Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 462825 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3990 on: June 11, 2023, 06:25:00 PM »
Feel like he could be a more reliable shot for goal under pressure. Missed a soda when we needed a steadier.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3991 on: June 11, 2023, 07:46:54 PM »
Feel like he could be a more reliable shot for goal under pressure. Missed a soda when we needed a steadier.

Agreed. Same with Pickett.

Jack should have had at least 3 snags last night maybe 4

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3992 on: June 13, 2023, 07:32:34 PM »
Jack is co-host tonight with Whateley on AFL360.

Offline PoppyTige

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3993 on: July 06, 2023, 10:18:30 PM »
Jack on Fox Footy: He wore the long sleeves because Hardwick outlawed them and Jack wanted to stir him. :D

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3994 on: July 06, 2023, 10:47:16 PM »
Jack has been an outstanding champion of the club. But he needs to rest and retire. We cannot afford him in the team just for 10 minutes where he does something.
Unfortunately his battled body has got to him.
Is missing for too long in games

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3995 on: July 07, 2023, 02:18:00 AM »
Jack now has moved above KB and into third on the Club's all-time goalkicking list:

Titus   970
Richo  800
Jack    779*
KB      778

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3996 on: July 07, 2023, 03:51:40 PM »
‘He reckons I’m dead to him now’: Tigers star reveals Hardwick’s hilarious reaction after long-sleeve debut

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
July 7th, 2023

Star Richmond veteran Jack Riewoldt has revealed why it took him so long to don a long-sleeve jumper in an AFL match – and the cheeky reaction from his former coach when the latter was informed via text.

In a rare sight for Tigers fans, Riewoldt wore a long-sleeve Richmond guernsey during his side’s thrilling 13-point win over Sydney at the MCG on Thursday night.

Long-sleeve jumpers weren’t common for Tigers players under Damien Hardwick’s successful reign.

But after the triple premiership coach’s shock mid-season departure in May, Riewoldt said he was quick to inquire about the possibility of wearing one.

“Well it was contraband when Dimma was coaching and as soon as he got the lemonade and sars – or he decided to leave – I put the order in to PUMA,” Riewoldt sad with a laugh on Fox Footy post-game.

“It’s come through. I’m looking forward to wearing the yellow one on the away trip.

“It was very funny. Dustin (Martin) and I sent him (Hardwick) a photo before the game – I think the big fella is over in Amsterdam at the moment dodging around the lights – and he laughed at us. He reckons I’m dead to him now I’ve worn the long sleeve – and funnily enough I just sent him back a photo of him wearing one.”

Riewoldt on Thursday night kicked his first goal since Round 13, taking his career tally to 779 and leapfrogging the legendary Kevin Bartlett to move into outright second on the Tigers’ all-time goalkicking table.

“It’s a bit of a weight off my shoulders to be honest,” Riewoldt said. “That’s what I was thinking, it was going to be Mark Taylor retiring on 334 with Don Bradman.

“It has been weighing on my mind a little bit, obviously the last couple of weeks I haven’t kicked a goal. As a key forward you still want to be in that aerial contest, which I felt like I did tonight, but also you want to hit the scoreboard. Just glad to get a goal but also at an important time of the game.”

Asked if he could catch second-ranked Matthew Richardson (800 goals), Riewoldt said: “You’d have to be a silly punter to back me, I reckon, or my teammates would have to try and find me left, right and centre.”

Richmond fought back from 26 points down to win the thriller against Sydney, keeping its faint finals hopes alive in the process and all but extinguishing the Swans’ September ambitions.

“It was a big game of footy for us,” Riewoldt said. “Taking my Richmond hat off and player hat off, these are the games that you need to win if you look at the way the ladder is positioned at the moment and the fight for seventh and eighth positions.

“For us to win, that is a credit to our guys after what was a poor performance last week, we were able to bounce back nicely.”

The Tigers kicked 7.10 to Sydney’s 3.3 after half-time as their increased intensity – both with and without the ball – led to territory dominance.

“Andrew (McQualter) has just spoken about Richmond behaviours since day dot when he took over from Dimma and we really wanted to win the contest,” Riewoldt said.

“We know that Sydney are an extremely skilful side – probably not the Sydney we’ve all grown to know over the last decade or so where they play tough, hard footy … they’ve still got that – and that was probably the thing that got us against the Lions and we were really trying to be aware of that. He had a focus to bring the pressure – and our pressure rating went through the roof.

“Walking up the tunnel and seeing the rain, as much as it doesn’t put a smile on a key forward’s face, it puts a smile on those midfielders … knowing they can play that in and under style footy we got them to the football club for.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2023-jack-riewoldt-wears-long-sleeve-jumper-in-richmond-win-over-sydney-damien-hardwick/news-story/04588cf51be2aaedd9b1a897db6648a7

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3997 on: July 16, 2023, 08:31:23 PM »
Most V/@AFL games kicking 1+ goals

329 - Kevin Bartlett
319 - Lance Franklin
301 - Leigh Matthews
300 - JACK RIEWOLDT
295 - Tom Hawkins
289 - Brent Harvey

https://twitter.com/ChickenLentil/status/1680525175308075008

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3998 on: July 16, 2023, 08:34:10 PM »
Almost cooked is Jack.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3999 on: July 16, 2023, 09:17:33 PM »
Does it really matter, he's the only fwd we have and he's 34. He may be cooked but stuff me let's ensure we give him whY he deserves. The constant narrative saying he is finished isnt that
Go Tigers!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #4000 on: July 16, 2023, 10:38:21 PM »
Almost cooked is Jack.

Lol , was better than the other Jack
WITHOUT DOUBT

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4001 on: July 16, 2023, 10:44:56 PM »
Almost cooked is Jack.

WITHOUT DOUBT

I thought Jack Ross was very good myself  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #4002 on: July 16, 2023, 10:49:44 PM »
Almost cooked is Jack.

WITHOUT DOUBT

I thought Jack Ross was very good myself  :rollin

Sorry WP

You are correct .. Jack Ross was ok

Jack “The Machine” Graham was the worst of the trio without doubt

Ross is going past Graham at a rate of knots

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4003 on: July 16, 2023, 11:45:16 PM »
All 3 jacks were hopeless.

Ross worst game for 2 months.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4004 on: July 17, 2023, 12:17:02 AM »
Does it really matter, he's the only fwd we have and he's 34. He may be cooked but stuff me let's ensure we give him whY he deserves. The constant narrative saying he is finished isnt that
Not almost cooked, HE IS BURNT CHARCOAL. FINISHED