Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462909 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3781 on: May 22, 2022, 08:58:31 AM »
Bags 4.

Could have had 5-6.

I've been thinking he should retire but over the last month I am genuinely wondering if him and Cotch should maybe play another year. Still leads very well, smart around the ground (that left foot!) and he is hitting the scoreboard well. With Lynch being up and down I still think there's a spot for Jack but perhaps we need to find another key forward and maybe leave jack on the list with the expectation he might only play 15ish games.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3782 on: May 22, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
Jack and cotch look like theyve got this year and next in them. Shane Edwards should retire end of this season hrs done.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3783 on: May 22, 2022, 01:09:34 PM »
Jack and cotch look like theyve got this year and next in them. Shane Edwards should retire end of this season hrs done.

Think sheds has been much improved in the last month. Either way I wouldn’t be offering any of them a new contract until the end of the season.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3784 on: May 22, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »
Jack has another year in him. We need him just as much as he would love another year.

any other decision is the wrong one given the lack of talent we have coming through.

If he doesn't play last night we come close to losing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3785 on: May 22, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
Either way ,due to our recruitment we need to keep him whilst we develop key forwards . Even if they get ready made key forward, it will mean they are trading our top picks otherwise it will be a hit or miss so Jack is insurance

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3786 on: May 23, 2022, 06:49:03 AM »
Veteran star still has some gas in the tank

At 33 and with 313 games on the odometer, Jack Riewoldt still has some high-quality performances left in the tank. Tom Lynch has been the star of the show in attack this season, but on Saturday night against Essendon it was all about the three-time Coleman medallist – and it might be in the coming weeks. Lynch suffered a hamstring injury against the Bombers and spent the final quarter on the bench after kicking 0.4 up until that point. Riewoldt produced his best performance of the season, finishing with 4.2 from 10 marks and eight score involvements. The three-time premiership player has been a star for a long time and doesn't want to exit the game quietly. - Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/763674/nine-things-we-learned-there-s-a-new-superstar-in-town

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3787 on: May 26, 2022, 09:53:44 PM »
Jack Riewoldt on his AFL future and whether 2022 will be his final season.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1529764021955506177

---------------------------------------------

‘Why not?’ Riewoldt’s honest admission about AFL future ahead of potential ‘last opportunity’

Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
May 26th, 2022 8:57 pm

Three-time premiership Tiger Jack Riewoldt has given his biggest hint yet of what his future holds in 2023 and beyond.

Richmond’s star forward comes out of contract at the end of 2022 after more than a decade at the club.

Speaking on AFL360 on Thursday night, the three-time Coleman Medallist said he was simply taking it one week at a time.

“A lot of people have asked me when I’m re-signing over the last two weeks just because I’ve probably run into a little bit of form,” he laughed.

“I sort of don’t think too far past every week and whether or not I’ll play on next year or what it looks like.

“Chatting to (cousin and St Kilda great) Nick (Riewoldt) a little bit at the start of this year that if this is my last year, then these will be the last opportunities I get to play at the SCG, possibly the last Indigenous round last week and all of those things.

“It’s good to enjoy them for what it is.

“It’s been great, I’ve really enjoyed training and everything that comes with it. So we’ll wait and see.”

But as a “realist”, Riewoldt said he understood his future could change quickly.

“I’m a realist as well – at 33, I’ll be 34 at the end of this year, it only takes a poorer month of football to maybe lose a bit of love or maybe the club loses a bit of love in me and my direction changes,” he said.

“I’ve got other things in my life that I want to do as well.

“Why not think of it as your last opportunity to do these sort of things?

“It’s such a great journey and a great environment to work in … It makes me appreciate just how lucky I am to have been involved in a great football club and have a job like an AFL footballer.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/why-not-riewoldts-honest-admission-about-afl-future-ahead-of-potential-last-opportunity/news-story/b6c6520a02b01fcef38d7234150ae1c2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3788 on: June 08, 2022, 07:08:12 AM »
Jack on AFL360 last night said he spent the bye weekend in hospital.

He broke his little finger on his right hand against Essendon and then it got infected in the Swans game. So he needed 3 days in hospital receiving antibiotics. He's been testing out a glove but hasn't yet decided if he'll wear it. The doc has apparently given his opinion but Jack is still weighing it up.

Confirmation: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1534132492902727680

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3789 on: June 15, 2022, 07:26:08 AM »
Jack Riewoldt was asked by Robbo and Kath Loughnan about next year.

Jack said he was happy with what he has achieved over his career even if Thursday night was his last game let alone this season. He added that this is a question for himself, Cotch, Sheds and Lambert and that for the sake of the Club you don't want all of them retiring at once because it would hurt the team.

He couldn't see himself playing for another existing club if Richmond said that's it after this year and another club came knocking wanting him to do a Luke Hodge role. However, if a Tassie team was coming in next year and they wanted him to be their inaugural captain he'd say yes. 

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3790 on: June 17, 2022, 12:07:18 AM »
Thought he was sensational tonight. Might not have the hops that he used to but the effort is still well and truly there and his tackling was a feature tonight.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3791 on: June 17, 2022, 12:09:32 AM »
Thought he was sensational tonight. Might not have the hops that he used to but the effort is still well and truly there and his tackling was a feature tonight.

Agree
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3792 on: June 17, 2022, 07:08:14 AM »
Jack went past Kernahan on the all-time goalkicking tally last night  :clapping.

12. Matthew Richardson 800
13. Kevin Bartlett          778
14. Saverio Rocca         748
15. Barry Hall               746
16. Jack Riewoldt          739
17. Stephen Kernahan   738

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/careergoals.html

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3793 on: June 17, 2022, 11:29:25 AM »
So will almost certainly pass sav rocca and move into 14th by the end of the season. If he plays on next season can maybe pass KB into 13th which is the max he can get upto I think.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3794 on: June 17, 2022, 06:25:48 PM »
On 24 after 11 games this year, let’s double that and then assume another 20 games and 35-40 goals in 2023.
Roughly 60ish goals to add to his 740ish so 800 is in the conversation
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.