Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462901 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3975 on: June 04, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »
Tigers find their Jack in a box

Set to turn 35 later this year, Jack Riewoldt was still as spritely as ever at Giants Stadium. The veteran Richmond forward, in the absence of partner Tom Lynch, continued to impress as the focal point of the side's attack. He has now kicked bags of four against Sydney, four against Melbourne and four against the Giants since Lynch exited the team. Riewoldt led strongly, marked well above his head and ended the contest with a game-high five goals. It could have been more, given he took eight shots, but his 10 score involvements were among the most on the ground and inspired Richmond to victory.

15 disposals (9k, 6h, 9c, 5u, 46.7% eff.)
8 marks (3 contested marks)
3 tackles (2 F50 tackles)
228 metres gained
1 intercept
10 score involvements
1 goal assist
5 goals
3 behinds
89% time on ground

Source: AFL website.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3976 on: June 04, 2023, 06:23:45 PM »
Played well, my call was get rid of him, obviously wrong, well done Jack

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3977 on: June 04, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »
Did really well - I thought his 5 goal games were behind him .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3978 on: June 04, 2023, 07:55:35 PM »
Jack Riewoldt had carried Richmond throughout the game, with the veteran Tigers forward finishing with five goals – his most in a game since 2021 – and producing several clutch moments late in the match. Set to turn 35 later this year, McQualter heaped praise on the club's star forward but wouldn't be drawn on his future.

"I don't think I've ever met anyone as competitive as Jack," McQualter said.

"He's such a proud person. He's clearly not able to do what he did in 2017, but he just finds a way every week. He's been really competitive for us and he's playing a role for us. To be able to get a lick of the ice cream today was great reward for him.

"It's far above my pay grade (whether he can play on). That's for Jack and the club to work out. I'm not sure right now. I know he's really focused on this year and seeing what happens."

Source: AFL website.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3979 on: June 04, 2023, 09:38:59 PM »
Jumpin' Jack can go again in 2024

It was vintage Jack Riewoldt. He led strongly, marked well above his head, and – for the most part – converted his chances. Riewoldt's performance in Richmond's thrilling victory over Greater Western Sydney, which yielded five goals and 10 score involvements from eight scoring shots and eight marks, was evidence he can play into an 18th season next year if he chooses. Riewoldt has wound back the years since becoming the focal point of the side's forward line in the absence of Tom Lynch. He's kicked four against Melbourne, four against Sydney, and now five against the Giants – all without Lynch – to notch 21 goals from 11 games so far this season. If the Tigers are willing, and if he's determined, who is to say Jack can't play on?

- Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/940684/seven-things-we-learned-this-dog-is-the-best-ruck-in-the-game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3980 on: June 04, 2023, 09:39:43 PM »
Most times kicking first goal in AFL games since 1999:

50 - JACK RIEWOLDT
43 - Josh Kennedy (Carl/WCE)
36 - Lance Franklin
33 - Stephen Milne
31 - Tom Hawkins
28 - Nick Riewoldt
28 - Matthew Lloyd
28 - Steve Johnson

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1665198536420388864

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3981 on: June 05, 2023, 11:43:42 AM »
I feel like people (non rfc folk) forget jack Riewoldt is a god damn 3x coleman medalist. Incredible journey his career has been. I think he should retire at the end of the year still but massive respect for him to be the focal point when his body is cooked

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3982 on: June 05, 2023, 12:57:02 PM »
I feel like people (non rfc folk) forget jack Riewoldt is a god damn 3x coleman medalist. Incredible journey his career has been. I think he should retire at the end of the year still but massive respect for him to be the focal point when his body is cooked

He’s an absolute warrior, if it weren’t for lynch going down Jack could rest a bit and probably prolong his career another year seeing as we don’t have any talls coming up anyway. He really is a special forward, not only at kicking goals but the smarts and ability to create goals for others. That’s what we will miss the most from him imo

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3983 on: June 05, 2023, 02:17:13 PM »

He’s an absolute warrior, if it weren’t for lynch going down Jack could rest a bit and probably prolong his career another year seeing as we don’t have any talls coming up anyway. He really is a special forward, not only at kicking goals but the smarts and ability to create goals for others. That’s what we will miss the most from him imo

Honestly if the club would commit to getting games into blokes like Bradtke and Bauer as forwards I would consider keeping Jack on in 2024 pretty much for Vic games only/mentoring/injury backup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3984 on: June 05, 2023, 06:58:01 PM »
The Overreaction: Riewoldt is finished

That was the reaction from some when it came to Richmond veteran Jack Riewoldt.

He was criticised for quiet outings against Port Adelaide and Essendon which came with suggestions that the cliff was coming quickly.

At the ripe old age of 34, as the key forward target and battling soreness, he had no right to kick a match-winning bag of five. It could have been seven or eight as well if he kicked accurately.

In Tom Lynch’s absence, Riewoldt has performed admirably in 2023.

He has a massive ticker and should be commended for his ability to continue having an impact after all these years.

Source: SEN.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3985 on: June 06, 2023, 12:45:24 PM »
Player A:       
Goals: 1.9
Contested Marks: 1.9
Offensive 1v1: 5.4
1v1 Win%: 27.1
Frees for: 0.7

Player B:
Goals: 1.8
Contested Marks: 1.8
Offensive 1v1: 3.8
1v1 Win%: 21.7
Frees for: 1.3

No point in wasting everyone's time with a poll given I've cherry picked stats (albeit important stats for a KPF) all favouring player A, who is Jack Riewoldt - a bloke that some fans and media want to retire every second week.

Player B is Aaron Naughton. This is not a dig at him, though I would prefer the dogs to play him in defence and let him be the AA calibre intercepting defender he was destined to be.

Just enjoy Jack, and if we are blessed enough that he gets another contract, it wasn't a "gift"

https://twitter.com/TigerWooda/status/1665834256860606464

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3986 on: June 06, 2023, 12:58:32 PM »
Here here.

It’s funny those who want him retired because he doesn’t deliver, when it’s the  brains trust footy department who have him as the number one forward at his age.

They are the clowns who have missed up our forward line. Jack is doing what he should and CAN do.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3987 on: June 06, 2023, 03:49:23 PM »

Honestly if the club would commit to getting games into blokes like Bradtke and Bauer as forwards I would consider keeping Jack on in 2024 pretty much for Vic games only/mentoring/injury backup.

While he remains well in front of Kaelen and Jacob he should stay. I don't have a problem keeping Jack never have as you know, but i do have a problem with the club not playing one of those kids alongside both jack and lynchy when fit..The only way to get games into young tall fwds is committing fully to three tall fwds.
It is exactly what most other clubs are doing and have done so forever. Us well we have not even bothered drafting them in the main and now wonder why we have no depth.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3988 on: June 11, 2023, 04:08:21 AM »
Riewoldt kicked two goals for the game, to take him level with legend Kevin Bartlett (778 goals) on the Richmond career goalkicking tally.

He is now only 22 short of Matthew Richardson (800), who is second on the Tigers’ tally behind Jack ‘Skinny’ Titus (970).

Titus   970
Richo  800
KB      778
Jack    778*

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/early-tackle-all-the-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-13-of-the-afl-season/news-story/b67be3ce43090a0d4f29320f5cb44719

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3989 on: June 11, 2023, 05:57:44 PM »
Jack's footy smarts on full display once again with this tap through his legs  :bow.

:clapping
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd