Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462909 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3750 on: April 16, 2022, 09:04:19 PM »
Jack wins family bragging rights

It was a quiet day out for Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt but he did take some family bragging rights away from Adelaide Oval. Riewoldt started game 308 on 718 career goals, equal with cousin Nick. He couldn't get his hands on the footy through the first quarter, but late in the second Jack found himself clear in the forward line, marked a centering kick and calmly went back to slot the goal. It may not have been the most spectacular of his career, but it's sure to get a mention at Christmas dinner. Now, his second for the match was a lot more interesting!

Source: AFL media

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:09:19 PM by one-eyed »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3751 on: April 17, 2022, 09:39:26 PM »
Kicked a couple of goals but take them away and i thought it a pretty ordinary game.

Am i seeing it right?  i thought the fwd line functioned better without JR  and Parker combined with Balta and Lynch

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3752 on: April 17, 2022, 11:54:07 PM »
Kicked a couple of goals but take them away and i thought it a pretty ordinary game.

Am i seeing it right?  i thought the fwd line functioned better without JR  and Parker combined with Balta and Lynch

I agree. He is quite stuffed IMO. Shame but true.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3753 on: April 26, 2022, 04:36:43 PM »
Jack now in the top 20 goalkickers of all time. Needs 6 more goals to go past Carey and Hudson.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/careergoals.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3754 on: April 27, 2022, 09:24:45 AM »
Esteemed company.

Gee never thought he'd go past Carey.

Amazes me how many salty supporters still call him junk time Jack or a whinger etc

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3755 on: April 27, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »
Up there with the smartest player I’ve ever watched in my time watching the game.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #3756 on: April 27, 2022, 02:59:19 PM »
Esteemed company.

Amazes me how many salty supporters still call him junk time Jack or a whinger etc

I understand why opposition supporters would call him a whinger

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3757 on: April 27, 2022, 10:17:48 PM »
Why? And don’t you find that ironic?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3758 on: April 28, 2022, 06:41:17 AM »
Absolute legend of the game.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3759 on: April 28, 2022, 07:12:15 AM »
Champion. End of story
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3760 on: April 28, 2022, 11:34:14 AM »
Up there with the smartest player I’ve ever watched in my time watching the game.
Agree.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3761 on: April 28, 2022, 01:07:17 PM »
Out of interest HRT who would be second IYO?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3762 on: April 28, 2022, 01:21:48 PM »
Esteemed company.

Has been a great servant of the club for me. as far as tall fwds go only behind Richardson and Roach.I pick Roach because i think him the better player and his goal average of over 3 a game lends weight to the argument and Roach is one of just two tigers to kick 100 goals in a season that makes him i believe a part of a group of just 21players achieving the feat.
If selecting  an all time side today would have to be in the team as the third tall.

An all time side makes for interesting reading. I suppose we had the Team of the century but i disagreed with one selection there. I thought a bloke called Richard (Dick) Harris should have joined Bartlett as a magnificent rover but a mighty goal kicking one.

Harris kicked 548 goals in just 196 games at what is for us the 4th highest goalkicking average at 2.80.Harris also topped the league goal kicking in 1943 and ours in 37 and 44. He played in two premierships in what was probably the toughest period the game was played in.

To put that in perspective only two fwds have ever averaged more than 3 goals a game for us in Titus 3.30 and Roach 3.04
Richo is the only other in front of him at 2.84 followed by Harris 2.80 and JR at 2.34

Of the 98  players who have managed more then 400 goals in their careers, 400 seems to be the AFL benchmark that average places Harris in the top 30.

Reckon id go with the following including Jack

Titus 970g at 3.30 - Roach 607g at 3.04 - Riewoldt 722g at 2.34

Hart 369g at 1.97 - Richardson 800g at 2.84 - Harris 548g at 2.80

Bartlett 778g at 1.93  would be starting rover changing fwd with Harris.

I reckon Riewoldt deserves to be in that above company based on his exploits and especially his goal kicking prowess over a long period of time.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3763 on: April 28, 2022, 01:30:30 PM »
Some players make the ball obey them ... Jack is one of those.
Peter Hudson also told the ball what to do ... now Jack is overtaking him ...    :bow
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3764 on: April 28, 2022, 02:22:54 PM »
Some players make the ball obey them ... Jack is one of those.
Peter Hudson also told the ball what to do ... now Jack is overtaking him ...    :bow

Sorry mate but Hudson and Jack are poles apart. I find it amazing that any one could put em in the same group.
That is no slurr on JR but Hudson was an absolute freak and if not for knee injuries would have been the greatest full forward of all time imo.He just kept on kicking goals no matter what.

Ironic  how it panned out Both Hudson and Hart the two greatest Tassie fwds produced imo. were both cut down by knee injuries Hudsons basically costing 5 seasons when he was in his prime.
Still in his his 129 games he kicked 727 goals at what is still unbeaten by anyone an average of 5.64 goals a game.