Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462885 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3540 on: October 15, 2020, 04:40:55 PM »
Jack's form was questioned during both the 2017 & 2019 final series as well and he responded. Touchwood he does again tomorrow night :pray. You can never rule out a champion.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3541 on: October 16, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »
Jack's form was questioned during both the 2017 & 2019 final series as well and he responded. Touchwood he does again tomorrow night :pray. You can never rule out a champion.
:clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3542 on: October 16, 2020, 10:55:34 PM »
It probably won't show up in the stats but I thought Jack played his role brilliantly tonight. Was able to crash packs when outnumbered and bring the ball to ground. Shut up the baggers in the media once again. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3543 on: October 16, 2020, 10:58:09 PM »
It probably won't show up in the stats but I thought Jack played his role brilliantly tonight. Was able to crash packs when outnumbered and bring the ball to ground. Shut up the baggers in the media once again.

Spot on

Thought he was great tonight, last quarter in particular

He made contests forward of centre which allowed Nank to set up down back
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3544 on: October 16, 2020, 11:54:10 PM »

Spot on

Thought he was great tonight, last quarter in particular

He made contests forward of centre which allowed Nank to set up down back
Sometimes he was competing against 3 or four opponents.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3545 on: October 16, 2020, 11:58:53 PM »
That last point was smart thinking. Outside his range especially to be accurate he knew just a point was vital.
Smart footballer Jack

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3546 on: October 17, 2020, 12:06:05 AM »
That last point was smart thinking. Outside his range especially to be accurate he knew just a point was vital.
Smart footballer Jack

Eased my nerves a little knowing we couldn’t be beaten with a goal.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3547 on: October 17, 2020, 04:55:36 AM »
Jack has got the smartest footy brain in the afl one step ahead of everybody reads the play so well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3548 on: October 17, 2020, 06:18:33 AM »
Jack Riewoldt

Just the one goal and no marks for the game. Definitely not the best game for him or Tom Lynch, but they did bring the ball to ground as they had to.

Rating: 5

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3549 on: October 17, 2020, 07:19:06 PM »
Damien Hardwick issued a warning to critics of two-time premiership-winning forward Jack Riewoldt.

After being held goalless and restricted to two kicks in the semi-final win over St Kilda, Riewoldt was marginally better against the Power, notching an early major among his six kicks.

In 2017 Riewoldt was relatively quiet in the preliminary final against GWS before having a day out in the decider against Adelaide.

Last year he was held goalless against Geelong, a week before slaughtering the Giants with five majors on grand final day.

If history and Hardwick are good judges, "Jumping Jack" could be on next Saturday.

"Jack was one-versus-two, one-versus-three a lot of times, as was Tom [Lynch]," Hardwick said of his two spearheads' travails against Port.

"We've seen this last year where Jack was playing a reasonable brand of footy, then dominated in the biggest game on the biggest stage.

"Write him off at your own peril."

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3550 on: October 20, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »
Tigers back Jack Riewoldt to fire in AFL Grand Final

ESPN
20 October 2020

Richmond forward Tom Lynch says those doubting teammate Jack Riewoldt's ability to influence Saturday's AFL Grand Final only need to remember last year's decider.

Riewoldt hasn't had more than six disposals in any of the Tigers' three finals on the way to the Gabba premiership clash against Geelong.

The 31-year-old, who booted four goals against the Cats in round 17 this year, went goalless in the semifinal win over St Kilda and could only manage one major in last week's preliminary final victory against Port Adelaide.

Lynch is far from concerned about his forward partner's form, saying the stats sheet is not reflective of his influence on the game.

He also made sure to point out the two-time premiership winner and three-time Coleman medallist delivered when it mattered in last year's Grand Final win over GWS.

"He kicked five last year in the Grand Final," Lynch said.

"If he did that again it'd be nice.

"But, no, Jack's had a really good year and he was super on the weekend.

"Just his contest, he was outnumbered a lot and brought the ball to ground. I thought he played a really good game on the weekend."

Lynch has also praised Riewoldt's support and influence on him since his arrival at Tigerland in 2018, saying he and captain Trent Cotchin highlight the selflessness which has been a cornerstone of Richmond's success in recent years.

"Jack's been amazing for me. Ever since I've walked in the footy club he's just been massive support for me I couldn't thank him enough," Lynch said.

"He's just a massive team player.

"He's obviously a three-time leading goalkicker, tells me that every now and again, but he's all about the team and you know that he'll do anything he can for the team.

"Just shows you that the highest profile players, they care about the team and that's what gets results."

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/30150300/afl-grand-final-richmond-tigers-back-jack-riewoldt-fire-decider

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3551 on: October 25, 2020, 06:27:01 AM »
Jack Riewoldt – 4
Not often sighted in the opening half, battling against Lachie Henderson, and was even forced to the ruck as the side juggled the absence of Nick Vlastuin. Was clever with limited ball and put the icing on the cake with a stunning drop punt from the boundary with two minutes left.

Source: AFL website

Jack Riewoldt
Riewoldt started very slowly with just one touch in the first half. But he got going when the Tiger train got into motion, starting with a free kick and converting a shot on goal in the third. He floated in to take a great grab towards the end of the game, before kicking a goal with just two minutes remaining to ice the cake.

Rating: 7

Source: Foxsports

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3552 on: October 25, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
Shame he didn't kick one more but it wasn't a night for tall forwards.

Still has good footy in him but I suspect 2021 will be it for him. Fingers crossed for 300/700. And beautifully spoken after the game. Has grown into a wonderful human.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3553 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:43 AM »
Jack Riewoldt has delivered his own rendition of Fleetwood Mac's ‘Dreams’ on TikTok after Richmond’s AFL Grand Final win:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1320195971104477185

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3554 on: November 18, 2020, 04:30:31 AM »
"We've proven we can do it any time, any place... that's the reason I love this one."

🎥 @JackRiewoldt08 speaks about what makes his third premiership so special.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/836527/grand-recollections-jack-riewoldt?videoId=836527&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1605553200001