Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462868 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2985 on: January 31, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »
I get why they have experimented with him up the ground, but all things considered, I think the team benefits most from having him close to goal. It's where he is most damaging and creative. He can still create goals for teammates from that position.
Steady on Willy, if we put him there and kick goals then maybe we will win games. I think Hardwick and the brains trust will have to think this one over as it seems rather radical? :lol :lol :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2986 on: January 31, 2017, 02:04:19 PM »
I get why they have experimented with him up the ground, but all things considered, I think the team benefits most from having him close to goal. It's where he is most damaging and creative. He can still create goals for teammates from that position. 
not as many though.

no tall in the side can create opportunities for others like he can.
blokes than do not much more than mark and kick straight from set shots can benefit from having a player like jack further up the ground, but cant do the same as he can further up.
Its nearly impossible to double team a mobile hard working forward.
it pee easy to do so one that you just plonk in the goal square.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2987 on: January 31, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
Yes lets bring in the days of riewoldt standing in the square whilst three defenders climb all over him

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2988 on: January 31, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
Yes lets bring in the days of riewoldt standing in the square whilst three defenders climb all over him
Yes.  :clapping

This time we will plan to use two unmanned forwards left by the other two triple teaming Jack! Great idea Chucky!

Jack not only kicks goals but creates goals for others. Putting him deep forward is much better all round. We scored best when he was there. Our scoring dried up when he played way up the ground. Guys like Rioli, Bolton and even Lloyd will benefit from his smarts.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2989 on: January 31, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »

He is tripple teamed because he is bloody dangerous down there. And when that happens it frees up the players around him. Not a bad way of creating goals for teammates if that's what Dimma wants.

Or should we bench him for the whole game to ensure that he doesn't have a defender on him?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2990 on: January 31, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »

He is tripple teamed because he is bloody dangerous down there. And when that happens it frees up the players around him. Not a bad way of creating goals for teammates if that's what Dimma wants.

Or should we bench him for the whole game to ensure that he doesn't have a defender on him?

He may get triple teamed but I don't see any damaging stats from the two, free defenders when he does
Caracella and Balmey.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2991 on: January 31, 2017, 06:27:40 PM »

He may get triple teamed but I don't see any damaging stats from the two, free defenders when he does
:huh
You mean forwards I assume.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2992 on: January 31, 2017, 08:40:36 PM »
Reckon opposition coaches like seeing Jack up the ground.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2993 on: January 31, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
not as many though.

no tall in the side can create opportunities for others like he can.
blokes than do not much more than mark and kick straight from set shots can benefit from having a player like jack further up the ground, but cant do the same as he can further up.
Its nearly impossible to double team a mobile hard working forward.
it pee easy to do so one that you just plonk in the goal square.

This post. Jack is a gun up the field. Combine his stats with goal assists and remember his 2016 was hampered from his dodgy hand which impacted his goal kicking. What we need is big, stonking forward in the goal square who can bring it to ground for the smalls. Jack is far more useful actually getting the pill.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2994 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »

This time we will plan to use two unmanned forwards left by the other two triple teaming Jack! Great idea Chucky!

Jack not only kicks goals but creates goals for others. Putting him deep forward is much better all round. We scored best when he was there. Our scoring dried up when he played way up the ground. Guys like Rioli, Bolton and even Lloyd will benefit from his smarts.
really? what do you base this on?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2995 on: January 31, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »

Richmond 2016 Points For:  1713   (finished 13th)
Richmond 2015 Points For:  2006   (finished 5th)
Richmond 2011 Points For:  2069   (finished 12th)
Richmond 2012 Points For:  2169   (finished 12th)

So EVEN when we had a much better year in 2015 we scored more points in our rebuilding years with Jack closer to goal. When we had a similar year results wise to the rebuilding years in 2016, we scored MUCH LESS with Jack further up the field.

So there are the FACTS laid squarely in front of the doubting Thomases!!!!!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2996 on: January 31, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »

:huh
You mean forwards I assume.

Sorry. Confusing. Yes.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2997 on: February 01, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »

So EVEN when we had a much better year in 2015 we scored more points in our rebuilding years with Jack closer to goal. When we had a similar year results wise to the rebuilding years in 2016, we scored MUCH LESS with Jack further up the field.

So you are saying as a team we had our best year when Jack played further upfield.  Thanks for confirming our point.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2998 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »

So you are saying as a team we had our best year when Jack played further upfield.  Thanks for confirming our point.
We had a better year because we defended better. Pretty obvious I would have thought.
This discussion was about scoring, which we've had more trouble doing when our best forward hasn't been played forward.

I know it's hard to accept the facts because you argued otherwise, but they are there as proof without twisting them at all.

And further to the point we had our worst year when Jack played even further up the ground!!!!!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2999 on: February 01, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »
That's called check mate! :snidegrin