

CARLTON great Mark Maclure says Jack Riewoldt should leave Richmond.

Riewoldt, 27, has played 10 seasons with the Tigers and been the club’s leading goalkicker every year since 2010.

The star forward has kicked 41 goals in 18 games this year and has been one of the side’s best in its disappointing season that will see it miss the finals.

The Tigers have won just seven games in a year many predicted they could make the top four and possibly challenge for a premiership.

This season has highlighted the holes in the club’s list, leading to many suggesting Richmond will embark on a rebuild.

Hawthorn champion Dermott Brereton wrote in the Herald Sun on Friday Riewoldt, captain Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance, Dustin Martin and Brett Deledio are the five star players Richmond must keep.

But Maclure says if he was in Riewoldt’s position, he would leave.

“If I was Jack Riewoldt ... (you’ve got to ask) is he going to win a premiership at this footy club?” Maclure said on AFL360.

“I’d go. I’d seriously go if I was Jack because I cannot see a change in what they’re doing at the moment because they’ve done it for three to four years.

“They’ve played in finals and played the same way. They tried to change it at the start of the year and you know what, they didn’t stay the course. They didn’t go down the path, they stopped and went back to where it was before and that’s why they are where they are now.”

Coach Damien Hardwick has been criticised for his use of the two-time Coleman Medallist, opting to play him up the ground rather than close to goal as a genuine full forward.

His 41 goals this season is his lowest tally since booting 32 majors in 2009.

The Tigers are under pressure after slumping to a humiliating 88-point loss to GWS last Saturday in which it kicked a record-low 23 points for the game. Riewoldt kicked two of the Tigers’ three goals.

Hardwick insists the Tigers’ current list, which he rates as the best in his time as coach, is capable of playing finals but simply hasn’t produced its best footy enough this season.

Maclure disagrees, saying the club and its coaching staff need to go back to the drawing board.

“They need a total re-program. A total re-program of their coaching style and their playing style. In the last six weeks, they don’t play like a team at all,” he said.

“They’re the second worst side in the competition in tackling and in pressure acts as well, the second worst.

“That comes because they chip the ball around and take easy marks.

“The big thing for me is the senior players and the coaching staff — if the coaching staff tell them that’s how they should play, they’re kidding.

“It couldn’t possibly be that way.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/mark-maclure-says-jack-riewoldt-should-leave-richmond-as-lack-of-success-at-the-tigers-continues/news-story/8b94c7ef6183b370b08aeed51bf3a0d3

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2960 on: August 05, 2016, 11:36:56 PM »
’If I was Jack Riewoldt ... I’d go’: Maclure

Herald Sun
5 August 2016

CARLTON great Mark Maclure says Jack Riewoldt should leave Richmond.

Riewoldt, 27, has played 10 seasons with the Tigers and been the club’s leading goalkicker every year since 2010.

The star forward has kicked 41 goals in 18 games this year and has been one of the side’s best in its disappointing season that will see it miss the finals.

The Tigers have won just seven games in a year many predicted they could make the top four and possibly challenge for a premiership.

This season has highlighted the holes in the club’s list, leading to many suggesting Richmond will embark on a rebuild.

Hawthorn champion Dermott Brereton wrote in the Herald Sun on Friday Riewoldt, captain Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance, Dustin Martin and Brett Deledio are the five star players Richmond must keep.

But Maclure says if he was in Riewoldt’s position, he would leave.

“If I was Jack Riewoldt ... (you’ve got to ask) is he going to win a premiership at this footy club?” Maclure said on AFL360.

“I’d go. I’d seriously go if I was Jack because I cannot see a change in what they’re doing at the moment because they’ve done it for three to four years.

“They’ve played in finals and played the same way. They tried to change it at the start of the year and you know what, they didn’t stay the course. They didn’t go down the path, they stopped and went back to where it was before and that’s why they are where they are now.”

Coach Damien Hardwick has been criticised for his use of the two-time Coleman Medallist, opting to play him up the ground rather than close to goal as a genuine full forward.

His 41 goals this season is his lowest tally since booting 32 majors in 2009.

The Tigers are under pressure after slumping to a humiliating 88-point loss to GWS last Saturday in which it kicked a record-low 23 points for the game. Riewoldt kicked two of the Tigers’ three goals.

Hardwick insists the Tigers’ current list, which he rates as the best in his time as coach, is capable of playing finals but simply hasn’t produced its best footy enough this season.

Maclure disagrees, saying the club and its coaching staff need to go back to the drawing board.

“They need a total re-program. A total re-program of their coaching style and their playing style. In the last six weeks, they don’t play like a team at all,” he said.

“They’re the second worst side in the competition in tackling and in pressure acts as well, the second worst.

“That comes because they chip the ball around and take easy marks.

“The big thing for me is the senior players and the coaching staff — if the coaching staff tell them that’s how they should play, they’re kidding.

“It couldn’t possibly be that way.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/mark-maclure-says-jack-riewoldt-should-leave-richmond-as-lack-of-success-at-the-tigers-continues/news-story/8b94c7ef6183b370b08aeed51bf3a0d3

He really is just a Richmond hating PoS. Eff off Maclure.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2961 on: August 06, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
actually he isnt. he just calls it as he sees it, and he bags any team as he sees fit, even carlton. whether he see it correct is another matter.

funnily enough he doesnt bag richmond anywhere near as much as many on here, and they would squeal like biatches if you said they hated Richmond
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2962 on: August 06, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
He is the Bolt of the football world, trolling old prick lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2963 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »

Bolt is one of the most entertaining columnists in Herald Sun history. But he doesn't troll. He believes every word he writes.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2964 on: August 06, 2016, 01:24:10 PM »
and that is truly scary

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2965 on: August 06, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »

Bolt is one of the most entertaining columnists in Herald Sun history. But he doesn't troll. He believes every word he writes.

'Have you seen Hampson train?'
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2966 on: August 06, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »
actually he isnt. he just calls it as he sees it, and he bags any team as he sees fit, even carlton. whether he see it correct is another matter.

funnily enough he doesnt bag richmond anywhere near as much as many on here, and they would squeal like biatches if you said they hated Richmond

Duh.

Maybe because THIS is a Richmond forum.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:40:47 PM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2967 on: August 06, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
ok then........

Offline Red Ranger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2968 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »
Saw this interview with Jack recently talking about buying his first home. I don't think it's been shared yet.

“if I had my time again, I would have probably waited around and watched the market a little bit more but it was so exciting getting into the property game that I jumped on the opportunity.”

“To be able to put some paint on the walls and say that it’s your and you did it and invite people over to your house is pretty special.”

http://blog.realestateview.com.au/2016/07/jack-riewoldt-first-home-buyer-richmond-fc/

bit of a different perspective on the guy

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2969 on: August 09, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »
and that is truly scary
What is truly scary is the halfwits who swallow his crap hook line and sinker as gospel.  The regulator cracked me up with his findings but didn't take into count how many mouth breathers get sucked in by his bs.
http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/news-and-current-affairs/regulator-says-andrew-bolt-too-hyperbolic-to-be-factual-20160805-gqm7n9.html
Lots of people name their swords......